AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, if this man was going to work every day while his daughter was missing there would be just as big an uproar. As you said the money was given freely, whenever we donate to any charity we rarely find out where the money went (well I do because I was angry at a huge charity i believed in lol but that is another story)

True. JK can't win for losing. I do not know the man, but I do know his child went poof. I never, ever want to walk in his shoes. Night now.:seeya:

Let me start over with this MSM report
http://alaskapride.blogspot.com/2012/03/israel-keyes-arrested-in-lufkin-texas.html
According to the original KTRE Channel 9 story, a trooper monitoring traffic along Highway 59 south of Lufkin pulled Keyes over on March 13th after a traffic violation. Once Keyes was detained in the parking lot of the Cotton Patch Restaurant, the trooper discovered that he was a suspect in the kidnapping of Samantha Koenig. The FBI, Texas Rangers and DPS were called in as backup. After searching Keyes' vehicle, investigators found enough evidence to arrest him for suspected kidnapping; he was also searched and then taken into custody for questioning.

In order to search Keyes vehicle, Keyes either gave permission (was stated he was belligerent/non cooperative ... paraphrasing ) or a warrant was obtained/issued. Cannot just willy nilly search a vehicle after a "routine" traffic stop.

Thank you. I thought the search of the car would have come after the card that had been used fraudulently was found.

thanks for going to so much trouble - very much appreciated.

Doesn't seem that way. I had to "remind" peeps about adding a link to MSM twitter earlier to avoid TOS problems. Several posts were moderated for name calling of JK and quoting the same moderated post. HTH. :seeya: Night now.

As I said, you are most helpful. Night.

I don't know if anyone else picked it up today, but it was said in one of the articles that IK's voice quivered as he spoke in court today. Sounds like he's scared sh@%less. I hope they rattle the heck out of him. I wonder what his 10 year old daughter thinks of him now. I feel sorry for that littleone. Its time he does right and tells them where Samatha is.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/israel-key...harge-in-federal-court-032712,0,6599566.story

BBM
Respectfully, we don't know that he knows where Samantha is. If he knows, yes, I hope he tells LE. But I think there is a good possibility that he could be involved in the kidnapping, but not know where she is. He has been named a POI in the case, not a suspect, according to the most recent LE statements.

Keyes is not a suspect in Koenig's abduction, but a person of interest

snipped from:
http://www.ktva.com/news/samantha-koenig-abduction/Person-of-Interest-in-Koenig-Abduction-Back-in-Anchorage-144396285.html

MOO

Had Keyes's attorney sought bail for his client, new details would have been released about the case. To make sure Keyes stays put and isn't released, prosecutors were prepared to let an investigator take the witness stand and demonstrate why Keyes is a both a flight risk and a danger to the community. But because Keyes's newly appointed defense attorney didn't immediately take up that fight, there was no need for prosecutors to show their hand -- yet.

"We don't have all the details yet," Loeffler said. "And what we don't have is Ms. Koenig."

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/police-chief-keyes-involved-samantha-koenig-kidnapping

Samantha's dad is a victim here per WS TOS. He's not a POI and there you go. IF anyone donates to ANY fund ... then you lose the power to control your $ since you willing gave it over. IF someone wants a "say so" over the $ they donate, then don't donate. JMO and FWIW.

There has been no MSM reports of Samantha's dad doing anything wrong/illegal/unsavory. Everything is coming from "comments" under articles, twitter or FB which are all RUMORS per TOS here at WS. HTH.

NOT a moderator. PM one for clarification.

I mean no disrespect but this post is not accurate. There have been mainstream news reports of Sam's dad using the reward money for personal expenses. Mr. Koenig said himself that he had used the money to "keep up the home".

It is a "reward" fund, not a "James Koenig does whatever he wants with it" fund. I am sure that the vast majority of people who contributed did so thinking that all of their money would go to a reward for Sam's return and only a reward for Sam's return.

Now I don't think I am bashing James Koenig here. I am merely repeating what he himself said about spending the reward money.

In order to search Keyes vehicle, Keyes either gave permission (was stated he was belligerent/non cooperative ... paraphrasing ) or a warrant was obtained/issued. Cannot just willy nilly search a vehicle after a "routine" traffic stop.

This is not entirely accurate. Police can search a vehicle without a warrant or permission in a number of circumstances. Vehicles are treated different than homes. For example they can search if the have reason to believe that evidence of the crime for which they are arresting the person will be found in the car, or if they have reason to believe a weapon is in the car and need to secure it to protect themselves and/or bystanders.

I hope I don't end up regretting this :sigh:, but... since the case (hopefully) is moving forward, and because news sometimes travels faster via FB than the media these days, we're going to allow linking to the "official" missing FB page again, http://www.facebook.com/FindSamanthaKoenig.

This is not a license to start in on JK. I think we can all agree that he's been through hell, so let's cut him some slack and not judge his demeanor.

Regardless of what your opinion might be, please respect your fellow members who want to focus on the case itself, and who would rather not be forced to skim through post after post of personal comments about "the players".

As always, rumors and innuendo will not be tolerated. We can link to the page, but do not copy and paste posts.

There's been some great sleuthing going on here lately. Let's keep it up and maintain a focus on finding Samantha. :tyou:

ETA: So there is no misunderstanding, though they might hold some value, FB posts are not a substitute for MSM.

Question: Since it's now a fact that the little girl seen at the residence is IK's daughter, is KA her mother? I ask bc that would suggest KA & IK have been together for a long time, enough for common law to factor in if they weren't married the standard way. Does AK recognize common law marriages? If so, then would IK be telling the truth that he has no assets, bc KA owns the home they live in - so if they are technically married by common law then part of the house is his SS well, even if his name isn't on the docs...

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/coreyallenyoung/status/184785106798510080

coreyallenyoung
@coreyallenyoung
#ktva Keyes says he has a 10 year old daughter he lives with
7:32pm - 27 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone

Question: Since it's now a fact that the little girl seen at the residence is IK's daughter, is KA her mother? I ask bc that would suggest KA & IK have been together for a long time, enough for common law to factor in if they weren't married the standard way. Does AK recognize common law marriages? If so, then would IK be telling the truth that he has no assets, bc KA owns the home they live in - so if they are technically married by common law then part of the house is his SS well, even if his name isn't on the docs...

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/coreyallenyoung/status/184785106798510080

coreyallenyoung
@coreyallenyoung
#ktva Keyes says he has a 10 year old daughter he lives with
7:32pm - 27 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone

http://courts.alaska.gov/property.htm#4h

Does common law marriage exist in Alaska?

No. Many people believe that if you are in a relationship with a person for a long time, you’re automatically married – that you have what is called a common law marriage with the same rights and responsibilities of a couple who has been legally married. This is not true in Alaska because common law marriage is not recognized here.

Question: Since it's now a fact that the little girl seen at the residence is IK's daughter, is KA her mother? I ask bc that would suggest KA & IK have been together for a long time, enough for common law to factor in if they weren't married the standard way. Does AK recognize common law marriages?

Well, I think he's only been in Alaska since 2005 (is that right??) so I guess I assumed the girl was KA's and they'd only been together a few years.
Alaska doesn't recognize common law marriage, in any event..

Sick all day & night, so please forgive me as I'm trying to catch up...missed alot. My mind maybe isn't all there right now at 2:27 am...

I thought I read somewhere that IK informed the judge that he owns undeveloped property. I'll have to go through the past 24 hours to see if it's here or bot. AnywY, it just bothers ms that he said he doesn't have any assets. The land ge owns has to be worth something. Does anybody remember the mention of undeveloped property/properties I wonder where the land is located...

Sick all day & night, so please forgive me as I'm trying to catch up...missed alot. My mind maybe isn't all there right now at 2:27 am...

I thought I read somewhere that IK informed the judge that he owns undeveloped property. I'll have to go through the past 24 hours to see if it's here or bot. AnywY, it just bothers ms that he said he doesn't have any assets. The land ge owns has to be worth something. Does anybody remember the mention of undeveloped property/properties I wonder where the land is located...

The only thing I have seen regarding undeveloped property owned by him is in Constable, NY about 10 acres....someone found it and linked to the doc.'s in an earlier post.

Where was/is his 10 y/o daughter now? Was she left behind when he went to TX? Did he drop her off somewhere? Did he take her with him?

Pink backpack. When his rental car was searched, there was a pink backpack.

Well, I think he's only been in Alaska since 2005 (is that right??) so I guess I assumed the girl was KA's and they'd only been together a few years.
Alaska doesn't recognize common law marriage, in any event..

He went to Alaska in 2007 according to his website, to start his business. I am sure I saw that KA was in Neah Bay, Washington with him though, maybe through a intellius site or the likes. He worked there from 2001 - I have thought they were together for a while I guess.

He went to Alaska in 2007 according to his website, to start his business. I am sure I saw that KA was in Neah Bay, Washington with him though, maybe through a intellius site or the likes. He worked there from 2001 - I have thought they were together for a while I guess.

Thanks.. I was never really clear on the specifics of their relationship, I guess. Not sure what I read that made me think she'd been in AK before him, but thanks for setting me straight :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran