Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like arraignment set for 3pm!

Full docket text for document 7:
JDR ORDER: as to Israel Keyes re [6] Indictment, Arraignment set for 3/27/2012 at 03:00 PM in Anchorage Courtroom 4 before John D. Roberts. cc: USM, USPO and FPD (CJA Clerk). (CLW, COURT STAFF)

Won't they set bond at this hearing? So basically, with no other charges being filed Keyes could be out by tonight.

My friend and I have been discussing this case, she is not a member here but she did come up with an interesting idea. She has given me permission to copy it:

I am wondering if she got away and is under protection so they can catch all involved I have read all the stories and it seems unusual very unusual if she was undercover for police some one could of leaked it and yes she could of gotten kidnapped and got away and police holding back most info not to alert anyone so they can still arrest the people involved in the other situations this could be why mum and dad not opening up to anyone this is only my speculation though

Food for thought ... totally possible and from what I have seen of APD - kinda likely.

he can be held without bond.

I know they can deem him a flight risk and IMO the prosecutors will likely go for no bond. However, in reality he stole a couple thousand dollars. That's all they have against him at this point. It will be interesting to see which way the judge rules.

I know they can deem him a flight risk and IMO the prosecutors will likely go for no bond. However, in reality he stole a couple thousand dollars. That's all they have against him at this point. It will be interesting to see which way the judge rules.

The stealing is all we have on him, in that sealed envelope you can be sure there is a lot more. Not only a flight risk, imagine if they let him walk? He wouldn't make it home.

The case is federal, it is easy to get a post no bond. They work differently. I have seen people in our county jail on federal arrests and military and they will sit there with a DUI and no bond for weeks, until they are transferred.

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/27/2393706/man-linked-to-disappearance-of.html

At his 3 p.m. arraignment today, Keyes will be asked if he needs a public defender appointed. He'll also be asked to enter a plea to the charge of access device fraud, and a judge will likely set bail.
Does that mean he'll be out if he can post it??

Yes, if bail is set and someone pays the bail he will be released. There is the possibility that he will have a 3rd party responsible for him, and he will most likely be restricted to the state and/or city.

MOO, I am not a lawyer, just have seen cases where all of these things happened.

The stealing is all we have on him, in that sealed envelope you can be sure there is a lot more. Not only a flight risk, imagine if they let him walk? He wouldn't make it home.

The case is federal, it is easy to get a post no bond. They work differently. I have seen people in our county jail on federal arrests and military and they will sit there with a DUI and no bond for weeks, until they are transferred.

I hope that's the case. We should know shortly.

"A Texas highway patrol officer stopped Keyes in Lufkin, Texas, on March 13. According to an FBI agent's affidavit, Keyes had a bank card reported to have been stolen in Anchorage on Feb. 2, hours after Koenig vanished, though it's unclear when the theft was reported.

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2012/03/27/2393706/man-linked-to-disappearance-of.html#storylink=cpy

More at link.

This is what I've been thinking. Person A only says it was stolen when asked by LE why Keyes is using his card in Texas. "oh yea, it's a card I hardly use and didn't realize it was stolen when someone broke into my car last month" duh. I bet it's a card used for drug running or similar. My scenario only.

MOO

One hour till arraignment. I'm curious if he'll make bond.

Feel free to shoot some holes in this unlikely theory. Just trying to think outside the box. A total theory from me only.

What if person "A" was a suspect in SK's disappearance? Not directly, but maybe A belonged to some sort of crime syndicate (I will use ring for lack of a better term) that dabbles in drugs, stolen cards, etc. LE hears a rumor that the ring has something to do with SK's kidnapping. They have nothing to go on- it's a rumor. LE knows that the ring sometimes uses obscure methods for paying people in their ring. They're quietly following person A (along with many others). All of a sudden, Person A reports card stolen (to double dip) or they check up and see A's card being used suspiciously and it sets off figurative alarm bells. LE threatens A to keep card open so they can follow IK, thinking that IK might have done a "favor" for A or someone in the ring- that favor having something to do with SK.

I read up on skimming and on "rings" in general and it is sometimes a very complicated web of payoffs. Like person "B" is a pimp and gets guns from "C" who gets them in turn from "D" who got them in exchange for drugs that they originally got from "E", who also has a card skimming scheme.
Anyway, IK can be multiple players down the line from the people who were in involved in SK's kidnapping.

Press conference started but no sound on the live feed. Anyone else having luck?

I am gettin "Off Air" right now.....I know that a couple of times when I refreshed it gave me video for the last press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran