Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally the police stated he was seen “leaving” in the Lincoln. Not driving in a Lincoln. What if he riding with a male friend. Saw Aniah in the gas station. Waited for her to come and tried to talk to her. Aniah gets in the car and leaves. The two guys follow her and run into her. IY then forces himself into her car and drives off with her. There is a struggle and he shoots her. Takes her body somewhere in Auburn and then drives the car down to Montgomery and has this same friend pick him up. Once the police release the picture of him the friend turns himself in because he doesn’t want to be blamed for her murder and he is the witness who tells the police that he saw IY take AB to try to make a deal for lesser charges.

The words in the Affidavit attached to the Warrant for Yazeed's arrest
(linked below) are so awful to read.

"Blood evidence was discovered in the passenger's compartment of the vehicle that was indicative of someone suffering a life-threatening injury"

Ibraheem Yazeed Probable Cause Affidavit

Omg this breaks my heart. Lord please let her be alive despite this horrible evidence. Praying for Aniah’s family as this type of information is being released.

Right? If I witness someone being forced into a car against his/her will, you wouldn’t need me to come forward...I’d call the police on the spot.

And while on the phone with 911 I would be following that vehicle and giving the cops turn by turn directions of exactly where that car was, regardless of speed or hazards. I’d be on em with my foot to the floor if need be.

Exactly what I would like know. I’m thinking maybe she was forced with a weapon or something into the passenger side of her car upon leaving out of the Chevron since it appears her blood was found on the passenger side of her car. MOO. But at this point and with so many possible variables, there is no way for us to know. Praying that she is still alive though.

Its confusing as they say Yazeed was seen leaving in a silver town car not her car, so if he forced her into her car then got back into his car and left, who got into and then drove her car? there must be 2 perps, who ever got into her car was the one that harmed her.

Last edited:
Aniah Blanchard update: Blood linked by DNA to missing Alabama teen found in victim's car

"Blood "indicative of someone suffering a life-threatening injury" was discovered in the passenger's side of Aniah Blanchard's vehicle, according to a probable cause affidavit filed for the arrest of suspect Ibraheem Yazeed.

Yazeed was allegedly seen by a witness "forcing Blanchard into a vehicle against her will and then leaving with her in the vehicle" from an Auburn convenience station, according to the affidavit."

ughhh.... this is so freaking heartbreaking.

Sadly I just had this conversation with my 14 year old last night. You go with someone you are sure to likely meet demise, better to die trying to get away than to go and die anyway... A good friend and attorney told me that. Sad to have to tell it to my own child though.

I completely agree with you that it is sad to have to tell our children this but it's necessary.

This reminds me of the book "The Gift of Fear", written by Gavin de Becker.

I first learned of this extremely important book on Websleuths a few years ago. This book speaks to the issue you were discussing.

I would recommend giving this book to teenagers and to definitely discuss the contents (listening to your instinct, not leaving the first scene, etc.), age-appropriately with younger children.

There are also many interviews which Mr. de Becker has given over the years and they could also lead into an important discussion with family members about safety.
JMO

ETA: I was fascinated reading this book because I never realized that my "politeness" could have led to me being harmed/killed if I was ever caught in a dangerous situation. This book really opened my eyes!

Last edited:
A witness say's they saw yazeed forcing her into a vehicle at a convenience store ( the chevron?)

But yazeed was also seen leaving the chevron in a silver town car.

This means somebody else got into aniahs car not Yazeed and aniah was harmed inside her car, so this other perp must have been the one who harmed her.

I often wonder the same thing, Are people like this just born evil?. If not and they are born the same as the rest of us then what causes them to commit such evil acts? Why did they end up making such evil choices in life but the rest of us don't?

If Yazeed was adopted and raised by your own family from birth would he have made the same choices? At which point does one apply blame? Its easy to say well he made the choice, nobody forced him and other people have had similar upbringings and it didn't cause them to commit such evil acts, while this is indeed true you still have to wonder again why did this individual make those choices that even in the same circumstances none of us would have done the same?

I agree that we all make our own choices but what makes the choices we make differ from each other? For me kidnapping somebody and or murdering somebody isn't a choice i have to consciously make, i don't have to remind my self not to do it because its wrong, i don't have to fight the urge to do it. i just innately would never even want to do such a thing even if i had immunity to do so.

What if one of us were born as him and we ended up making these choices? is it his fault he was born as him? Why couldn't he be born as one of us and not end up doing such things. Its pretty crazy when you think about it. These situations are just sad all round period.

While I don't think we can ever truly and definitely know the answer to this age old question, research suggests that a combination of both genetics and environment play a role in the formation of a antisocial and pathological mind.

While I don't think we can ever truly and definitely know the answer to this age old question, research suggests that a combination of both genetics and environment play a role in the formation of a antisocial and pathological mind.
I agree- the nature vs. nurture. It’s absolutely both... and probably varies from person to person... so many variables in general.

A witness say's they saw yazeed forcing her into a vehicle at a convenience store ( the chevron?)

But yazeed was also seen leaving the chevron in a silver town car.

This means somebody else got into aniahs car not Yazeed and aniah was harmed inside her car, so this other perp must have been the one who harmed her.
Or as another poster theorized, he came back later to get his car and that’s when he was seen leaving in his car.

The words in the Affidavit attached to the Warrant for Yazeed's arrest
(linked below) are so awful to read.

"Blood evidence was discovered in the passenger's compartment of the vehicle that was indicative of someone suffering a life-threatening injury"

Ibraheem Yazeed Probable Cause Affidavit
This makes me wonder if there’s a bullet hole in that passenger window, and that’s why they never showed the full passenger side of the car, but did show the full drivers side. Or at least a whole lot of blood on that window. This is such awful news.

I'm not so sure she wasn't pushed into her car, pushing her all the way over and then getting in the driver's seat and driving away. A lot of blood was found in her front passenger seat. Perhaps she fought so violently, that he damaged the front end of her vehicle almost wrecking, and that pissed him off so badly that he pulled over and killed her right there in a rage.

Maybe he never got the opportunity to rape her. Dumped her somewhere quickly, drove somewhere somewhat familiar or near a buddy...parked it and met up with same to retrieve his car?
Completely my theory here. So damn disgusted with this case. Evil incarnate. Our daughters sisters mothers, ourselves! Can’t go anywhere alone anymore. MOO

I wonder what other DNA was found in Aniah's car (if any). It seems to me with all the in and out of jail for Yazeed that his DNA and fingerprints would be on file for LE to just run a match on from the beginning. Makes me think someone else other than him was driving her car.

Guys, I was looking at the suspect's picture on his FB page and in looking at his shirt it looks like it says "ERIC." Verrrryyyyy weird, as this is the "name" of the guy she had met on the dating app!!!!! Of course, it could say something else, but it looks like Eric to me. What do you guys think?

ETA: Someone said it probably says American Eagle, and you know what? It probably does look like that. Sorry for the false alarm! So much for my "incredible" sleuthing skills lol!

Bro Skee

Last edited:
Or as another poster theorized, he came back later to get his car and that’s when he was seen leaving in his car.

possible but extremely odd to leave your own vehicle at the scene of the crime then return to the scene of the crime to collect your vehicle, especially when the crime scene is a gas station which are known to have cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member