Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a carjacking that went terribly wrong & she hit him so damn hard that it sent him into a kill rage.(made him run into something). Maybe not even a carjacking but someone who just said “can u just run me up here” & tries to make a move & she realizes she is in trouble, fights & sends him to rage.

Meeting up with a guy, then going missing, leaves a pretty strong impression of what happened.

But I don't find Aniah being relaxed in a convenience store at night, her car being found in an apartment complex many miles away, and damage to her car particularly consistent with this scenario though.

It suggests a greater chance of something more random than would be expected with a typical last guy she was seen with framework, IMO.

Meeting up with a guy, then going missing, leaves a pretty strong impression of what happened.

But I don't find Aniah being relaxed in a convenience store at night, her car being found in an apartment complex many miles away, and damage to her car particularly consistent with this scenario though.

It suggests a greater chance of something more random than would be expected with a typical last guy she was seen with framework, IMO.

I dunno. This guy might not have been planning to do anything nefarious, but things went sideways.

Even if he was planning something, things could have gone wrong, and forced him to deviate.

I still think that the most likely scenario is that this was a crime, and it was perpetrated by that mysterious date. God knows that’s happened before.

But you’re right, this could have also been something random. Who knows at this point.

“Hopeful”??? Surely they have a reason to suspect she’s alive. Usually if there’s a suspect the picture is plastered all over the place. Ugh. This sucks.

But maybe “hopeful” is just a stage of denial.
It’s pretty standard to have that public stance, regardless of what the evidence may be telling them.

People are more engaged when they are looking for a living person, as opposed to a body.

Also a Montgomery native. Agree these apartments are not "on" the Atlanta Highway (which would make them visible) but off behind some businesses. I have never seen them, as many times as I drive past the turn off to get to them.
Her last seen location would have been at exit 51 and these apartments are at or around exit 9 off I-85. So I believe whoever parked her car there lives in Montgomery.

I completely agree. I have lived in Montgomery all of my 35 years and never knew these apartments existed despite traveling in the area often. There are also many other apartment complexes closer to the interstate if someone was looking to dump the car and keep moving down the road.

I dunno. This guy might not have been planning to do anything nefarious, but things went sideways.

Even if he was planning something, things could have gone wrong, and forced him to deviate.

I still think that the most likely scenario is that this was a crime, and it was perpetrated by that mysterious date. God knows that’s happened before.

But you’re right, this could have also been something random. Who knows at this point.

Absolutely. Probably 90% of the time it is a crime perpetrated by the last seen with romantic other or partner.

Just saying that 90% goes down a little bit for me here, based on the few details known at this point. The scrapes on the car could indicate someone popping out of the back seat while she was driving, and the location the car was found might indicate a driver other than Aniah. Was her car unlocked at the convenience store...probably.

Just looking at possibilities.

I agree. I'm actually not convinced of the "just met someone/hanging out" aspect at all. That seems odd, especially telling a loved one that - I'm assuming she'd know that would concern them. Was something else going on in her life that nobody knew about? Was she upset about something? Also, she received money from a relative around 9-ish...then got more money out later. Why?

Please correct me, anyone, if I got anything wrong.

I completely agree. I have lived in Montgomery all of my 35 years and never knew these apartments existed despite traveling in the area often. There are also many other apartment complexes closer to the interstate if someone was looking to dump the car and keep moving down the road.
I grew up in Montgomery. Boy did it turn into a shithole.

VIDEO
Updated October 29 at 6:10 PMrbbm.
’If you have my daughter, she is loved.’: Aniah’s father pleads for her safe return
"Elijah Blanchard, Aniah’s father said, “We know our daughter is scared. We know she wants to come home. As a family we are trying to just stay together. Stay prayed up. Making sure we have hope. We are real hopeful.”

Blanchard admits its been difficult to sleep not knowing where his daughter is. The family is getting constant calls seeking ways to help. “People just ask me how are you doing? I’m a train wreck on the inside, but I have to be supportive because I know Aniah would want her father to stay strong,” Blanchard said."

"The father has a message for his daughter: “We all are trying our best to do what we can to find you. And if you have my daughter know she is loved. I just ask you to let her go,” Blanchard said.

Anyone with information please contact the Auburn Police Division at 334-501-3140, anonymous tip line 334-246-1391 or non emergency 334-501-3100."

I agree. I'm actually not convinced of the "just met someone/hanging out" aspect at all. That seems odd, especially telling a loved one that - I'm assuming she'd know that would concern them. Was something else going on in her life that nobody knew about? Was she upset about something? Also, she received money from a relative around 9-ish...then got more money out later. Why?

Please correct me, anyone, if I got anything wrong.
I think her dad sent Venmo money and then she made a purchase with her card. Not that she got money from dad then went and got more money. It hasn’t been clearly stated but that’s what I’ve gathered. Moo

Can a great map maker on here perhaps make a map from Sky Bar to the Chevron and then from the Chevron to the Apartments? sorry if this has been done already, but I might have missed it.
Oh and where she lived?
I am curious about a few things. 1) is this Chevron on a route that she might take to go home? I mean she could have met the guy at the Sky Bar or he never showed up and she might have been heading home..stopped in the Chevron to get a coffee or soda or tampons..?? 2) If not on her route home, how far from the Sky Bar was it? 3)What other way could she have gone from the Chevron instead of the way she ended up going...perhaps to get to another college bar that was popular to hang out in.
I am leaning towards someone jumped her at the Chevron (or the guy in the store) or what someone else said, a carjacking. Or saw her alone and accosted her as she got in the car and got in with her, and perhaps the way she went was not her intention in the first place. The car being left at those apartments, when there were plenty of other apts before that "hidden" one is concerning too. MOOO
edited to add: I know when I was in the military, sometimes I would hit up the ATM in the evening when I was out in preparation for the next day when I would be needing cash for something. I would do that to save myself time or an extra trip. She was "very organized" and I do stuff like that to be organized too..always planning ahead, trying to anticipate my next day or week, getting all my ducks in a row. The VENMO cash wouldn't hit her acct until the next day so she might have needed some cash until then. MOO again!

Can a great map maker on here perhaps make a map from Sky Bar to the Chevron and then from the Chevron to the Apartments? sorry if this has been done already, but I might have missed it.
Oh and where she lived?
I am curious about a few things. 1) is this Chevron on a route that she might take to go home? I mean she could have met the guy at the Sky Bar or he never showed up and she might have been heading home..stopped in the Chevron to get a coffee or soda or tampons..?? 2) If not on her route home, how far from the Sky Bar was it? 3)What other way could she have gone from the Chevron instead of the way she ended up going...perhaps to get to another college bar that was popular to hang out in.
I am leaning towards someone jumped her at the Chevron (or the guy in the store) or what someone else said, a carjacking. Or saw her alone and accosted her as she got in the car and got in with her, and perhaps the way she went was not her intention in the first place. The car being left at those apartments, when there were plenty of other apts before that "hidden" one is concerning too. MOOO
edited to add: I know when I was in the military, sometimes I would hit up the ATM in the evening when I was out in preparation for the next day when I would be needing cash for something. I would do that to save myself time or an extra trip. She was "very organized" and I do stuff like that to be organized too..always planning ahead, trying to anticipate my next day or week, getting all my ducks in a row. The VENMO cash wouldn't hit her acct until the next day so she might have needed some cash until then. MOO again!
I’m not a great map maker, but I put one in post #368 in this thread. I’m not sure of her address though.

I’m not a great map maker, but I put one in post #368 in this thread. I’m not sure of her address though.
Thanks!
AL - AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019
Today at 4:47 PM Show in original location
a5c7e121-993b-44c3-843f-2ef771bc0d78-jpeg.212101

1/1

Oh and where she lived?

This may not be much help but The Sky Bar is on Magnolia. It’s so close to College Street. Most students don’t live near I-85. Especially since she wasn’t a student at Auburn but Southern Unio
Oh and where she lived?

Unless her address is known there’s just no way to know if she was headed home. It’s possible she was since there are apartments/houses in that area. If she was at the Chevron near 1-85 I just have a feeling that she was headed somewhere other than her home.

She might live in Opelika since that’s where Southern Union is located. However Auburn is so close to Opelika and many Southern Union students live in Auburn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24