AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks akmama!

Snipped: "APD spokeswoman Marlene Lammers said she spoke with Sgt Slav Markiewicz, head of the homicide detectives, who confirmed that human remains have been found. Lammers did not have any further details.

When asked if the death investigation is related to the search for missing barista, Samantha Koenig, Lammers said "I have no idea at this time". (oh come on! of course you do)

A police car has blocked off access to Eklutna Lake Road...only residents are being allowed into the area."

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-death-investigation-near-eklutna-lake-20120320,0,2008746.story
Sounds about what they said the other night about the big search on Spurr Lane.. which as we know diid in fact end up being about Sam..

An article on KTVA's website said they had been there since 5 this evening.

What are the laws on facebook related posts please? I always get confused.

Can't find the link either

Because the FB rumors got out of hand in this case resulting in a big disturbance on the threads, FB pages are off limits in SK's threads at this time.

Normally only public pages, like media and most "missing" pages, and victims' and suspects' pages can be linked. Copy and paste is never allowed.

http://www.ktva.com/home/top-stories/APD-Investigate-Human-Remains-143606316.html

"Anchorage police crime scene investigators were called to Eklutna Lake at about 5 p.m. Tuesday night after human remains were found."

Hmmmm, so it sounds more like someone found remains instead of a confession about where a body is.

If the remains were found as a result of a confession, I don't think the cops would disclose that. Not yet anyway.

There's a lot of territory to cover back there. The road goes back about ten, twelve miles and there really isn't much until you get to the lake. There aren't many houses (if any) or anything like that. There are some pullouts here and there but that's about it. Of course if you go off the road there is a lot of deep woods in that eleven mile stretch.

Could be that someone on a snowmobile came across the remains. Or perhaps they were located somewhere pretty close to the road or at the lake at the end of the road (there's a trail that goes all the way around the lake, I think it's about a 20 mile loop).

A bit about the recreation area around Eklutna Lake: http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/units/chugach/eklutna.htm

If it were found as a result of a confession, I don't think the cops would disclose that. Not yet anyway.

There's a lot of territory to cover back there. Could be that someone on a snowmachine came across the remains. Or perhaps they were located somewhere pretty close to the road or at the lake at the end of the road (there's a trail that goes all the way around the lake, I think it's about a 20 mile loop).

On KTUU's FB page there is an update from them saying that the remains were found by a snow-shoer...

On KTUU's FB page there is an update from them saying that the remains were found by a snow-shoer...

So that'd probably be off the road somewhere on the way to the lake or on one of the trails around the lake.

So that'd probably be off the road somewhere on the way to the lake or on one of the trails around the lake.

That is what I am thinking......does not give many "clues" regardless right now. We have had a lot of snow and even with the warmer temps we have, I doubt it could be remains from months ago....unless it was on the frontside of a wind driven ridge/rise.....just thinking outloud via fingers.......then....how do you get remains to a place that a sno-shoer found....snowmachine??.............my theroies and opinions only here..

I hide from the gaze of "statistics" as I hold on to hope...here......I hope they have at least talked to JK about this and given him more info.....my heart truly goes out to him right now........

That is what I am thinking......does not give many "clues" regardless right now. We have had a lot of snow and even with the warmer temps we have, I doubt it could be remains from months ago....unless it was on the frontside of a wind driven ridge/rise.....just thinking outloud via fingers.......then....how do you get remains to a place that a sno-shoer found....snowmachine??.............my theroies and opinions only here..

Yes, with the snowfall a body would be covered pretty quick but I'm also guessing that animals would disturb it.

Could be that an animal dug the remains up from the snow.

Could be that an animal dug the remains up from the snow.

True!!...I have personally observed wolves in that area.............oh...please forgive me for what my "Mind's Eye" is imagining right now....I have to stop until we hear more from the "authorities".........

Can anyone share any examples that would explain peoples roles as suspect/ person of interest?

I thought a POI would be someone that they want to get some answers from, but when he was arrested their statements seemed quite certain he was the only one they were looking at. They immediately asked for the public's help with any information about him.

Thoughts? Can someone be a POI being looked at this closely and end up not involved??

Most LE these days hesitate to use the word "suspect" until someone is actually charged with a crime, because some LE have been sued over that in the past. It's safer to say they are a person of interest. And yes, a POI can be found not to be connected to the crime. For that matter, so can a suspect. You are correct that sometimes a POI is just someone who LE believes has information that would be helpful to the case.
In this case, I think LE was following his trail, but he may not be the only one involved. Maybe they're hoping he will lead them to other persons of interest.

How long should we expect it to take for an autopsy today?
They stated that they won't release any more information until it's completed.

http://mobile.ktuu.com/ktuu/db_34649/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=qBmh3nZU&full=true#display

Eklutna Lake is SO amazingly beautiful. There wouldn't be many people around this time of year I'd imagine...I can see someone thinking it would be a good stashing spot.
I've only been in the summer. Have any of you been during the winter? It's a long windy way there- really steep in spots and I can imagine it's pretty messy with all the snow. Do people go up there a lot for snowmachine-ing?
ugh. SO awful. I can't imagine what SK's family is going through with the constant up and down... Waiting for news. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandalynn72