AK AK - Steve "Smiley" Keel, 61, TN Resident, Missing From Hunting Trip, North Slope, Sept 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Tuesday marks two years since a Dover man vanished while his wife said he was on a hunting trip in Alaska.

Steve Keel’s wife, Liz, remains determined to figure out what happened to her husband. Liz said the search they did in June didn’t lead to Steve so they are planning on going back to Alaska in the spring.

SEP 5, 2024
Another search was conducted by volunteers this past summer, which Liz said provided some additional insight. There was no assistance from local authorities in that search.

Liz said she hopes her husband’s disappearance, and the struggle she and other loves ones have faced trying to find him, sheds light on the lack of search-and-rescue resources in the state.

“I understand it’s a very large state, a very vast area, and I know a lot of people go missing,” she said. “I just feel that the state as a whole really needs to look at dedicating more resources to missing people.

“There’s the problem that’s been presented,” she added, “but who’s working on the solution?”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire
Back