AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean that there has to be other evidence or witnesses, that the word of the victim is not enough?

I know of 2 cases where the word of the child was enough. Initial interviews with the child about sex abuse are always audio recorded...then tape recorded if needed. (Cases in which I am familiar.) All become evidence in trials.

Usually there are adults who look back in retrospect and realize there were changes in their child's behavior when the abuse was happening, etc. Their testimonies are used. Therapists can work with the child and help determine if they have been abused. Abuse can come out in the drawings of young children...they might call in that expert.

If the accused denies allegations then it takes a while to gather all this info to reach a determination of guilt. jmoo

I know personally of a 4 yr. old abused by a church elder that the family had known for yrs. and trusted. All investigators started with were the words of that little girl. The man was charged...but was able to plea a lesser charge because the family didn't want to put the toddler through trial.

I think the uncles knew and WWH and MWK probably knew, but that's just speculation on my part. SW made a post on his facebook recently that he was about to be in trouble.

My gut tells me after DH started being questioned, he implicated the other two but kept it quiet so they would be at least partially blindsided. Perhaps he was cooperating and therefore knew what was about to come down. He may have known he was going away for life. This is just my opinion.

I think the uncles knew and WWH and MWK probably knew, but that's just speculation on my part. SW made a post on his facebook recently that he was about to be in trouble.

My gut tells me after DH started being questioned, he implicated the other two but kept it quiet so they would be at least partially blindsided. Perhaps he was cooperating and therefore knew what was about to come down. He may have known he was going away for life. This is just my opinion.

Yes that is likely. It would make sense for him to do so if he was cooperating. There also might have been info in a suicide note (anyone know if there was one?)

One thing for sure, he and the other two were real sick critters. I just hope that whomever the victim is, has some safety right now. Much as I believe BW is dead because of the molestation and probably was a victim at one point, i dont think she is the one in the charges.

Which means one of these creeps is running around loose with a victim in the family he can get to

I agree with your opinion.

I think the molestation probably goes back generations. After so long the lines between right and wrong get blurred. They learn to look the other way and make excuses - Men will be men. I also think these men think it's just a little harmless fun. Daddy did it, Uncle does it, the girls all turned out fine. It almost reminds me of the Texas communes where the young girls are encouraged/groomed by their mothers.

I hope these arrests expose the whole lot. These little girls need to know it's not right for Uncle Daddy to molest them and there are laws that protect them.

These men also groom their wives...by demeaning self-esteem and making them dependent on the man's income. By ignoring this elephant in the room then Daddy doesn't go to jail and we stay in our house/eat. I don't see higher ed/job training with the women in BW's family.

Don't forget the women whose children are abused cause momma is high on drugs. Kids are left with strangers, etc. The sex abuse gets ignored for the next fix.

The minor in the charges is not BW. If it is who I think it is, I hope someone is watching out for her safety.

Uncle Dustin has a myspace page with obviously fictitious ages listed for children in his friends list.

You are suppose to be 13 to even have a facebook, so they lie about their age. They lie about where they live, etc. Sometimes they just do this to be funny and don't even see it as lying. FB is not always real life.

The minor in the charges is not BW. If it is who I think it is, I hope someone is watching out for her safety.

Praying for her safety and peace of mind...and for her to have unconditional empathy and support from the adults around her.

You are suppose to be 13 to even have a facebook, so they lie about their age. They lie about where they live, etc. Sometimes they just do this to be funny and don't even see it as lying. FB is not always real life.

Dustin is an adult....one of the uncles just arrested

i have family/friends whos 8-9 yr olds have FB and they see nothing wrong with it!

My son is 10 and he is not even allowed on the internet at all. PERIOD!

Per the statements about there being more to come, what might that be? Could there be individuals involved who are not family members? Or are we talking about additional family members? I assume there will be some charges for anyone who concealed these crimes but did not take part in them.

I keep coming back to that lake house, and I have this horrible image of a party that turned into something disgusting involving multiple family members. Could it have been a single night that led to all of this?

So does she have a son as well? Or maybe this person was confused about her child's sex? Does the age work?

I wonder b/c if this doesn't match up at all it could probably be discredited.

There are several topix like that one. They are about girls with the same name but who live in different states. That one is particular was posted by people who live in Kentucky.

Her mom has a 1 yr old son and a 3 yr old daughter. BW has a 3 yr old daughter. CW and BW were pregnant with girls at the same time.

BW's stepfather was in a boating accident May 30, 2009, and his brother-in-law went missing and drowned. I wonder if it was Chessie's bro or if it was his sister's husband who drowned. Three yrs. later almost to the day, BW goes missing. How sad for this family.

It looks like he and Chessie take good care of BW's half siblings who are very young. They are always clean/well dressed.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2009/may/30/search_for_missing_boater-ar-2128478/

Her mom has a 1 yr old son and a 3 yr old daughter. BW has a 3 yr old daughter. CW and BW were pregnant with girls at the same time.

I'm not sure how important it is, but the girls are just 2 years old. On her Facebook page, CW has quite a few photos of both with dates, in case anyone is interested.

As for that comment on topix, AH is in the photos at the hospital when PH was born. For those who've read it, I hope my point is made well enough. I'm not going to repeat that slander.

Another thing I just realized that makes sense now that we were talking about several pages ago...

Even though their lives are posted all over FB we never saw anything from ANY family member wondering why DH committed suicide... they didn't have to wonder why!

Wow... I'm still just so shocked... THREE uncles! THREE!!! damn...

:rage::rage::rage:

Topix pages are a troll's playground... anyone can post anything about anyone without reason and do it anonymously.

I hate pages like that... some are even worse where you can post pictures and if you are the target of jealousy or hatred very often it is very difficult if not impossible to have it removed.

Another thing I just realized that makes sense now that we were talking about several pages ago...

Even though their lives are posted all over FB we never saw anything from ANY family member wondering why DH committed suicide... they didn't have to wonder why!

Wow... I'm still just so shocked... THREE uncles! THREE!!! damn...

:rage::rage::rage:

And according to the news article, 3 uncles is just the tip of the iceberg...geesh! What is next?

<modsnip>

That is a different Brittney Wood. Hope everyone sees this! It's a BW in KY, not our BW. The post I was referring to earlier specifically mentions a missing girl and who DH was molesting. Again: any Topix posts from KY are NOT about Brittney from Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3