Height 5' 8" - 6' 0" (68 - 72 Inches)
Weight 165 - 195 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Date of Last Contact January 1, 1974 approx
NamUs Case CreatedDecember 28, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Nome, Alaska 99762
CountyNome Census Area

Circumstances of Disappearance Mitchell routinely sent letters to his family from Nome, Alaska after moving there around 1965. The letters stopped around 1973 and no one has heard from him since. Date of last contact is approximate.

Hair Color - Brown
Eyes - Gray

Thumbnail

I have found a Mitchel J Teevan born in Ohio 1935. Looking at Newspaper articles I believe he had a extensive history with the law. Mitchell (or Mitchel) Joseph Teevan is in many articles, and age matches up. I can copy post if anyone would like to read them. Basically the first start around 1957 for robbery, he was acquitted later but that’s another story! 1958 was hurt in a fight, next month “accidental” shoots himself in the leg, a women was involved/there. 1959 was charged with 4 others with transporting women for “immoral purposes”. 1963 armed robbery and burglary.

I think he might have got in the wrong crowd and was murdered or possibly he took a new identity in Alaska.

ETA, He was convicted on the prostitution charge, his ex wife testified as well. Strangely he is also now connected to knowing the “strawberry killer” in Cincinnati. Off the look that up now!

Last edited:
I have found a Mitchel J Teevan born in Ohio 1935. Looking at Newspaper articles I believe he had a extensive history with the law. Mitchell (or Mitchel) Joseph Teevan is in many articles, and age matches up. I can copy post if anyone would like to read them. Basically the first start around 1957 for robbery, he was acquitted later but that’s another story! 1958 was hurt in a fight, next month “accidental” shoots himself in the leg, a women was involved/there. 1959 was charged with 4 others with transporting women for “immoral purposes”. 1963 armed robbery and burglary.

I think he might have got in the wrong crowd and was murdered or possibly he took a new identity in Alaska.

ETA, He was convicted on the prostitution charge, his ex wife testified as well. Strangely he is also now connected to knowing the “strawberry killer” in Cincinnati. Off the look that up now!

BBM. Interesting... Could he have taken the on the alias name Paul Raymond Harrod and returned to the Midwest? IN - IN - Paul Raymond Harrod, adult, may have been using false identity, Hamilton County, 27 Nov 1992

Mitchell Joseph Teevan​

teevan_mitchell.jpg

Teevan in 1966 (several years prior to his disappearance; more recent photos are unavailable)
  • Missing Since 01/01/1973
  • Missing From Nome, Alaska
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age 37 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8 - 6'0, 165 - 195 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, hazel eyes. Teevan may have a gunshot wound scar on his right hip.

Details of Disappearance​

Teevan moved to Nome, Alaska in approximately 1965, and may have also lived in the Fairbanks area after his arrival in Alaska. Over the next several years he regularly sent letters to his family, but the letters stopped coming around 1973 and his family never heard from him again.

The exact date of his disappearance is unclear; very few details are available in his case.

Last updated August 4, 2024; casefile added.​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85
Back