AL - At least 14 dead after several tornados knocked Alabama, 3 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My friends have located one body and are currently searching through the rubble for the other.:(

My heart breaks for all of you.

Although we dont have any casualties in our area, our county, and surrounding counties have huge trees down, and property damage.

ALL of that means nothing. You cant replace human life. My heart breaks for all who have lost their lives, and their family, and friends.

I pray the searches will find those who are missing....alive.

The weather got very rough in our area last night, but we were spared this time after going through hurricane Michael just last October here.

God bless all who are suffering.

Imo

I can say this with certainty. I have lived in Southwest Georgia my entire life, but I cant ever remember the alerts on our TV coming back to back, starting at 2pm, and continued until 9pm.

Usually the alerts are tornado watches or severe thunderstorms, but yesterday just about every one of them were tornado WARNINGS!!!

It scares me to death when there are actual spotted tornadoes in any area. Our alarm system also alerts us to bad weather too so it was nonstop alerts yesterday.

We were so lucky this time although I think there may have been a fatality in Georgia but I'm not sure where, and if it was close to us.

I wish with all my heart everyone had escaped these monster tornadoes.

It's just a matter of time before there will be more. Sigh.

This is absolutely heartbreaking for your friends. I am so sorry for them! :(

Me too. I cant begin to even imagine how difficult it is for this family.

And so many are also looking for their missing family members, and friends.

When tornadoes this powerful hit it truly looks like large bulldozers went through clearing, and leveling everything in sight.

Praying for all.

I have friends that left for Lee County, AL early this morning to search for family. They have been able to confirm that their family members home has been destroyed, but have not been able to reach them or get any word on their whereabouts. Praying!

Razzle, have you heard back from your friends if they have found anyone else?

Although it could take days or even a week or more to search everywhere.

Many times they all may not be inside of the destroyed home, but the wind can lift them up making them land in another area even far away from their dwelling.

Please keep us all updated. I'm praying for everyone involved.

Take care.

Ocean

Razzle, have you heard back from your friends if they have found anyone else?

Although it could take days or even a week or more to search everywhere.

Many times they all may not be inside of the destroyed home, but the wind can lift them up making them land in another area even far away from their dwelling.

Please keep us all updated. I'm praying for everyone involved.

Take care.

Ocean

Both husband and wife have been located deceased. Amazingly, their infant child was with the grandparents, in an area not so deeply affected and is fine.

Alabama tornado ripped billboard from atop its pole and carried it 20 MILES into GEORGIA | Daily Mail Online

A tornado which tore through parts of Alabama, killing at least 23 people, was so powerful it ripped a billboard from its display and carried it 20 miles into a different state.

upload_2019-3-5_3-8-35.jpegupload_2019-3-5_3-8-23.jpegupload_2019-3-5_3-8-48.jpeg

The billboard, which initially stood atop a pole just north of Smiths Station, Alabama, was torn from its spot and sent airborne.

The huge sign was then carried 20 miles from U.S. Route 280, landing in Harris County, Georgia.

The billboard is an advertisement for the Lee County Flea Market.

[...]

The tornadoes, spawned by a late-winter 'supercell' thunderstorm, ripped through Lee County on Sunday with cyclonic winds of up to 170 miles per hour, at step four of the six-step Enhanced Fujita (EF) scale of tornado strength.

Mobile homes were tossed on their sides and ripped open, their contents strewn over a ravaged landscape littered with debris and gnarled, uprooted trees.

In some places, shreds of houses hung from the limbs of the few trees left standing.

'It looks almost as if someone took a giant knife and just scraped the ground. There are slabs where homes formerly stood, debris everywhere, trees are snapped,' Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones told a morning news conference.

[...]

upload_2019-3-5_3-9-55.jpeg

Both husband and wife have been located deceased. Amazingly, their infant child was with the grandparents, in an area not so deeply affected and is fine.

I'm so sorry for your friend's tremendous loss.

Thank God their little baby was spared, but it's so sad to know the little baby will grow up without their loving parents.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back