AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
James Koenig - if you happen to read here, please be careful using a free email account (such as yahoo) with paypal bc it's easily hackable and therefore not as secure as a paid mail account with good security. Some free sites are fine but others are unsafe when dealing with currency & credit.

Another description from the Please find samantha Koenig <3 page:
(This was set up by a very close friend)

https://www.

Quote:
Samantha was last seen wearing:
A GREEN JERSY (number unknown)
BLACK LEGGINGS
LONG FURRY BOOTS
A BROWN FURRY JACKET.

Remember, just so this thread doesn't get shut down & to prevent added work for the mods, please don't post Facebook links and comments, only exceptions are the victim, the victim's Missing / Help pages, and the officially named suspects... Which in this case a suspect hasn't been named.

Only a friendly reminder, pls no hard feelings... Out for the day but will check in later. Good luck searching everyone. Please keep the faith. Lots of prayers & well wishes to Sam's family & friends, especially her parents. Godspeed on her safe return.

Lots of kids throw 'gang signs' without being in gangs. It is often just a Hip-Hop type thing to do, and not at all signifying a gang initiation thing.

Lots of kids throw 'gang signs' without being in gangs. It is often just a Hip-Hop type thing to do, and not at all signifying a gang initiation thing.

Completely agree. There nothing even remotely showing up that looks like she was in a gang at all. Lots of kids do these signs, doesn't even matter where they live or the amount of money they have - it's widespread & they think it's funny and/or cool.

I'm confused why you said "initiation" though. Were you referring to my statement about initiation? If so I just want to explain what I meant by that. There are gangs out there that have an initiation process that one would have to complete & pass in order to be accepted. Such an initiation could include robbery and abduction culminating in rape. It's sick but there are gangs out there that have a prospect go out & achieve what is expected then bring the female back for the others. It's sick, demented, disgusting...but real. That's very scary. Anchorage has just as many gangs as any other city. None of this means a gang is involved but it can't be ruled out yet either. Just wanted to explain where I was coming from when I was wondering if her kidnapping could be related to an initiation. Again, alot alot alot of coffee huts have been robbed over the past few years so why wasn't Sam just robbed instead of being robbed AND abducted? That's the question at the back of my mind.

The fact that le keeps saying "man" makes me wonder about his age, which leads me away from the gang concept. Why aren't they saying "male" instead? Could age be a factor? Was any facial hair shown? Dark hair, light or gray hair?

James Koenig - if you happen to read here, please be careful using a free email account (such as yahoo) with paypal bc it's easily hackable and therefore not as secure as a paid mail account with good security. Some free sites are fine but others are unsafe when dealing with currency & credit.

Most reward funds are set up as a trust and handled by the bank. There is legal paperwork that needs to be prepared stating how the funds in the trust will be paid out if the victim is found and what the funds will be used for if not after a certain amount of time. Some trust will be set up where the funds are returned if not used or maybe donated to a charity. All this should be in place before someone requests donations for a reward fund.

I would be real leery of sending money to a personal Paypal account.

JMO

Completely agree. There nothing even remotely showing up that looks like she was in a gang at all. Lots of kids do these signs, doesn't even matter where they live or the amount of money they have - it's widespread & they think it's funny and/or cool.

I'm confused why you said "initiation" though. Were you referring to my statement about initiation? If so I just want to explain what I meant by that. There are gangs out there that have an initiation process that one would have to complete & pass in order to be accepted. Such an initiation could include robbery and abduction culminating in rape. It's sick but there are gangs out there that have a prospect go out & achieve what is expected then bring the female back for the others. It's sick, demented, disgusting...but real. That's very scary. Anchorage has just as many gangs as any other city. None of this means a gang is involved but it can't be ruled out yet either. Just wanted to explain here I was coming from when I was wondering if her kidnapping could be related to an initiation. Again, alot alot alot of coffee huts have been robbed over the past few years so why wasn't Sam just robbed instead of being robbed AND abducted? That's the question at the back of my mind.

The fact that le keeps saying "man" makes me wonder about his age, which leads me away from the gang concept. Why aren't they saying "male" instead? Could age be a factor? Was any facial hair shown? Dark hair, light or gray hair?

I don't think she was in a gang either, nor her dad for that matter. I feel ya with the initiation angle. I also think it's possible that without being involved herself in any way, shape or form, that someone she knows could be involved with a gang....not like a close friend, but more of an acquaintence of some kind, on the outskirts of her life. Unfortunately, alot of times young people her age can have dangerous types on their outskirts because they do not tend to have their circles as tight as maybe they should be, unfortunately. For example, my 17 yo nephew thinks himself a juggalo :notgood: , and is constantly accepting friend requests on his fb page from out of state 30-something year olds wanting him to come to juggalo gatherings and whatnot, to which he tells them that when he turns 18, he'll meet up with them. My husband and I have tried to explain to him why that is "hinky" at best, dangerous at worst, but to no avail.....he just doesn't see the possible danger in anything or anyone at this age.

z560, if there's something that was found that suggests this guy isn't forthright or has connections with gangs or organized crime, I haven't found it. I've searched just to be thorough and I've found nothing at all that suggests he's a really bad guy. The stuff on the court docs stem from money issues & creditors. There's 2 people with his name in Anchorage so the birthrates have to match up to be sure it's him.

Thanks for the post. I'm not really sure what to think. You have some good I don't really believe that the father is somehow involved (I actually agree with your theory that it may be gang-related) or that anything nefarious is going on with the reward money, but it's odd that he would tell the paper that the reward isn't going to do anything while still soliciting for more donations.

Perhaps there is an easy explanation. Maybe the donations are not so much for a reward at this point as they are to cover the cost of printing posters, running advertisements, hiring PIs, etc.?

Or maybe his remark to the paper that he didn't think the reward would help was made in a moment of weakness and he has since decided to keep building the reward amount in the hopes that it does eventually cause someone to come forward.

hi jerseygirl,
regarding the vo-tech program, in nys we had something similar called BOCES. i dont remember what the abreviation stood for. in my hs, that was where the incorrigable kids were placed. maybe 10% actually wanted to learn a trade, the rest just signed up because they got a half-day and could smoke pot on the bus. (this isnt a judgement on sk, im just trying to give a little background)

Does this mean that APD thinks there might be someone out there targeting these baristas? Or is this just a good time to do something that they've been wanting to do anyway?

IMO, PR move on their part to quell the tide of public fear.

Thanks Miziree! Do kids use this sign often or do they have to be involved in gangs?

A lot of kids throw signs, does not necessarily mean they are a gang member.

Sixteen days ...

No new developments or disclosures. Sad when you resort to look at court records and facebook accounts.

hi jerseygirl,
regarding the vo-tech program, in nys we had something similar called BOCES. i dont remember what the abreviation stood for. in my hs, that was where the incorrigable kids were placed. maybe 10% actually wanted to learn a trade, the rest just signed up because they got a half-day and could smoke pot on the bus. (this isnt a judgement on sk, im just trying to give a little background)

I grew up in NYS as well...remember BOCES the same way you do...I think it has some PC name now...OT and lol...

I grew up in NYS as well...remember BOCES the same way you do...I think it has some PC name now...OT and lol...

37 Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES) in New York State. It's not just for bad or unruly kids. My son chose to go to BOCES to learn auto body repair.

My son was a straight A student and when he graduated with many college credits.
He was managing an auto body shop in a large Ford dealership when he was 18 years old. lol So, it's not Just for baddies.

:rocker::seeya:

The only thing they don't tell us is who did it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uHcwdKQg9E"]Samantha Koenig: missing barista abducted from coffee stand - YouTube[/ame]

With each trauma, many ripples: Anchorage baristas should be aware of the effects of PTSD

http://www.anchoragepress.com/news/...cle_8df9605e-59c8-11e1-8ef6-0019bb2963f4.html
At this point I'm wondering if LE has any viable leads, any idea who actually took Samantha. Hope I am dreadfully wrong when I say, I think they still don't know squat.

I saw some posts on the FB Missing page Sam's Dad owns, in regards to another FB Missing page. Complaints actually and a few nasty remarks.

The other page was up within two days of Sam going missing and I think Cynthia Caron-LostnMissing started it. If so, she has a lot of experience with missing persons cases and starts pages in order to quickly spread the word. I would hate to think people were complaining, she and her organization do so much for the families of the missing. She's also a member here at WS
icon7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member