Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously??!!

I just saw this on Google myself, and thought ...

Why in the freakin' heck do they not already have that????????????

Why was that not step number #1?????

This must seriously be torture in so many ways for Aniah's family, my heart just aches for them.

I thought Montgomery would have his DNA on file. I wonder if Lee County couldn’t collect at arrest because it’s already in Montgomery? And now they don’t trust the validity for some reason?
This is perplexing.

Ok I don’t know how this works. So somebody help.

My understanding is his DNA should be in the system from his prior conviction. And even his prior arrest in Alabama. But if something is wrong with that sample and they want DNA from this arrest. Would it hat arrest have taken place in Florida? I know he was extradited to Alabama but does that mean that the arrest took place in Alabama?

Why didn’t they do that at booking is my question.
So this makes me think there’s no other evidence in the car, just her blood. If there was I would think their first move would have even to see if it was his so they’d have more than an eyewitness tying him to the car/crime. Nervous that at this point, the case against him isn’t looking great. Hopefully there’s more.

So this makes me think there’s no other evidence in the car, just her blood. If there was I would think their first move would have even to see if it was his so they’d have more than an eyewitness tying him to the car/crime. Nervous that at this point, the case against him isn’t looking great. Hopefully there’s more.
No I don’t think that. They arrested him for kidnapping, which is a felony, they should take his dna at booking regardless of where they found it. Felony drug arrests take dna as well.

Yazeed is evidently resisting providing a DNA sample, forcing the authorities to get a court order to harvest his DNA.

Perhaps Yazeed has always resisted providing DNA and no-one has gone through the process to force him to provide it before?

DNA: maybe they have dna already on file but want to avoid chain of custody motions and just obtain a clean, by the book DNA sample.

If they find her body: one way or another you’d know, because his charges would change to immediately reflect murder.

No I don’t think that. They arrested him for kidnapping, which is a felony, they should take his dna at booking regardless of where they found it. Felony drug arrests take dna as well.
Oh I agree it should have already been done with or without any additional evidence in the car. No idea why it wasn’t. I’m just saying that it makes me think the car may be pretty clean. If they had found unidentified blood, hair, semen, whatever, inside her car, why on earth would they have waited this long to see it it matches him?

In Alabama a defendant must consent in writing for a DNA sample to be taken at booking. I cannot imagine IY consenting; so maybe this is why DA has filed a motion to obtain IY's DNA.

I am wondering to what extent the judge can force IY to cooperate with the court. Moo IY certainly does not seem cooperative thus far, so I think the court will have to force his hand to obtain the needed info to move this case along. However, since I do not have a legal background, I am not sure what the judge’s limitations are regarding forcing IY to be compliant. (I hope my inquiry makes sense.) Can any legal experts weigh in??

What, if anything, can we expect to learn from the hearing tomorrow? It’s my understanding that the media was not allowed in during his first court appearance in Alabama and I know there’s a gag order. But they can’t just continue to hold court proceedings in secrecy behind closed doors...or can they?

What, if anything, can we expect to learn from the hearing tomorrow? It’s my understanding that the media was not allowed in during his first court appearance in Alabama and I know there’s a gag order. But they can’t just continue to hold court proceedings in secrecy behind closed doors...or can they?
Unfortunately, after following the Kelsey Berreth trial, the judge can absolutely keep any and all media out. That was in Colorado, but I’m not sure about Alabama. However, the judge did it to protect the integrity of the case so that a fair trial could be presented.

It drove us all crazy, but her murderer is now convicted and sentenced to LWOP.

May not be the situation here, just sharing what I know! So MOO!

I was wondering the same thing. I am thinking all we will here is time started and time ended.

Why do you all say that IY was going out the door as she was coming in? In the CCTV tape he is standing right behind her as she is walking to the register...I mean, he stops and stays there for a few seconds and doesn't move towards her. Its like he is watching her. This is MOO...but I believe its him behind her because of the clothes and also they didn't show his face at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member