Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does a miscarriage have to do with anything? What an odd comment! Like it was thrown in to garner sympathy - as if the witness is saying - awful things have happened to me recently so please be understanding as to why I didn’t come forward.
Omg I was just about to write the same thing! One has nothing to do with the other!

I don't know how to link a map but yes you could walk. They are next to each other. 1577 S College St is the hotel and 1599 S College is the Chevron.

Does anyone know if the bar is still in the hotel? Back in my Auburn days the hotel had a bar, Benji's I think was the name.
Yeah its the same hotel where Benji's use to be. i use to play there with the Auburn Knights years ago. You can literally throw a rock and hit the Chevron with little effort (20 yards from the front door of Benji's).

Since the article says IY’s lawyer asked about the eyewitness’s criminal record, I wonder if they already have an idea who it is? IY could have recognized the witness as well. I’d be looking over my shoulder constantly if I was the witness. Even though IY didn’t make bail, he seems to associate with a rough crowd. Would one go so far as to eliminate witness?
Either that or IY knows why the witness was there (prostitution, trafficking, drugs).
The idea that two has station customers are familiar with each other JUST from the gas station is pretty hard to believe. My guess is they were aquatinted in another way. Moo

Surely the police have thoroughly checked the cameras from the hotel, right? Just in case she was taken back there.... There's what, an hour gap between the kidnapping and when the car is again seen headed to the interstate?

Ugh...this sucks, because I think we all know the writing on the wall, it's just putting 2 and 2 together.
I know way way back in thread 2 or so...I opined about this hotel and now I believe that is where the hour went - I remember I was reading a tweet from a person who lived in the area very early on in this case and he mentioned the proximity of this hotel and was hoping cops had checked it out..it was the first I had heard about it back then and NO ONE seemed to ever mention it again until now...all along I thought he stayed at this hotel (after I knew it was so close) because his other victim involved a hotel too...IMO

Investigator: Blanchard kidnapping witness remorseful he didn’t come forward sooner
After reading this article. I will agree he was at the Clarion & walked over to the Chevron. Which is totally doable. I also think that Clarion is probably where the hour went between that point & car being confirmed on south college. Rooms are on the outside of the building. He wouldn’t have even had to walk her thru a lobby. Just pull right around to his room & go in.

Investigator: Blanchard kidnapping witness remorseful he didn’t come forward sooner
After reading this article. I will agree he was at the Clarion & walked over to the Chevron. Which is totally doable. I also think that Clarion is probably where the hour went between that point & car being confirmed on south college. Rooms are on the outside of the building. He wouldn’t have even had to walk her thru a lobby. Just pull right around to his room & go in.
Just to point this out. This article says IY frequented the Clarion. Some other ones says both the witness & IY frequented the Chevron. I think that’s a big difference. MOO.

I believe he saw him previously because IY was staying at the hotel. I have thought this all along - to explain why he was even in the area.
I do believe I made mention of this hotel also!!!!!! It’s a shady place! I could totally see IY running prostitutes from there and walking to the store while they worked.

I know way way back in thread 2 or so...I opined about this hotel and now I believe that is where the hour went - I remember I was reading a tweet from a person who lived in the area very early on in this case and he mentioned the proximity of this hotel and was hoping cops had checked it out..it was the first I had heard about it back then and NO ONE seemed to ever mention it again until now...all along I thought he stayed at this hotel (after I knew it was so close) because his other victim involved a hotel too...IMO

I, too, have had the Clarion pegged as the place where that hour was spent. It's a sketchy place. That's where I go to vote. It has a seedy feel to it. I'm always shocked when they have the Daddy Daughter dances there.

I didn't mention it because I thought, surely there would be cameras with footage there, and, once the police knew it happened at the Chevron, they would look into it. This is crazy. Let's hope IYs DNA is a match for the DNA in the car.

I, too, have had the Clarion pegged as the place where that hour was spent. It's a sketchy place. That's where I go to vote. It has a seedy feel to it. I'm always shocked when they have the Daddy Daughter dances there.

I didn't mention it because I thought, surely there would be cameras with footage there, and, once the police knew it happened at the Chevron, they would look into it. This is crazy. Let's hope IYs DNA is a match for the DNA in the car.
I get sketched out going to vote there haha! I hate anything that has doors to rooms on the outside! Sketch ball.

I would be devastated if I had the chance to save someone's life and didnt place that call. No criticism intended. As it is, that lost opportunity plays over and over in my head, how different this could have been. :(

Two videos are embedded in the following article. The second one contains snippets of testimony by the detective on the case.

Judge orders Aniah Blanchard kidnapping suspect to take DNA test
Listening to these are key... they show the detectives testimony without the incorrect interpretation by a reporter.

The detective does not know if the partner was a girlfriend or wife.

I’m going to have to listen again to be sure the “partner” was even at the hotel. Is it possible he texted or called the partner? Listening again.

It was MEEEEEEE! And I’d repost it or up it or whatever but I can’t figure out where it is to do that:(

From the video:

The detective says, “he went back to the room and told his, I would assume his girlfriend, possibly wife what he had saw and she told him “stay out of it, don’t get involved.”

I imagine she’s (the partner) in the room, but it’s not clear to me, personally. IMHO

Listening to these are key... they show the detectives testimony without the incorrect interpretation by a reporter.

The detective does not know if the partner was a girlfriend or wife.

I’m going to have to listen again to be sure the “partner” was even at the hotel. Is it possible he texted or called the partner? Listening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano