AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...oves-to-Grand-Bay/DIwWjoPKHk-ayWp0tFd_0A.cspx

"(GRAND BAY, Ala.) The search for missing teen mom Brittney Wood has now moved to the Grand Bay area. Mobile Police have told the family evidence points to Mobile County as the best place to search."

"Efforts in Baldwin County were suspended early on Friday once the family discovered Brittney's cell phone was turned on six days after she was reported missing.

"When you deal with so many cases like we do that don't always end up very favorably. Every single one that ends favorably we are very happy about," said Brad Dennis who organized the Baldwin County search teams this week.

Searchers say Brittney could be in trouble, scared, or simply hiding. The hope is that she's alive."

I'm going with drugs and money. Or the lack of.

Same link: "Mobile Police say Brittney is in no way in trouble with the law."

I guess that clears any involvement with Uncle Donnie's demise?

This could very well be a facebook glitch but Brittney's friends count has increased 45-50 in the last day or 2.

This could very well be a facebook glitch but Brittney's friends count has increased 45-50 in the last day or 2.

Yeah...I noticed it said she had added 3 friends in June...so I'm wondering if a) she added them in the wee hours of the night before disappearing, or b) if someone has accessed her account since her disappearance, and added the new friends. Huh. :waitasec:

Yeah...I noticed it said she had added 3 friends in June...so I'm wondering if a) she added them in the wee hours of the night before disappearing, or b) if someone has accessed her account since her disappearance, and added the new friends. Huh. :waitasec:

It doesn't have to be either of those. She could have sent friend requests a long time ago and the people have only just accepted them.

I still feel someone is tampering with this investigation. MOO I believe someone had her phone and turned it on and put it in Grand Bay to move the investigation away from where it needs to be.

I'm thinking the same thing, and whoever has her phone also knows what happened to her is my guess . And also could have access to her FB account? My guess is the searches where getting to close to where she is.

It doesn't have to be either of those. She could have sent friend requests a long time ago and the people have only just accepted them.

Something I am absolutely positive about is that Brittney's profile pic has changed from the one she had on there earlier on in the case.

I began following the case when it appeared on WS. In that very first thread someone posted Brittney's fb address. Of course I checked it out.
I remember being confused as to "which girl' on the profile pic was Brittney. The profile pic then was of 2 girls (Brittney & a friend)
I believe it was a day or two later I noticed it was then changed to a pic just showing BW. My thought was someone in her family changed it so there would be no confusion on what BW looked like..Which still could be the case..But it definitely changed.

I wonder where DH kept his gun - did he travel with it or keep it at home?

Did he leave a suicide note? - if so, was it turned over to LE?

VERY good questions!

I wish we had those answers!

sbm

I wish we had more information from something besides FB...like, where and when exactly was her phone found? Was it even actually found or are they referring more to where it pinged last? Was her phone found at the truck stop?

It bugs me too how many of the posts on her page/about her, seem to be more of the "come home it'll be ok" variety rather than the freaking out variety...I hope she is alive and okay, but I also hope she isn't hiding out scared to come home now due to all the attention...but at the same time, where would she be hiding? for this long and on what resources and with who?

Just typing out my random thoughts:) It seems like the death and disappearance HAVE to be related, I mean what are the odds? But at the same time, what are the odds, you know? Maybe it's the weirdest coincidence ever? *sigh* this story is just baffling.

The phone hasn't been found yet..The last ping was at the Oasis (truck stop)..Now supposedly it rang at Grand Bay after being turned off since soon after she left home for DH's..More on that later.

I guess it's possible she's been with someone this whole time..I don't believe it but can't rule it out either.

"Random thoughts" are always good around here :)

Same link: "Mobile Police say Brittney is in no way in trouble with the law."

I guess that clears any involvement with Uncle Donnie's demise?

Could be.

Or, they're trying to lull her into feeling secure enough to come home if she's hiding........

Thanks to all who have been keeping us updated on the Facebook postings. I don't have an account there, so I have to rely on you guys for the information. :)

New article dated today, tells about le going over cell records right now. Also mention her phone started ringing again & every time a call goes to her phone it'll ping off of a tower that it's nearest to. So, somebody has her cell IMO. Hopefully it's Brittney.

Could she have witnessed her uncles death & maybe panicked, so she ran away & just kept running?

If Brittney is deceased, then why would somebody have kept her cellphone instead of destroying it & throwing it into the river?

Maybe it was found & whoever has it decided to turn it on to see if it works? I have a feeling if a certain family member is involved they're not very experienced in how to 'hide' evidence or anything else to do with covering up a 'crime'.

LE would know if any calls were made on it & to what # so that should help get to the bottom of this.

http://www.local15tv.com/mostpopula...oves-to-Grand-Bay/DIwWjoPKHk-ayWp0tFd_0A.cspx

"(GRAND BAY, Ala.) The search for missing teen mom Brittney Wood has now moved to the Grand Bay area. Mobile Police have told the family evidence points to Mobile County as the best place to search."

"Efforts in Baldwin County were suspended early on Friday once the family discovered Brittney's cell phone was turned on six days after she was reported missing.

"When you deal with so many cases like we do that don't always end up very favorably. Every single one that ends favorably we are very happy about," said Brad Dennis who organized the Baldwin County search teams this week.

Searchers say Brittney could be in trouble, scared, or simply hiding. The hope is that she's alive."

I'm going with drugs and money. Or the lack of.

The family knew long before Friday that the phone began "ringing" again so what's up with that? I don't have the exact date without looking on FB but they posted this around the time of DH's funeral those first few days of June.

I'm kinda surprised at what appears to be Brad's (KlassKids) optimism in this case..IF it's just cos of the phone "ringing" that proves nothing about BW's status..Anyone but her could have her phone & I'm still not convinced WHH didn't have it all along..IF she did crack the code she would've been able to 'delete' some voice mail messages which would have then allowed some incoming calls to go thru..But only for a bit cos I'm sure it got filled up again in a very short period of time with everyone calling trying to find her..Or she may have simply turned it off again.

So, how did it supposedly end up at Grand Bay? Anyone that knew that's some place BW may go (if she doesn't want to be found) would think of ditching it there..WHH was supposedly traveling to Pensacola to "take care of some biz" after the funeral which is why she said she couldn't help with the search but who's to say that's where she really went?

I know I'm focusing a lot on WHH but I don't rule out it being someone other then her..I still think it's very possible someone else was involved in this..Or someone not involved in any of it may have found her phone..Time will tell..I hope!

Anyone could write a suicide note IF one was found..One conclusive way to tell IF DH killed himself would be gun powder residue on him..At least that's what I've heard about this issue..Surely, LE would have ways to determine the truth of the matter..But they're NOT talking about this angle :banghead:

Good Q about the gun but I doubt we'll ever know.

She's def the bio daughter of DH..She talked about her "dad" passing away & praying for her "step-mom" & "brothers & sisters"..We know she has 1 half-sister & 2 half-bros from her dad's marriage to WHH..How many others there are we don't know but at least 1 other sister & this brother that spoke to the media.

eta to my own prior post..She also posted something about "EVIL" ppl in this world..I wonder WHO she's referring to? Could be her step-mom OR the many ppl making comments re: her dead dad's involvement in BW's disappearance..Or both?

I'm lost or dense, probably both. Did WWH have the phone and go through it deleting messsages and now it pinged from Grand Bay?

Brittney has 2 friends on facebook with the same first name mentioned in the interview with her mother that she was going to see. One with the end part spelled ...ney, one ending spelled .ny (But her friend/s said she was going to see her uncle.) The ...ny one's info says she resides in Grand Bay. That might be the Grand Bay connection.

I'm lost or dense, probably both. Did WWH have the phone and go through it deleting messsages and now it pinged from Grand Bay?

We don't know IF she ever had the phone but she was telling the WORLD on her FB page that she was trying to "crack the code" on BW's phone..She didn't ever say how so it was either by calling it & trying to get into her voicemail, trying to get into her phone co. account online to view her calls & see who she was texting with, or she had the phone..She said she was trying to help get some clues to FIND Brittany.

It was said later on FB by a relative (cousin of BW, IIRC) that she did "crack the code" & then "deleted" some things..She would have to actually have the phone or access to her voicemail to do that..Obviously, she wanted anything to do with her hubby's connection to a then missing BW gone?

The phone "pinged" near the Lake House at a truck stop that Thursday night around midnight or so..Nothing else til it was detected that her phone was turned on some place in Grand Bay..I'm not sure exactly when but it was days after it "pinged" at Oasis & when she went missing/uncle killed himself.

Hope this helps..It IS kinda confusing!

I have had a few people that I know pass away and after they do, the family who has access to the deceased facebook page accepts the friend requests that come in after the death. (I assume that the same would happen for a missing person) Most of the time it is people who knew the person and want to "facebook friend" the person so that they can leave a message or read all of the condolences.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members