Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up in and live in Montgomery and it is no different than other large cities. I have never been afraid to live/eat out/shop here but you need to use common sense and stay out of certain areas. Many neighborhoods are lovely and safe. this is true in Birmingham, Huntsville and Mobile too. We don't live in the 70s anymore anywhere.

Tuskegee, which is halfway between Auburn and Montgomery, is home to a national forest we used to ride horses in. About 15 years ago it became a place we did not feel comfortable in because the trails are so grown over and the woods so thick. A place you could dump a body and maybe not get caught.
I agree Montgomery is like many other large cities in that it has particular pockets of population that are more dangerous than others. I will add this about Montgomery however and perhaps this is true of other cities as well but Montgomery has become increasingly more dangerous overall in the last decade. The bad area is not just court street anymore as it has moved all over the city. The Areas that used to be well known for crime have increased their territory and now spread to areas like Ann Street, Eastern Blvd., Atlanta Highway all over downtown and all over the southside of Montgomery. Old Cloverdale is the last bastion of normalcy other than the north side of Montgomery and some areas to the east. Look what happened to Montgomery mall and now look what’s happening to Eastdale Mall. Both of those areas used to be very safe but not anymore. I definitely agree about Tuskegee as well.

dbm

Last edited:
“There is obviously high probability and likelihood that there’s some foul play involved,” he said. "It’s completely out of character for her to be off the grid like this and not in contact with her family.”

Register says investigators are keying in on the area between Auburn and Montgomery and any relationships that would prompt her to meet someone. Friday, Blanchard's car was recovered at an apartment complex off Atlanta Highway. The vehicle had sustained heavy damage.

Register couldn't speak to whether they believe Blanchard drove the car to Montgomery or whether they believed she was likely in the Montgomery area.

"Montgomery is certainly a place that we need to be concentrating on heavily," said Register. "So we would just ask anybody that saw her car, so anybody resembling her or even her information, please reach out to the police division, Montgomery Police Department."
Auburn police chief believes Aniah Blanchard likely in danger

I hope LE has investigated the damage to the guardrails.
I was told this afternoon by someone that they saw Auburn police inspecting the guard rails on 85. I would certainly think that they would do this. The damage does not look like it was done by another car based on what I see. It definitely looks like a concrete barrier.

From podcast—

1. brother called parents the next morning and told them

2. Bought chips at chevron at 11:20

3. she left the funeral early to get home and take care of her responsibilities. She told her mom she needed to leave at 6:30.

4. Mom knows she was tired . Looked like she was buying snack and going home . Which was normal for Aniah. Mom found chop bags in nightstand often.

5. Snapchatting after 11. She used the vernacular she normally does.

6. They saw the transaction.. mom said it was on Venmo for $2 and told police to go look at video. The LE did not know of this and then pulled the video.

7. they (mom and Walt) do not know this boy. (Said that live)

8. police say they can’t tell if anyone in car at convenience.

9. Walt and mom are not happy with LE. They are not giving them info.

10. Former FBI person interviews by NG says that the reason they aren’t discussing the boy means they are working the angle.

11. brother says he DID NOT know she was going anywhere or he would have given her one.

12. Mom says she could have bought a charger if she was planning to go anywhere because Walt had just given her money.

(missing from podcast was any mention of skybar and southeastern)

Summer who? Eric who? I feel our hands are being tighed at this time. I hope LE is having better information than I can find. I am not finding anything ( and that's putting it nicely )

One of the best gifts I received one Christmas not too long ago was a power bank. That thing has been the most used and relied on device ever, esp being in a Hurricane state. I think everyone should have one. Of course, you do have to charge it up...so if you are a young adult who waits until your phone dies to charge it, a power bank might not make a difference.
Hope we find this beautiful girl soon! I hope LE interviewed the store clerk at Chevron!!

Summer who? Eric who? I feel our hands are being tighed at this time. I hope LE is having better information than I can find. I am not finding anything ( and that's putting it nicely )
Seriously...the only name they put out for the guy is ERIC nolastname- could be anyone and his name could not even be Eric.
Summer is her friend- Summer Whatley.

From podcast—

1. brother called parents the next morning and told them

2. Bought chips at chevron at 11:20

3. she left the funeral early to get home and take care of her responsibilities. She told her mom she needed to leave at 6:30.

4. Mom knows she was tired . Looked like she was buying snack and going home . Which was normal for Aniah. Mom found chop bags in nightstand often.

5. Snapchatting after 11. She used the vernacular she normally does.

6. They saw the transaction.. mom said it was on Venmo for $2 and told police to go look at video. The LE did not know of this and then pulled the video.

7. they (mom and Walt) do not know this boy. (Said that live)

8. police say they can’t tell if anyone in car at convenience.

9. Walt and mom are not happy with LE. They are not giving them info.

10. Former FBI person interviews by NG says that the reason they aren’t discussing the boy means they are working the angle.

11. brother says he DID NOT know she was going anywhere or he would have given her one.

12. Mom says she could have bought a charger if she was planning to go anywhere because Walt had just given her money.

(missing from podcast was any mention of skybar and southeastern)

Of all the static and go-nowhere chatter that seems to abound.....#9 speaks volumes and it's very disheartening to me. IMO, it may imply a parents' unwillingness to face the truth that they may not have known their daughter as much as they thought. Which is heartbreaking and maddening when it might interfere with the investigation. ETA: I'm not saying your post was static chatter! I'm just lamenting the lack of info released!

Last edited:
Interesting comment on her friend's twitter page - scroll down Oct 25 from a M. B. (male)
what date was the Chevron footage released, because then this tweet has relevance if the footage was released after Oct 25

Okay!!! I totally BELIEVE this guys twitter post now! The Chevron video was released this past Monday Oct 28!! Have to find his tweet guys...he knew ahead of time...that is why I believe the rest of the tweet too! MOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper