Found Deceased AL - Ben Stanford, 17, Anniston, Nov 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had so hoped this case would have a happy outcome. I have extended family in Birmingham and Anniston, and Alabama cases always seem a bit more "personal" to me. My heart breaks for family and friends of Ben Stanford.

Autopsy should be able to determine cause of death, and maybe that will be instrumental in solving the case.

Years ago when I lived in Marietta, GA a man disappeared from his car on the side of I-75, very near the intersection of 285 north in Cobb County. The car was abandoned on the side of the interstate, in the emergency lane.

Almost a year later a survey crew found his skeleton in woods above the highway. AFAIK, it remains a mystery of how and why he left his car, went over the interstate fencing, and died up the hill just 100 yds or so from the road.

Lovely, do you have a connection to Auburn University, hence your header under your name on posts? I live 8 miles from Auburn and I am a 1991 graduate.

Lovely, do you have a connection to Auburn University, hence your header under your name on posts? I live 8 miles from Auburn and I am a 1991 graduate.

I don't know if she does but I found out we were neighbors in the early years. She lived in a subdivision right across from mine. We never knew each other then...just a small world comment.

Yes, I'm a '71 Auburn grad who worked as a reporter in the area while getting my degree in English education. Auburn GRITS as in "grandmother raised in the South". War Eagle!

I'm retiring to Yates Lake, Tallessee, AL in a couple of years, so I'll be back to the area so dear to my heart (20 miles from Auburn!).

So sad to hear about Ben's death, but I admit I'm curious to whether the autopsy will suggest natural causes, suicide, or homicide. And I wonder which county in Alabama or Georgia will claim the right to autopsy procedure.

Yes, I'm a '71 Auburn grad who worked as a reporter in the area while getting my degree in English education. Auburn GRITS as in "grandmother raised in the South". War Eagle!

I'm retiring to Yates Lake, Tallessee, AL in a couple of years, so I'll be back to the area so dear to my heart (20 miles from Auburn!).

So sad to hear about Ben's death, but I admit I'm curious to whether the autopsy will suggest natural causes, suicide, or homicide. And I wonder which county in Alabama or Georgia will claim the right to autopsy procedure.

War Eagle!!! You won't be far at all from me then, we will have to get together!!! :dance:

Yes, it will be interesting and very sad to find out what happened to Ben. :( Prayers for his family.

Off topic.

EnglishLeigh, what happened to the Lori S (sp) case from Auburn a couple of years ago? The thread must be buried way back somewhere.

I am so sad for Ben's family and friends. I do hope they find the answers surrounding his death very soon. So tragic for such a promising young man to end up this way before he could ever learn his true potential.

englishleigh, when I'm moved back to Alabama we can meet for a meal at the Tallisi Hotel.

I hope Ben's family will get the answers they need quickly and with satisfaction.

Local news reported it was being treated as homicide. Found 3/4 miles from vehicle in densely wooded area. Taken to GBI in Atlanta for autopsy. Going to look for link.

Off topic.

EnglishLeigh, what happened to the Lori S (sp) case from Auburn a couple of years ago? The thread must be buried way back somewhere.

Lori Slesinski? Nothing. She is still missing. :( Such a sad case. I keep thinking some hunter will eventually find her remains but it hasn't happened yet.

englishleigh, when I'm moved back to Alabama we can meet for a meal at the Tallisi Hotel.

I hope Ben's family will get the answers they need quickly and with satisfaction.

Sounds great, LP!!

I agree...I pray for justice for Ben and comfort for his family.

I cannot believe this! I don't know why this case didn't really hit me at first, but for some reason I am completely shocked that he is dead.

I can't explain how weird this feeling is. Almost like I knew the ending of the story, and this isn't it.

So sad for this family!!! Prayers for them.

Just heard. So sad. Treating as a homicide? Robbed? What would make him pull over to begin with? Maybe he was followed from Gas station? Wonder if they got the video right away...didn't he just get gas?

What an incredibly sad story. My thoughts and prayers to this family.

When asked if he knew what his grandson was doing in Villa Rica, Ga., Preuitt said he had no idea.
"We do know that he did not go to school that morning," Preuitt said to FOX News Radio. "He was supposed to be in school."
Preuitt said that his family is currently trying to come up with answers. Authorities searching for Stanford told FOX6 News the body was found behind a Home Depot in Villa Rica, Ga., about 1/4 mile from where Stanford's car was found last week.
Benjamin Stanford was last seen alive Nov. 5 in Anniston. His vehicle, a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee, was later found on Interstate 20 in Villa Rica, Ga., police said.

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.3.1

Where's Huff when ya need 'em????

Did this kid have a myspace? Have ya'll done internet investigating? Wondering what his life was like....what was he up to???

Here is a bit more information:

"Stanford's body was found by one of the groups assisting in a ground search about three-quarters of a mile from the where his Jeep Cherokee had been discovered, Sylvia Bentley, a real estate colleague of one of Stanford's parents and one of the organizers of the search, told ABC News.

"We were breaking for lunch before we went to the other side of the Interstate," Bentley said. "One of the groups had not come out to meet us. The reason why was because they found Ben."

http://tinyurl.com/268jca

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7
Back