Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regard to this “witness” I wish I knew...
1. Who this “witness” is (obvs).
2. Where this “witness” saw IY forcing Aniah in the car. I went & read the affidavit again & it does not say that he witnessed this at the gas station. The only time it refers to the gas station is as the place where both IY & Aniah were seen on surveillance in the store at the same time, & the last place Aniah was seen.
3. What LE has on surveillance OUTSIDE the gas station...some of the previous statements coupled with this affidavit make some of it unclear. Example: When they put his photo out with the description of the “early 2000s Lincoln Town Car seen leaving the Chevron...”
4. When did this “witness” call 911 or alert police?
5. How was she forced in the car? Was it aggressive/she was putting up a fight where it was OBVIOUSLY something was way bad wrong? Or had he knocked her out outside the car & was sticking her in the car? Or did he have a weapon to her forcing her in?

This is just my own opinion & me talking different scenarios. We’ve all considered the scenario that whoever this “witness” is, he could have also been the accomplice that is now turning on IY. If I’m considering another scenario, & me being familiar enough with the area, I know that Wednesday night is the “going out” night in Auburn for the college kids. Think lots of drunk idiots walking around (even some pregaming before they go to the bar). If this “witness” was actually not part of this crime, & IY didn’t force her in the car aggressively with a fight, I could 100% see a scenario where someone saw something & thought to themselves, “hmmm that’s odd....but I guess his gf went too hard too early & he’s trying to get her in the car to take her home.” Then when Aniah was reported missing & her face plastered everywhere, then the witness being like oh $#%* I saw that girl being put in that car!!
I don’t like to have hate in my heart for anyone but I’m reallllly struggling with this one...being why this “witness” didn’t call the cops immediately - could have saved her life. Not to mention they are getting DRAGGED everywhere & if their name ever gets out.....it won’t be good.
So, I was thinking & this would be a scenario that I came up with 1. if the “witness” wasn’t an accomplice, 2. if IY wasn’t aggressively putting her in the car, & 3. where there could have not necessarily been a 911 call immediately made by said “witness.”

Thoughts?
If the witness was not an accomplice (which I think is most likely), I wonder if they did call police immediately, or at least as soon as Aniah was reported missing. But all they could say was “I saw a black man forcing her into a car.” They would have had no idea who he was. What the affidavit says is that during the course of the investigation, a witness “identified Yazeed as the individual he observed forcing Blanchard into a vehicle.” So maybe after the police release the video of the person of interest and he is identified the next day and his mugshot is all over the news, the witness says “that’s him, that’s the guy I saw,” and positively ID’s him as Yazeed, sort of like you would with a lineup.

I’m still confused by the “help us ID this person of interest” move by LE. Is it possible they really didn’t know who he was until then? If so, the witness would have had no way to positively ID Yazeed as the perp until just a couple of days ago.

Just curious and thinking about why he was not identified right away as I would think he would be in the database, from dna (so it seems) .

Ibraheem Yazeed Probable Cause Affidavit

So far no statements have been released to say any of his DNA was found in the car, i am sure if it was they would have been able to ID him as soon as the DNA was tested as his DNA would already be in the system being a former offender.

i'm also surprised that they didn't state his DNA was found in the affidavit they only state aniahs was.

Thank you, Dre. Strange...

My thinking is LE has had the witness for awhile but didn't put the info out there due to fear the perp would kill Aniah. LE probably gave up on that for lack of progress in finding Aniah or assailant. I've noticed over the years that LE keeps their information close unless they need to get help from the public.

Time will tell.

"Upon encountering Yazeed, the Marshals issued multiple verbal commands to which Yazeed did not comply," Inspector Dominic Guadagnoli, of the Florida/Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force, said in a statement Friday.

"The task force members then had to physically remove him from his hiding spot," he said.

Yazeed has had a previous violent run-in with Alabama law enforcers.

In 2012, he was accused of ramming his vehicle into a Montgomery police car at a Chevron station and charged with two counts of attempted murder of a police officer. He was fleeing from the two Montgomery officers at the time and plowed into the squad car "as the officers exited their vehicle in an attempt to kill the officers," a court affidavit states.

Yazeed's mother wrote the judge handling that case, saying "he felt afraid and didn't know how to handle or control the vehicle due to so many fired gunshots towards the vehicle."

Yazeed spent months in the county jail before a grand jury determined there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

"I believe he is suffering some type of mental disorder," his mother also wrote in the letter. She said her son suffered a head injury as a child and didn't always use good judgment.

Yazeed also wrote the court, pleading for his release. He said it would alleviate jail overcrowding and "and save taxpayers a lot of money."
Suspect was on bond when UFC fighter's stepdaughter vanished

The attempted murder and kidnapping incident in which Yazeed is a defendant happened in January 2019. According to court records, two male victims – one of them 77-years-old - were held against their will in a hotel room in January 2019 on the 1200 block of Eastern Boulevard.

The older man was beaten until “unconscious, unresponsive, severely injured and near death” and robbed of a Rolex, rifle, handguns, wallet, bank card, clothing and unknown amount of currency. The other man was also beaten and robbed of at least $40.

In July 2017, Yazeed was arrested Cass County sheriff’s deputies in Missouri on an arrest warrant for aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer.

Yazeed also previously pleaded guilty to felony drug possession in 2015 and received a 13-month suspended sentence. In 2012, he was charged with attempted murder after authorities said he rammed his car into a Montgomery police vehicle. A grand jury declined to indict him on those charges as well.

The previous year – 2011 - Yazeed was charged with two counts of robbery after a man was robbed of more than $2,000, a cell phone and a Gucci watch. A grand jury also declined to indict him on those charges.
Aniah Blanchard disappearance: Suspect charged with kidnapping, still at large

Thanks so much for responding!

In short, this is a tragic case of a young college student in Alabama stopping off at a gas station late one night on her way home and is never seen again. Her car was located with a large amount of blood in the passenger seat, but she has not been found. It's taken several weeks, but a POI was identified, and arrested just yesterday (he was fleeing from police and they apprehended him in Florida.)

This perp has a rap sheet of violence that goes way back. He is currently out on bond for attempted murder, kidnapping and robbery when he killed this innocent young woman.

So generally I was curious what happens in proceeding with this potential kidnapping & murder trial while he's still pending trial for the other? Will one get shelved, so to speak or is it more likely that the two different public offenders will just prepare independently?

Got it. It depends. If he’s been charged he has speedy trial rights. If he waived those and his two teams and the prosecutors all agree they can determine what will go first.

The public defenders will indeed prepare separately because the cases aren’t linked.

The attempted murder and kidnapping incident in which Yazeed is a defendant happened in January 2019. According to court records, two male victims – one of them 77-years-old - were held against their will in a hotel room in January 2019 on the 1200 block of Eastern Boulevard.

The older man was beaten until “unconscious, unresponsive, severely injured and near death” and robbed of a Rolex, rifle, handguns, wallet, bank card, clothing and unknown amount of currency. The other man was also beaten and robbed of at least $40.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record but this crime should NEVER be bondable. Take into account his previous crimes and it’s utterly inconceivable how a judge could set bail. The entire legal system allowing this is severely broken and almost beyond repair. I’m outraged just thinking how this happened. Culpability lies all over the place. CHANGE THE LAWS NOW!

"Upon encountering Yazeed, the Marshals issued multiple verbal commands to which Yazeed did not comply," Inspector Dominic Guadagnoli, of the Florida/Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force, said in a statement Friday.

"The task force members then had to physically remove him from his hiding spot," he said.

Yazeed has had a previous violent run-in with Alabama law enforcers.

In 2012, he was accused of ramming his vehicle into a Montgomery police car at a Chevron station and charged with two counts of attempted murder of a police officer. He was fleeing from the two Montgomery officers at the time and plowed into the squad car "as the officers exited their vehicle in an attempt to kill the officers," a court affidavit states.

Yazeed's mother wrote the judge handling that case, saying "he felt afraid and didn't know how to handle or control the vehicle due to so many fired gunshots towards the vehicle."

Yazeed spent months in the county jail before a grand jury determined there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

"I believe he is suffering some type of mental disorder," his mother also wrote in the letter. She said her son suffered a head injury as a child and didn't always use good judgment.

Yazeed also wrote the court, pleading for his release. He said it would alleviate jail overcrowding and "and save taxpayers a lot of money."
Suspect was on bond when UFC fighter's stepdaughter vanished
Oh, cry me a river.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t believe he has the cognitive ability to put two and two together. This man is mentally incapacitated.
If so, is that the reason he got away with so many offenses, the courts had sympathy for him? They felt he wasn't the brightest bulb, so he got a pass? His momma told them he had a head injury, so he was let off because that was a good excuse?

If so, is that the reason he got away with so many offenses, the courts had sympathy for him? They felt he wasn't the brightest bulb, so he got a pass? His momma told them he had a head injury, so he was let off because that was a good excuse?
My thoughts from his mugshot. The slack jaw gives him a, as you say, less than brightest-bulb look. But cover the lower half of his face and look at the eyes. Stone cold evil IMO

At the risk of sounding like a broken record but this crime should NEVER be bondable. Take into account his previous crimes and it’s utterly inconceivable how a judge could set bail. The entire legal system allowing this is severely broken and almost beyond repair. I’m outraged just thinking how this happened. Culpability lies all over the place. CHANGE THE LAWS NOW!

Very true. And as another poster said earlier, if you've got a public defender because you can't afford an attorney, how was he able to post a $29,000 bond?

And speaking of the bond for his last charges, doesn't this latest crime violate that?

It may put me in danger, but I’ll always help if I see someone’s in trouble. Not going to be a coward and be a part of the bystander effect. Read Kitty Genovese story. I would want someone to help me.
I am thankful years ago that someone called 911 as I was being smashed into the sidewalk by my ex-husband on top of me...I had run out of the house to get away from him and he caught me by the road and jumped on me... it was the middle of the night and I was yelling "call 911, somebody call 911" no one came out of their houses, but the cops arrived shortly therafter with him still on top of me..ohhh and those cops were rough with him...I remember he was complaining that the cuffs were too tight and they just threw him in the back of the car...they did tell me to leave him and that it wouldn't get better and I eventually did.

I remember early on when they showed the Chevron footage for the first time, someone local mentioned that the Chevron was right next to either a Quality Inn or Comfort Inn motel...what if IY had a room there and took her there for that "missing hour". I know this local posed the theory at the time, that perhaps it was someone staying in this motel that attacked her. We know he has used a hotel room before and taken a victim to a hotel. MOO

Did it rub anyone else the wrong way that everyone, including the judge, wished him good luck at the end of the extradition hearing? The outcome here shouldn’t be about luck, and this is not a man who deserves good luck IMO. I don’t know, something about it just seemed weird. Maybe they do that with everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fales922