AK AK - Mason Roberson, 16, took off after his parents caught him drinking, smashed his phone, homeschooled, Anchorage, 18 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
NCMC2022601c1.jpg

NCMC2022601x1.jpg

5KEHHSZPD5CEZL73UZFRE5JUIA.jpg

MAY 30 article

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) - When Mason Roberson was last seen, it was around six in the morning on May 18.

His parents said they’d caught him drinking, confronted the 16-year-old about it, and he took off.

Surveillance video from homes located along Venus Way in Oceanview show the teenager upset. At one point, he smashes his phone and breaks it.

More at ‘This is the longest he’s ever been away from us’: Anchorage parents search for missing teen

JUN 10 article

Now, as the search for Mason Roberson enters the fourth week — the teenager has not been seen since leaving his Oceanview home May 18 — Roberson’s parents are offering a $10,000 reward in return for information that leads to their son’s return or the arrest of people involved in his disappearance.

NCMEC

Mason has been missing for quite some time now. Where could he be staying at? He's home schooled, does he have any close friends? Hopefully he's safe out there.

Maybe it was impulsive to silence his parents who were calling/texting him?
That’s what I’m thinking too. And/or maybe they keep track of his location through his phone. Still though, why not just turn it off, or leave it home altogether? A phone is a teenager’s life . . . seems it must have been impulsive. I wonder just how inebriated he was.

If it was 6 am, does that mean they found him drinking in his room, or did they catch him returning from a long night out? Maybe he decided to head back out to meet the same friends again.

Would be interesting to know if he took anything else with him, like a wallet, that could indicate how long he intended to be out for.

The nights are pretty short in Anchorage right now, not much darkness to hide out in.

"... $10,000 reward in return for information that leads to their son’s return or the arrest of people involved in his disappearance."

Is he hanging out with an older crowd (adults?) who supplied the alcohol and are providing him.a place to stay. Or are these peers of his own age? Unknown?

Any minor who has left home and is out there is a safety concern of course- just trying to get a feel of what's actually going on here.

So he was home schooled, does that mean that he doesn't have close friends nearby? or is there a home school community that they belong to? Reason I ask is because I think otherwise, he might be isolated. Kids that age don't make friends easily. So I do wonder who was he hanging around with

So he was home schooled, does that mean that he doesn't have close friends nearby? or is there a home school community that they belong to? Reason I ask is because I think otherwise, he might be isolated. Kids that age don't make friends easily. So I do wonder who was he hanging around with
I live within a mile of where Mason disappeared and his father posts regular updates on Nextdoor. Family is doing a great job of keeping Mason on people's minds.

From things Dad has written, I believe Mason is a homebody gamer. He does not have a "group" that he hangs out with and if he does have friends they may be online friends and not local. There have been zero verified sightings (the sightings are verified NOT mason by his parents) and the proximity to the mud flats is concerning. Several local folks brush this off as a "kid just pushing limits" but I do not believe that Mason has a local teenaged friend who could hide him this long or this well. Its a small town. I do not believe that Mason could have managed to go unnoticed in our homeless community this long either. He has no id, no money, was wearing shorts and its still cold here at night. My son (who was also depressive at 15 or 16), was also a homebody gamer (but did go to school) would not have had a friend locally to take him in. And feed him and clothe him for weeks?

If Mason is still with us, he must be with an adult, perhaps a gaming friend. I do desperately hope so. The vehemence to which his parents are concerned for his safety makes be believe that he is more endangered than at a friends house as well.

"... $10,000 reward in return for information that leads to their son’s return or the arrest of people involved in his disappearance."

Is he hanging out with an older crowd (adults?) who supplied the alcohol and are providing him.a place to stay. Or are these peers of his own age? Unknown?

Any minor who has left home and is out there is a safety concern of course- just trying to get a feel of what's actually going on here.
I believe the alcohol was stolen from mom and dads cabinets. Not supplied by older friends. That appears to be implied.

My impression is that his parents have ZERO clue where he is. There is no "group of friends" to investigate. They are hoping on an outside chance that he has been taken in by others, and not succumbed to the elements.

Is it ok to repost posts from Dad on nextdoor?

According to a nextdoor post, Mason at some point mentioned he "knew someone in the valley" - and this is the origin of the thinking that someone is harboring Mason. The Mat Su valley is about 50 minutes North of Anchorage.

The vehemence to which his parents are concerned for his safety makes be believe that he is more endangered than at a friends house as well.
I’ve been wondering if there are some mental health issues involved. Not that drinking at 16 is unusual, but it may be uncharacteristic for him, especially if he was drinking at home, alone. Being a teenager is hard — even harder if you’re feeling socially isolated and/or misunderstood.

Do you know if he has outdoor experience and could rough it out on these mud flats, if he’s intentionally hiding out? Would it even be possible to hide? I’ve walked along the Coastal Trail and can imagine what the landscape might look like, but I’m unfamiliar with the Oceanview area. Are there many trees? Cliffs?

I hope he’s safe.

According to a nextdoor post, Mason at some point mentioned he "knew someone in the valley" - and this is the origin of the thinking that someone is harboring Mason. The Mat Su valley is about 50 minutes North of Anchorage.
I know he broke his phone, but have his parents been able to access his phone records or his computer?

The Mat Su valley is about 50 minutes North of Anchorage.
This seems like quite a trek with no car. Is hitchhiking common along the highway? Is it easy to take a bus with no wallet? I don’t think he’d be able to call for a ride or even give his friend a heads up that he was coming over because he had broken his phone. Had he visited this friend before, or did he have the address memorized?

I know he broke his phone, but have his parents been able to access his phone records or his computer?
I realize this is just my imagination going wild, but I wonder if he broke his phone after he contacted whoever was at his destination, if he had one, and that this whole "homeschooling" thing is little more than a thinly disguised hostage situation. It's happened before.

Does he have social media- anyone dug anything up?

I wish we knew more details. Says he was last seen around 6am after a fight with parents 9verhis drinking alcohol.

Was he out with friends and strolled in sometime before 6am? Was he at home the whole time drinkng alone? Parents' stash of alcohol? His own? Unknown?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back