AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough that it isn't uncommon as many areas are only reachable by plane so it's a staple of Alaskan transportation.

Thank you! That's what I thought. I haven't seen anything in the online papers or news where APD checked personal crafts from the 2nd on. I wonder if they did...

Thank you! That's what I thought. I haven't seen anything in the online papers or news where APD checked personal crafts from the 2nd on. I wonder if they did...

Not sure. I imagine they are severely hampered by distances, lack of manpower etc even moreso than a department in a city of similar size in the lower 48 might be.

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-x...-Workplace-Safety-139923973.html?m=y&smobile=

Snipped:
“In a robbery situation they usually don’t want anything to do with the individual,“ said Public Safety Officer Anita Shell. “They want the money. So give them the money: Don’t argue with the robber; don’t fight with the robber; give them what they want.”

Snipped:
The reward is currently over $70,000

Not sure. I imagine they are severely hampered by distances, lack of manpower etc even moreso than a department in a city of similar size in the lower 48 might be.

In my endeavors on the net researching, I found it a little odd that the majority of commenters assume Anchorage is a small town. It's huge. There's over 200,000 people that live in Anchorage AK - same amount as compared to Orlando FL. They have the same problems as any other major city. I'm imagining the OPD trying to find a missing person & knowing how hard it would be, then compare them to the APD that would have the same problem except worse bc of the weather & mountains.

In my endeavors on the net researching, I found it a little odd that the majority of commenters assume Anchorage is a small town. It's huge. There's over 200,000 people that live in Anchorage AK - same amount as compared to Orlando FL. They have the same problems as any other major city. I'm imagining the OPD trying to find a missing person & knowing how hard it would be, then compare them to the APD that would have the same problem except worse bc of the weather & mountains.

Not so much that it is a small town as it is unsupported.

Im i understanding this correctly? Dwayne or however you spell it has a new flame? Does anyone have a link... or two... with info on this??? If I'm reading these posts wrong, Pls forgive me.. I'm sleepy and trying to read the thread with my kindle fire.. lol

<modsnip>. Ty!!

Hello everyone, complete newbie here. (This is my very first post!) I've been following this thread and the previous one on Samantha and I live in Anchorage (which actually has almost 300,000 people now). I've looked through the posts and haven't found that anyone has had any luck in figuring out the BF's last name, is that still correct? (I have also thought it was very strange that he only wanted to be referred to by his first name, and have heard things about his behaviors since the abduction). I think I may have figured out his last name, by going through friends of friends of friends on FB and MySpace but I'm a little confused by all the rules on this site and don't want to get myself in trouble.
Anyway, please be patient with me, I'm still learning!

Kinda what I have been thinking.

Could be that there isn't a tape. About the only thing the police have said about the video is that the man was "significantly taller" than the victim. Well she's only 5'5". If you assume it was a man that abducted, then chances are that he's going to be at LEAST four or five inches taller than her. So if the cops are bluffing about the tape, that would be a pretty safe thing to say.

But my personal theory is the cops already know who took her and they have a pretty good idea where she is, but they can't get to her yet without risking her safety. If that were the case then they would have no need to release the tape.

I wonder how common it is for people to have their pilot's license that live in Alaska...

It's not uncommon. In fact, Robert Hansen used a plane to transport and then kill his victims back in the 70s: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Hansen"]Robert Hansen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Hopefully this situation is much different. I tend to think it is.

Ffrom her missing website, words of the admin:

http://helpfindsamanthakoenig.com/Forum/index.php?topic=2.0

Quote:
The Harley purse was a mistake. Please get the word out. It was not with her. She was wearing:
Green Jersey
Black leggings
Black fur-lined boots
Owns a Brown waist-length coat

That could read that her purse was missing from the shack,but it was not the one previously reported (the Harley one) I.e. She was using a different purse that day but they don't know which one.

Omg this is so rdiculous. First her coworker said Sam's stuff was left behin in her cubby. Then the police retracted that statement & said it was an error & that her stuff was actually missing. Now the admin of PHFSM said it was a mistake & that the police DO have Sam's things. It's not like it was civilian error. It was the police themselves that said Sam's belongings were gone. This is frustrating.

Here's the link to the convo where the admin if the official missing site says the police have Sam's stuff, that she DII LEAVE her belongings behind. If that's the case, this changes everything in my mind. A perp wouldn't take Samantha & then harbor her nearby. Wouldn't that be too iffy? What exactly was left behind? What was in Sam's purse?

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Please-...d=341254152585913&id=328733013838027&__user=0

I agree - it makes a big difference, and it changes things for me too! I still find it weird that her leaving al of her things behind coupled with the alarm not being set, her leaving 2 cups of unfinished coffee ofn the counter, and the money being missing should have alerted someone's "hinky" meter"......

ak81:

:wagon:

I asked a MOd if we can have some leeway with the boyfriend, we will have to wait on an answer.

Hello everyone, complete newbie here. (This is my very first post!) I've been following this thread and the previous one on Samantha and I live in Anchorage (which actually has almost 300,000 people now). I've looked through the posts and haven't found that anyone has had any luck in figuring out the BF's last name, is that still correct? (I have also thought it was very strange that he only wanted to be referred to by his first name, and have heard things about his behaviors since the abduction). I think I may have figured out his last name, by going through friends of friends of friends on FB and MySpace but I'm a little confused by all the rules on this site and don't want to get myself in trouble.
Anyway, please be patient with me, I'm still learning!

Hi ak81 :) Welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you with us and we look forward to your input around here!

As far as the boyfriend, he can be discussed as long as he has been mentioned in the main stream media, and can only be discussed in the context of that. As far as FB and other social sites, you can link to as long as it has to do with the case, no copy and paste from them. Social sites can't be linked to if its a friend or friend of friend only if directly tied to this case. Hope this helps and if you have any questions at all you can pm me or any Mod. Thanks and again Welcome!!!

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Ima

Omg this is so rdiculous. First her coworker said Sam's stuff was left behin in her cubby. Then the police retracted that statement & said it was an error & that her stuff was actually missing. Now the admin of PHFSM said it was a mistake & that the police DO have Sam's things. It's not like it was civilian error. It was the police themselves that said Sam's belongings were gone. This is frustrating.

Here's the link to the convo where the admin if the official missing site says the police have Sam's stuff, that she DII LEAVE her belongings behind. If that's the case, this changes everything in my mind. A perp wouldn't take Samantha & then harbor her nearby. Wouldn't that be too iffy? What exactly was left behind? What was in Sam's purse?

http://m.facebook.com/pages/Please-...d=341254152585913&id=328733013838027&__user=0

I see there will be a Samstock Fundraiser on Saturday. This may have been what was hinted about (now I can't remember where).

I wonder how common it is for people to have their pilot's license that live in Alaska...

I know it is not Anchorage, but when DH and I visited Juneau, the tour guide told us there are only 3 ways to enter Juneau:...boat, plane, and birth canal! :seeya:

But this makes me think that maybe pilot's licenses are fairly common.

Well. the admin on her "Find" page has clarified that Sam's belongings, including her phone, WERE left behind at Common Grounds. So there is at least one thing that's cleared up.

If her phone was left behind why didn't anyone answer it when James repeatedly called the phone the next morning before the phone went dead?

It just doesn't make sense that her phone was left behind. A phone ringing over and over in a small hut like that would be annoying. Someone would have found it, answered it, talked to James and realized Sam had not been seen or heard from since the night before.

We know she received a call from James and her BF prior to her shift ending so I don't think the reason no one would have noticed the phone if left behind is because the phone was in silent mode. If the phone was tucked away in her purse or cubby on silent mode than she wouldn't have picked up the phone when James or her BF called prior to the abduction.

I'm sticking with the phone was with her or had been disposed of somewhere and the phone was not left behind in the coffee hut. I don't think the abductor would have made her place the phone in silent mode and place it where ever her other belongings where in the coffee hut. We know the phone had to be on or all the phone calls James described would have gone directly to voice mail. So if the phone was in the coffee hut it should have rang and gained the attention of the workers there in the morning.

JMO

I tend to agree. Young people today are glued to their phones. I don't see how her phone was not on her unless it was on the counter at the time of the abduction and the perp didn't allow her to grab it. That being the case, then we come back to the same question of why on earth did no one think there was something wrong?!

To the person who asked about the most recent photo, I saw posted by her bff that the photo of her in the red/pink colored shirt was the most recent.

I wish someone could clarify the timeline of when she was reported missing. I recall that there was a period of time she was just considered missing, and then they changed it to an abduction. I can no longer find the link to the news report video where the owners of the coffee hut were interviewed. Does anyone have that?

I don't see how they could not have a video at all- but I can see that the perp came inside, perhaps Samantha began to visibly freak out and then perp went straight to cover the camera and perhaps that is the end of the video footage? All just my own thoughts obviously.

No! The person that Sam requested a restraining order from in Nov'11 (approx) but she did not go through with it... THAT person has a new girlfriend...and he was also questioned by police.

Im i understanding this correctly? Dwayne or however you spell it has a new flame? Does anyone have a link... or two... with info on this??? If I'm reading these posts wrong, Pls forgive me.. I'm sleepy and trying to read the thread with my kindle fire.. lol

<modsnip>. Ty!!

um...why am I under the impression, the camera was from the parking lot and not inside the hut---?? ( I could have made it all up in my head...) I for some reason think she voluntarily approached her abductor and its clear she knew them, that why the tape isn't released, and that's why there are no civilian search parties for her--- are we sure the cameras were inside the coffee hut?

I know it is not Anchorage, but when DH and I visited Juneau, the tour guide told us there are only 3 ways to enter Juneau:...boat, plane, and birth canal! :seeya:

But this makes me think that maybe pilot's licenses are fairly common.

Very common in AK. (Hubby's a private pilot.). As for the planes there, many are seaplanes or bush planes (can be landed on any relatively flat land, no runway necessary.)

Private planes are common, too&#8212;Alaska has the highest number of pilots per capita in the country.
link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member