Found Deceased AL - Amberly Barnett, 11, Mt. Vernon, DeKalb County, 1 Mar 2019 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are numerous articles on school dress codes which call for rules about skirt length, no crop tops, no tube tops, no spaghetti strings, etc. Such rules often prohibit boys from wearing tank tops. Why? To avoid problems, ensure a safe environment AND to prevent an unhealthy mindset for both males and females... especially at an age where kids just begin to TRY to understand the social implications of their developing bodies.

What about at home? Kids should be safe and be able to dress in whatever they want in the privacy of their own home. Of course! However SM is not private... and the perception of the individual on SM carries over in real life. “Don’t post anything you wouldn’t stand on the street and shout to everyone” is good advice, and it should apply to Instagram and selfies as well.

The problem is that kids are rewarded with “Likes” “Followers” and “Friends” for posting things on SM that should not be posted or that portray them as well beyond their years in suggestive poses.

Should kids be able to “walk down the street naked”? Maybe in an IDEAL world, but it would be very bad judgement in the real world and is most likely illegal.

It is smart for everyone to take precautions: to look around the parking lot before getting out of cars, to hold our valuables closely, to hide valuables when we are at a high risk of crime, to carry protection in case we are threatened. We SHOULD not have to do these things! We SHOULD not have criminals. Unfortunately we DO have criminals.

Children are valuable and often lack the judgement to protect themselves. Every child should be protected by parents or guardians using judgement that favors the side of safety.

(edit: typo)

From above:

“In 2018, his girlfriend accused Madison of assaulting her and threatening to continue to assault her, court documents obtained by Heavy show. She wrote in the application for a protective order that Madison, “threatened to slit her throat.” She also said Madison “punched her” in the face and all over body, “smacked” her head into the floor, dragged her by her hair. She said Madison had “done everything but kill me.” She said Madison, hit her in the head with a hammer, “tried shoving a pencil” in her ear and strangled her “to the point of passing out.” She wrote, “he has done so much and threatened to do more.”“

So, another perp with DV on his record. This is exactly why we speculate and wonder if someone like BG (Abby’s and Libby’s killer) may have DV on his record. In addition to meth, DV is also a common element we see in these perps, moo.

I’ve mentioned a lot on the boards the ID show “Evil Lives Here”, where family members of SKs, etc are interviewed. So often they tell their stories of domestic abuse.

Yet didn't she also fail to appear in court to testify against him, and charges were dropped? If that is true she has only herself to blame if abuse continued. Laws need to change and the female take some accountability for dropped charges IMO.

Christopher Madison: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

The original post, from RD, referred to AB’s mom and Madison as being friends.

From Heavy article: A FB account belonging to Madison and his girlfriend is friends with Amberley’s mother

The article mentions two FB accounts, the joint one, could also have been started by the gf. There is no mention of Madison having his own FB page or of AB’s mom being friends with him.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Just want to point out that everyone on a person's "friend" list may not be friends.. but friend-of-a-friend. Lol.

Sometimes people are just acquaintances . (No one has 154 friends in real life-- it's more like 4 or 5 close people and the rest are people who are connected to others.)

Did Madison have any prior criminal record? Was he employed? Wondering what his friends are saying?
I haven't heard much about this at all and I'm only about 60 miles SW from where this happened. I'm in the largest county in the state and I didn't even hear about this locally. Also we had very deadly tornadoes in the state the day after she was found so that could be why it hasn't been bigger news. Also there was no Amber Alert which means it wasn't well known in the state that she was even missing.

I just think that as long as we enable and coddle adults,, who are entrusted with protecting innocent children, that more and more of this will happen. Adults should be accountable for their behavior and actions. We are not to be passive and helpless. We can do better, we CAN. And we SHOULD

I have no idea what the baseline was. Could be mom was doing far, far better than she ever knew growing up.

I can't judge because I don't know what she had to work with/without. She may not be what you think she should be, but she could be doing her best.

She may very well have struggled mightily to just stay emotionally stable enough herself, to just keep trying. (I don't feel I have the right to judge how she may have needed to cope).

She may not have made "great" choices, but she may not have been able to envision options.

And I can't say know what I would have done in her shoes becaused I have never worn them.
(Thank you God!).

Amberly looked like a happy, sweet little girl. She played around with different looks on Insta, but so what?
Its not like she was doing anything inappropriate. Mom had to be doing somethings right. Imo.

Yet didn't she also fail to appear in court to testify against him, and charges were dropped? If that is true she has only herself to blame if abuse continued. Laws need to change and the female take some accountability for dropped charges IMO.

Abused women and relationships are much more complicated than that. What states need to do is have more resources, they need to investigate and charge even if the woman drops the charges. Some women drop charges because they are trying to not be killed.

Some states require the cops to press charges even if the victim refuses. Also the abuser will eventually get out of jail and if there isn't help for the woman that is a very dangerous time dow the woman that sent him to jail.

Abused women and relationships are much more complicated than that. What states need to do is have more resources, they need to investigate and charge even if the woman drops the charges. Some women drop charges because they are trying to not be killed.

Some states require the cops to press charges even if the victim refuses. Also the abuser will eventually get out of jail and if there isn't help for the woman that is a very dangerous time dow the woman that sent him to jail.

Not according to some studies. I don't want to get in the weeds with this and it hinges on being O/T, so I will leave it alone but this is a good article to read.

Study shows why domestic violence victims drop charges | Reuters

Did he also put up a sign that said NOT ALB’S BODY” in the hope that would further throw off LE? Good God what an idiot. Not even trying to be funny because there’s nothing in this case to laugh about - my head hurts at the idiocy involved here.

In addition to being a heartless monster and waste of human space, he also is literally one of the stupidest criminals in modern history. Can we just strap this guy down and get the needle ready now? It would save everyone involved time.

I’m thinking I could search for eternity and not find a redeeming quality for this miserable .
I know, right? It's amazing to me that so many perps plan out an act but fail to consider what happens next. So they come up with some stoopid idea that they think will dig them out of trouble and it's nearly always so transparent that, well, it's laughable.

I guess we should be grateful for the follies of criminals; otherwise many crimes would go unsolved and we do see that here every day. But man, it's hard to wrap my head around some of the stuff perps think will outsmart LE.

My personal opinion (with no source to quote) is that in some violent crimes, in particular those sexual in nature, the perp is so driven to act that they are incapable of "seeing into the future" to what happens after they satisfy their urge. IOW, they have no insight.

I don't know if that is the case in AB's murder - I guess we'll find out either way eventually - but in any case he sure failed epically in his attempt to lead LE away from the crime scene. And I'm glad. MOO.

My personal opinion (with no source to quote) is that in some violent crimes, in particular those sexual in nature, the perp is so driven to act that they are incapable of "seeing into the future" to what happens after they satisfy their urge. IOW, they have no insight.

I keep wondering what on earth happened in the (relatively) short span of time...
44 minutes or so, if I recall correctly? (I can't think of another case where a child was reported missing so quickly, found quickly, and an arrest came rather fast too come to think of it...)

But what happened? Did he watch them leave for Walmart and bolt right over?
She was supposedly eating her take-out, so I don't think she would have been playing outside...

For some reason I am sensing he snapped in a rage, as opposed to just covering his crime by killing the witness). For those of you who had the misfortune to see the film "*advertiser censored* Out of Carolina" a film so gripping and well done, yet devastatingly sad and unforgettable, there is a scene that portrays exactly what I think might have happened to that poor little girl. And God I hope not. But nothing else fits as well.

Not according to some studies. I don't want to get in the weeds with this and it hinges on being O/T, so I will leave it alone but this is a good article to read.

Study shows why domestic violence victims drop charges | Reuters

That paints a very frightening picture for the victims. And gives us a look at why this monster was allowed to be near these families.

We are witness that he is capable of manipulating his gf into believing that he will change. He violated her in so many ways. He didn't need to threaten any longer. He had shown her his rage. And then he probably swore his love.

We are broadsided with the realization that he is capable of murdering a young, innocent, eleven (11) year old child.

Realistically he should have been in jail. He should not have been in a position to destroy life. To destroy lives.

We really need to wake up to this scourge of DV. We need to provide much more guidance for the victims. We really need to find a way to break these cycles. Their lives, and the lives of children, like AB, depend on our fixing this.

Not the most victim friendly statement I’ve ever heard. I hear you, but I’ve been convinced to drop charges before. And I certainly don’t “blame myself” for the abuse.

—-

ETA:

I really do understand what you mean though.

Last edited:
It isn't easy for a woman with children to press charges, appear in court against the man, pick up your kids and go to a shelter (even if your area has one that isn't already full) and figure out the rest of your life in the short time you can stay at the shelter. If you have no job, no car of your own and a poor support system (family and friends) and no place to go, then it is easy to respond to promises of I didn't mean it, give me another chance or worst of all being so scared that someone might track you down and kill you that you go back to that life.

It isn't easy for a woman with children to press charges, appear in court against the man, pick up your kids and go to a shelter (even if your area has one that isn't already full) and figure out the rest of your life in the short time you can stay at the shelter. If you have no job, no car of your own and a poor support system (family and friends) and no place to go, then it is easy to respond to promises of I didn't mean it, give me another chance or worst of all being so scared that someone might track you down and kill you that you go back to that life.
The problem with domestic violence is that it's something that escalates, and in most cases neither the victim or people around them understands the situation as DV until it has gone on for such a long time that the victim feels "locked in" and perhaps don't see any way out, as their self-worth/self-esteem have been crushed step by step by their partner.
The first stages of DV are perhaps just verbal, or a box on the ear, and if the partner asks for forgivness and promise to never do it again, it's easy to not see it as DV, and that it's time to leave the relationship. When the DV goes on to be so severe asin this case, I can see why she might be so afraid that she can't see a way out anymore.

I work in the health care sector, and all personel had to take a web course about domestic violence arranged by the National Centre at Uppsala University , Start - The National Centre for Knowledge on Men's Violence Against Women (NCK) - Uppsala University, Sweden It was very good and an eye-opener for me about DV. Even if the name is men's violence against women, it's not only about that, it's about all kinds of violence in some kind of a relationship, for example against elderly persons from their carers. On the Swedish version of the site there are short videos about how to talk about and ask about relationship violence with clients/patients.

Last edited:
The problem with domestic violence is that it's something that escalates, and in most cases neither the victim or people around them understands the situation as DV until it has gone on for such a long time that the victim feels "locked in" and perhaps don't see any way out, as their self-worth/self-esteem have been crushed step by step by their partner.
The first stages of DV are perhaps just verbal, or a box on the ear, and if the partner asks for forgivness and promise to never do it again, it's easy to not see it as DV, and that it's time to leave the relationship. When the DV goes on to be so severe asin this case, I can see why she might be so afraid that she can't see a way out anymore.

I work in the health care sector, and all personel had to take a web course about domestic violence arranged by the National Centre at Uppsala University , Start - The National Centre for Knowledge on Men's Violence Against Women (NCK) - Uppsala University, Sweden It was very good and an eye-opener for me about DV. Even if the name is men's violence against women, it's not only about that, it's about all kinds of violence in some kind of a relationship, for example against elderly persons from their carers. On the Swedish version of the site there are short videos about how to talk about and ask about relationship violence with clients/patients.

Your and Rosiebones' description of DV were on the money, incredibly accurate, at least describing my experience with it.

It's bad enough shes being abused, and then shes the one that has to leave. Never have I seen a shelter for "abusers".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1
Back