GUILTY AL - Attorney, 36, abducted, raped, Birmingham, 31 May 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is what p--- me off....

The Birmingham News
"...Griham was paroled from the Alabama state prison system in August, and Alabama failed to notify Mississippi. Griham has an outstanding warrant for probation violation, Frazier said, because he should have been sent back to Mississippi to serve probation there..."
http://tinyurl.com/l2tj7

Mississippi responds to Griham's parole
http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=4982741&nav=menu119_3

300h.jpg

How lets see what kind of sentence he gets.:waitasec:
Better be life without parole...

concernedperson said:
Can he get the death penalty in Alabama?

Oh yes Ma'am he sure can and probably will. :furious:

He meets the criteria.

Committing another felony while in commission of a felony.

God Bless Sandi and her family. She is truly lucky to be alive. If he would do this to her......he was certainly capable of murdering her too.....as each minute pasted ...she was more and more of a liability to him.

Ocean

oceanblueeyes said:

He meets the criteria.

God Bless Sandi and her family. She is truly lucky to be alive. If he would do this to her......he was certainly capable of murdering her too.....as each minute pasted ...she was more and more of a liability to him.

Ocean

Thanks, honey, that is where I was going with that post. I believe if he wasn't captured then he would have killed her.Her usefulness to him would have been over and I don't think he is a humanitarian type of guy.

I applaud everyone who stayed on this and helped bring Sandy home.

oceanblueeyes said:

He meets the criteria.

I always assumed that the DP could only be sought in crimes where there was a murder or an act that could likely result in someone's death. I didn't realize that a crime like this would qualify.

LaMer said:
Oh No! OMG

I was praying she wasn't raped or sodomized, but I guess that wasn't reality on my part.

I had a feeling. Attractive blond woman in the clutches of a male criminal...I was expecting she was likely raped. So very sad. Thank God she is alive, though, and yes, I am in Alabama and Oceanblueyes is quite right...prosecutors will seek the death penalty and get it. We don't play around down here.

stormonster said:
More details of her kidnapping ....Article this morning

"Defense attorney Emory Anthony said the woman wasn't forced into doing anything."

Makes you want to scream! :furious:
Yet another lawyer trying to discredit the victim... I know that they defense attorneys are legally bound to mount a defense for their client but defenses of this nature just make me think the attorney ought to be held for charges like defamation of charater, libel, etc.... maybe then this pattern of victimizing the victims and their families further will stop. Frankly I just can't understand how anyone with morals could be a defense attorney anyway..

The articles says, "Trying to establish that Griham and the woman knew each other beforehand, Anthony questioned Allison about whether police compared cell phone records for the two.

'That's why the cell phone records will be very important as to who called who,' Anthony said."

So, this guy's defense attorney is saying that they knew each other before the crime. If this is true, cell phone records should bear that out.

I was watching the video at the gym with another member who commented that it didn't look like she was forced to go with the guy.

In any case, I think that the guy is guilty as sin. Thank goodness that he didn't kill her.

I wish they had posted a picture with the article so people would know who to watch out for!

From March 2007:

http://archive.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/070329/sues.shtml

An attorney who was abducted at gunpoint by a state parolee last year filed suit Wednesday against Alabama's prison system and the parole board claiming the agencies wrongly freed her attacker...

He was convicted last year of carjacking, being a felon in possession of a gun and using a firearm while kidnapping the lawyer. A federal judge sentenced him to life imprisonment earlier this month.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teadoughnutsdogbanjo
Back