AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I couldn't find anywhere that she said he left the state on Feb 2nd. She said she knew his whereabouts from Feb 2nd up until he left for Texas in March and that he went on vacation for 2 weeks starting on Feb 2nd. She did not say where he went on vacation.

To be fair, if a person went on a two week vacation in February it's very likely that he would leave Alaska. There isn't really anywhere desirable to vacation here in February. I guess you could go on a ski vacation but the most likely destination is Girdwood, which is only about forty minutes south of Anchorage.

That said, the "vacation" could well be a cover story. IK just told a federal judge he didn't have any money and was so far behind on all of his bills that even if he sold everything he owned he would still be in debt. Why would a guy in that kind of financial situation take a vacation?

Plus the whole vacation thing came from an anonymous poster on the internet. Who knows if they were even telling the truth.

Well if he truly did go on vacation on Feb 2 I sure would like to know where he went!

All this talk about credit/debit card scams and I log into my bank account online tonight and someone got ahold of my debit card info and charged $1100.00 to my account at Walmart.com. I am NOT happy. No they do not have my card. I have it. And the best part...the bank says it will take about a week to credit my account because they have to wait for the charges to go through then it will take another couple of days to credit my account!

Are you kidding Psychic Sleuth? You mean this just happened?
Omg! And you've got your debit card its not been stolen yet someone obviously has all the info they need to purchase $1100 from Walmart on your debit card.. are you serious?

I am dead serious and not happy! Yes I have my card. I don't know how they got the info. I just got off the phone with the bank. The charges were made today.

Couple quick points about the RUMOR regarding the house/dog sitter that's mom commented that her daughter watched the house or the dogs for IK when he left for WHEREVER on 2/2/12 ..

Would not obviously this mean that his SO, KA have gone with him on the trip otherwise if she had not gone and instead been at home there would have been no need for a house/dog sitter, right?

That's certainly how I see it. .

Of course I am not claiming anything as fact and have been clear to state where this info being discussed originated ..just some thoughts ..

That's such a crazy coinkydink with ushaving so heavily discussed all the access device fraud..
Day-um! Goes to show this chit is happening way too much.. so frequently and to so very many! It really is effing angering!! !!!!!!!

Comments below the article from supossed house sitter/ dog watcher that the family left town on feb 2nd. Family went on vacation.

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-x...rested-for-Access-Device-Fraud-143020575.html

Nowhere in that comment do I see the word "Vacation". Maybe I am missing it. I do see the person use the words out of town for 2 weeks starting 2/2. I am only pointing this out because to this Alaskan "out of town" and "Vacation" can carry two completely different meanings. IMO When I would describe someone as being out of town, it would mean they are more than an hour drive from Anchorage and not inside any other city limits. They may have been in a city and the person commenting chose to leave that out. Later in the comment they also state that they know his timeline from 2/2 until the Texas wedding adding that he knows that he had not fled the state. No maybe not, but it kinda looks like he fled the city.

Only my opinions

Yes the person's comment is a bit confusing. He didn't flee the state but he was out of town? I guess that's why I was questioning whether he was out of town in a different state or out of the town of Anchorage.

One would assume the SO and child went with but its possilbe they went to different places and were not together too.

If he was out of town and not out of the state there are places he could be. If say someone had family in AK but not in Anchorage, and they were visiting them or there to help with someone that would be out of town but not on vacation. Many places are far enough away that you would stay nights instead of going home.

This is not intended to be JK bashing AT ALL, but since the FB page isn't off limits anymore I have to ask this question. There is a heated discussion regarding the reward fund happening right now, and this has never sat right with me. I have never heard of a reward fund being handled this way, and it just seems like the handling, or lack thereof, makes the whole situation hinky.

What has the experience been of some of you veteran sleuthers? I read other threads, but this is the only one I feel qualified to post on.

IMO fled and didn't flee would mean that the plan to leave had been for a while. As in scheduled with a dog sitter for a month or so.
Fled would be he called someone that night and paid cash for a ticket out at the counter

Maybe it was all preplanned. Idk.

As far as him being broke and still going on vacation or leaving, ever hear of a cc??? Ak has one of the highest per person amounts of cc debt. And people with little money continue to make poor financialdecisions, like charging a vacation they can't afford

If I was going somewhere in feb it would be somewhere sunny. Not somewhere darker and colder.

Nowhere in that comment do I see the word "Vacation". Maybe I am missing it. I do see the person use the words out of town for 2 weeks starting 2/2. I am only pointing this out because to this Alaskan "out of town" and "Vacation" can carry two completely different meanings. IMO When I would describe someone as being out of town, it would mean they are more than an hour drive from Anchorage and not inside any other city limits. They may have been in a city and the person commenting chose to leave that out. Later in the comment they also state that they know his timeline from 2/2 until the Texas wedding adding that he knows that he had not fled the state. No maybe not, but it kinda looks like he fled the city.

Only my opinions

Good points DadinAK. Keyes, his partner and child leave Anchorage and need a dog sitter for two weeks. If you were taking a similar trip, where might you travel? I hear Alaska Airlines has great deals to Hawaii this time of year. Perhaps his partner foot the bill.

Or maybe they stayed in the general area.

Can you tell us more about the Matanuska-Susitna (Mat-Su) area? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matanuska-Susitna_Valley

I'm curious about the drug culture there. I've watched on TV about the marijuana cash crop that appears to thrive there. Specifically Mat-Su Thunder F*ck. Could Keyes have been involved in moving dope? Is that why he's always on the move?

Probably you don't know of any of this, but anything you could share would be most helpful. And any other locals who might have an opinion are welcome to join in.

TIA

Good points DadinAK. Keyes, his partner and child leave Anchorage and need a dog sitter for two weeks. If you were taking a similar trip, where might you travel? I hear Alaska Airlines has great deals to Hawaii this time of year. Perhaps his partner foot the bill.

Can you tell us more about the Matanuska-Susitna (Mat-Su) area? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matanuska-Susitna_Valley

I'm curious about the drug culture there. I've watched on TV about the marijuana cash crop that appears to thrive there. Specifically Mat-Su Thunder F*ck. Could Keyes have been involved in moving dope? Is that why he's always on the move?

Probably you don't know of any of this, but anything you could share would be most helpful. And any other locals who might have an opinion are welcome to join in.

TIA

Honestly, if I were taking a trip for two weeks it would most likely be to see family. That might be biased because I have kids and it is so expensive for the whole family to go anywhere we usually go to see family. If we had family elsewhere in Alaska I could see us visiting them for two weeks, even in the winter. Once you live here snow is snow lol. We take long weekend trips to Seward and Homer even in the winter. You may be able to find good airfare deals to Hawaii ($500 or so per ticket) but remember, once you get there you have hotel, food, transportation costs. I can't imagine what a two week trip to Hawaii would cost, even if airfare was only $1,500.

IMO, unless the trip truly was a vacation, and this would mean pulling a child out of school for two weeks, not unheard of but Anchorage Schools only allow 15 absences per semester, and that would eat up 10 right there, this was a trip to see family. In state or out of state.

The Mat Su area is more like a suburb of Anchorage, for lack of a better word. It is about a 40 minute drive, and many people live there and commute to Anchorage for work or school. There is a somewhat bigger drug culture out there mainly because it is sort of the boonies. There is a lot of farmland and more of a relaxed culture. It definitely isn't city life, if you could even call Anchorage that lol.

Hope this helps :)

My thoughts and opinions only...

TIA

Thank you for posing your questions the way that you did....I can answer those indirectly without guilt of inducing speculation. Let me try to answer them in order....

If I were taking a trip within Alaska and I could not take my dogs...it would have to be because I am going to the house of a person who does not like dogs or they are allergic to them. If I had "small" dogs, I also would not take them to a cabin with the snowfall we had this year. I, personally might take a trip this time of the year to go snowmachining or fishing or just to get away from the "city crap". But, Ryanesmom brought up good points about visiting family a long drive away...etc.

Ak Airlines almost always has "good deals" to Hawaii.....and with "airline miles" you can really lower the cost significantly.

As far as the Marijuana questions go....I can give my opinion....and "it" is a rather "educated" opinion for me....Most of the marijuana sold here is also grown here...and if you "burn" someone in this area...it is most likely that no-one will cause or inflict life threatening harm to you....but word would be out and they would never deal with you again. Any other "drugs" I think would be similar to how it is dealt with "elsewhere". If he was moving "pot" it is somewhat "relaxed" here on how to deal with people that inhibit the delivery of "pot". Usually, there is only about 3 rings(max) from the grower to the guy picking up a "bag" for you. If this is drug related, my guess is that it would be cocaine or heroin. I only say that because if this whole incindent stemmed from drugsl, I highly doubt it is "pot".

These are only my opinions and theories based on "my life" experiences, with a little 'critical thinking' added.

TIA
From two rather recent disturbing experiences in mat-su, I would say meth is thriving there... Two separate sellers on separate dates on CL ... (chimney and a really cheap car... Should have known better- lol). Both twitching and amped - so desperate to sell they were willing to reduce to 1/4th their asking price when we wanted to get as far away as quickly as possible. V. Disturbing. Pot is everywhere up here. Have recently heard heroin is becoming more of a problem... There are some sketchy areas in mat-su - usually rather easily discerned...

If he was out of town and not out of the state there are places he could be. If say someone had family in AK but not in Anchorage, and they were visiting them or there to help with someone that would be out of town but not on vacation. Many places are far enough away that you would stay nights instead of going home.

Not two weeks though. Not typically anyway. This guy led a bit of a different lifestyle so maybe he would go visit family for a couple of weeks. But most of us wouldn't, and definitely not in Alaska in February. If you are going to spend money and take vacation time (or lose work time in his case) you want to go somewhere warm and sunny.

I see that some AK posters disagree on this but I can tell you that the vast majority of AK residents I know want to be anywhere BUT Alaska come February. The winters are long and dark and come February just about everybody is ready for a break.

From two rather recent disturbing experiences in mat-su, I would say meth is thriving there... Two separate sellers on separate dates on CL ... (chimney and a really cheap car... Should have known better- lol). Both twitching and amped - so desperate to sell they were willing to reduce to 1/4th their asking price when we wanted to get as far away as quickly as possible. V. Disturbing. Pot is everywhere up here. Have recently heard heroin is becoming more of a problem... There are some sketchy areas in mat-su - usually rather easily discerned...

You are correct, I forgot about the meth increase....I may have put that to the side because of the fact that it is usually manufactured locally as well...However, that does not mean that those involved in meth are any less "shady" than those involved with coke or heroin....for "they" are a much shadier group(than "pot-heads") similar to those involved with the "harder" manufactured drugs. I also agree that there are areas in the "valley" Mat-su area that are very well identified with more "hardcore manufactured" drugs.....

I've been gone all day, just catching up. Check out this doc, its hard to read but I believe it says he had a hand gun, plus past use of something, marijuana? and alcohol to excess.

Attachments

• doc 11 order of detention.pdf
    77.1 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics