AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, this is my first post and while I have gone back through the threads and read the amazing analysis you all have done I may have missed something important, so apologies if this is a dumb question: in one exerpt from a news article a neighbor commented on seeing Brittney sitting on a tree swing, and she looked at the neighbor but did not respond to the neighbor's wave. This was on the day she disappeared? I wasn't clear on where she was when this happened. The neighbor's description of her just sitting there struck me as really odd. Do any of you find that description ominious, like maybe she might have been injured in some way, or drugged, or possibly in shock by having found out something?

A great big fat Welcome to you Wampuscat!

If my recollections are correct, this sighting on the swing was discounted fairly early on, it couldn't have been Brittney, I think it was someone who looked liked her? There were a few early "sightings" that didn't add up to anything.

Good Points.

This is just a guess, but I think maybe the plan was to make it look like a murder/suicide and the plan failed because after they "offed" Brittany, they could not get Donnie in the right situation to "off" him on the same day. Once too many days passed, they realized the plan would not work, so they hid victim 1, and then went through with the faked suicide for Donnie.

The reason I keep thinking this is because of the crap "story" about keeping 2 bullets in the gun. Nobody does this, except

The only way 2 bullets would be kept in a gun is if the gun only could hold 2 bullets. Im not sure if we know the exact make and model of the gun in question, but there does exist certain .25 caliber derringers that only hold 2 shots. This would be the only way I would believe what we heard about the 2shots. Here is a link that shows these type of 2 shot derringers

https://www.google.com/images?q=cob..._group&ei=6vGjUo3rNafP2wWym4DoBA&ved=0CEIQsAQ

Playing devil's advocate here, if the there was a plan for a "murder/suicide" set up, (which I think likely), and there was some delay between murdering Brittney and being able to murder Donnie, why would this matter? To me it would still seem plausible that a man who had murdered his niece is overcome by guilt and then goes on to kill himself 36 hours later. (Especially since the family knew that that wasn't all that Donnie had on his plate, and knew that LE was aware of this)

To me it seems that there remains a small chance that Donnie did murder Brittney, and then suicide, but I would have expected Brittney's body to be found early on in this case, and also that Donnie might have confided to Wendy, along with him "not wanting to go to jail for something that he hadn't done", something about his remorse about Brittney's death.

In fact, the lack of anything like that- throwing Donnie under the bus about Brittney-(truthfully or otherwise), makes me wonder.

The two bullets thing is really weird. I had always thought it was a way to convince LE that the gun had only been shot once since Brittney left her mother's house. I didn't know that some guns had such a small capacity.

Steph, I'm sorry to be typing the above. Every day I wonder if today is the day we will find out, oh, may it be soon!

Do you have to buy a huge box of bullets for $40+ or can you buy a few bullets? It's so darn weird to own a gun with only two bullets.

Everything they said must be investigated, IMO. Suppose the gun really had 4 bullets, and they lied about the 2 bullets because they already used that gun on somebody else.

When buying ammunition at a normal store, you always have to buy a "box" of shells. You can never buy just single bullets anywhere that I know of, and nor would you ever want to. Most boxes of shells come in varying counts, usually like 50, 100, etc.

BBM Here's where we left off. That headline has the word "murder" in it. The letters, if legitimate, make me think someone was worried about Brittney naming names. That specific mention of Jennifer, who I thought of as on the fringe, makes her more important as a key player. There's been 11 arrests since Donnie's death and my head is spinning from this bunch of suspicious characters. Something was going on, more than the already horrendous family holiday rituals. If someone else harmed Brittney, then I don't want them to get away with it. Plus that would mean they likely killed Donnie too.

Letters point to motive for murder
Authorities to also reopen suicide investigation
By Andrew Perez

"MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Sources confirm to FOX10 News authorities are taking a second look at the apparent suicide of Donald Holland, Sr. He is the uncle and last person seen with Brittney Wood, who disappeared May 30, 2012."

"Authorities are revisiting evidence to determine exactly how he died."

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/letters-point-to-motive-for-murder

Playing devil's advocate here, if the there was a plan for a "murder/suicide" set up, (which I think likely), and there was some delay between murdering Brittney and being able to murder Donnie, why would this matter? To me it would still seem plausible that a man who had murdered his niece is overcome by guilt and then goes on to kill himself 36 hours later. (Especially since the family knew that that wasn't all that Donnie had on his plate, and knew that LE was aware of this)

To me it seems that there remains a small chance that Donnie did murder Brittney, and then suicide, but I would have expected Brittney's body to be found early on in this case, and also that Donnie might have confided to Wendy, along with him "not wanting to go to jail for something that he hadn't done", something about his remorse about Brittney's death.

In fact, the lack of anything like that- throwing Donnie under the bus about Brittney-(truthfully or otherwise), makes me wonder.

The two bullets thing is really weird. I had always thought it was a way to convince LE that the gun had only been shot once since Brittney left her mother's house. I didn't know that some guns had such a small capacity.

Steph, I'm sorry to be typing the above. Every day I wonder if today is the day we will find out, oh, may it be soon!

I was thinking that if a faked "murder/suicide" was in the planning, then the timing would be critical to make it all happen on the same day to get both victims in the same general vicinity (maybe even in the truck together) and happening at same time. That would be the only way to make it very obvious to try to fool LE that it was a murder/suicide situation. Like wiping the gun clean of prints and forcing prints on the gun of just Donnie's hand. Having both victims close by at the same time in same general location would be the only way to make it very obvious. Anything else would be just too complex.

Which is why I feel if others were involved and they had already murdered Brittany, but could not get Donnie to get to where they needed him, then they just decided to hide Brittany in a totally different spot with the hopes nobody will ever find her. It may have took them a few days to get Donnie in the situation they needed him to make it look like he killed himself in his truck.

But you are correct that its possible that he may have actually killed Brittany himself some days earlier and then decided to kill himself when he realized he was probably going to jail no matter what. I do think that is possible, but I would think others would be quick to start accusing him of her disappearance if that were the case.

One of the things that really makes me very suspicous of others being involved is they dont seem to be accusing Donnie of her disappearance at all (unless I missed that). It seems to me that if others were innocent, they would be quick to start accusing him of Brittany's disappearance or demise. It seems they would be very quick to start accusing him and it would not matter whether they know for sure or not if he did it. This makes me very suspicous that they are afraid to accuse him because of their own guilt in the matter.

All just guesses of course, and I too hope deep down that Brittany is miraculously still alive somehow. Unfortunately, IMO, its a slim hope for me due to all the time that has passed and also since the arrests already, it seems she could feel safe to go to LE with all she knows by now.

I guess it depends on what kind of man Donnie was. I didn't know him or hear anything good about him. He did numerous outrageous, horrible things from what keeps coming out about him. Somebody else could've been even more scared to be included in an investigation.

JMO, Donnie never struck me as the type of man who would be overcome with guilt and remorse for anything he did. Sounded like he could've been fearless.

Hi everyone, this is my first post and while I have gone back through the threads and read the amazing analysis you all have done I may have missed something important, so apologies if this is a dumb question: in one exerpt from a news article a neighbor commented on seeing Brittney sitting on a tree swing, and she looked at the neighbor but did not respond to the neighbor's wave. This was on the day she disappeared? I wasn't clear on where she was when this happened. The neighbor's description of her just sitting there struck me as really odd. Do any of you find that description ominious, like maybe she might have been injured in some way, or drugged, or possibly in shock by having found out something?

Welcome! It is not 100% certain that was Brittney on the swing. Before I post more on it, I would feel better going back and reading what BritStepMom posted regarding the swing. Mostly I wanted to welcome you and fresh thoughts on this case are very much needed.

I recollect the neighbour who saw that girl on the swing 'withdrew' that sighting.

Or was that the other sighting by the girl with grudge?

About the gun; I was wondering if you'd buy a gun with just two bullets left in it if someone had used it during a crime, and wanted to get rid of it quick? Or if you thought your house was about to be searched, and you were not allowed to have it there? I even think Brittney might have been desperate enough to take it from another relative's house.

I'd like to know where it is now - did it get returned to Brittney's next of kin?

I recollect the neighbour who saw that girl on the swing 'withdrew' that sighting.

Or was that the other sighting by the girl with grudge?

About the gun; I was wondering if you'd buy a gun with just two bullets left in it if someone had used it during a crime, and wanted to get rid of it quick? Or if you thought your house was about to be searched, and you were not allowed to have it there? I even think Brittney might have been desperate enough to take it from another relative's house.

I'd like to know where it is now - did it get returned to Brittney's next of kin?

From what I was told the gun is still with LE.

BBM Here's where we left off. That headline has the word "murder" in it. The letters, if legitimate, make me think someone was worried about Brittney naming names. That specific mention of Jennifer, who I thought of as on the fringe, makes her more important as a key player. There's been 11 arrests since Donnie's death and my head is spinning from this bunch of suspicious characters. Something was going on, more than the already horrendous family holiday rituals. If someone else harmed Brittney, then I don't want them to get away with it. Plus that would mean they likely killed Donnie too.

Letters point to motive for murder
Authorities to also reopen suicide investigation
By Andrew Perez

"MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Sources confirm to FOX10 News authorities are taking a second look at the apparent suicide of Donald Holland, Sr. He is the uncle and last person seen with Brittney Wood, who disappeared May 30, 2012."

"Authorities are revisiting evidence to determine exactly how he died."

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mobile-county/letters-point-to-motive-for-murder

The word 'pertaining' feels so out of place in this letter!! Like it was written by someone as someone else told the story! If that makes sense :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, I don't believe if Donnie murdered Brittney he was alone. I mentioned earlier the jail birds would be chirping to throw him under the bus.

I am starting to believe Donnie and Brittney were both murdered by this sick ring. I am wondering if there was a plan to setup Donnie's murder to look like a suicide because he murdered Brittney. Allegedly had her gun, allegedly had her cellphone battery, etc...Some people want us to believe Brittney went to confront Donnie. The story they want us to believe could begin right here. Britt allegedly confronts Donnie, Donnie gets mad kills Britt and then himself. In my opinion, this is the story some people are pushing. In my opinion, these sick people came up with a thought, thinking if they got rid of Brittney and Donnie the sex abuse investigation would end. Abuser kills victim and himself, end of story. At least that is what I think some people would like for us to believe.

I still think the person responsible for Brittney being missing may be further up the pedophile chain. The family probably knew at the point Brittney went missing they are already caught. But who is it that thought if Brittney went missing they could get by with it? If one of the family or a friend was selling videos/pictures who was buying them?

Could Brittney coming up missing have been a strong threat to DH and the rest of the family to keep their mouths shut? Were they being blackmailed?

Could DH have decided to tell all to LE that morning and was taken out because of it?

I still think the person responsible for Brittney being missing may be further up the pedophile chain. The family probably knew at the point Brittney went missing they are already caught. But who is it that thought if Brittney went missing they could get by with it? If one of the family or a friend was selling videos/pictures who was buying them?

Could Brittney coming up missing have been a strong threat to DH and the rest of the family to keep their mouths shut? Were they being blackmailed?

Could DH have decided to tell all to LE that morning and was taken out because of it?

I agree and some family is pert near invisible this entire 18 months. We're focused on the loud of a dozen. Zoom out.

But whether it takes another week, month, year, the invisibility cloak is leaking. LE has all they need, just dotting i's & making it appeal proof. IMO

ETA: Did I dream 8 more arrests coming or reading an old story? Can't find it today.

I too agree there is a possibility there is someone further up this sick chain that may be responsible. Whether they are responsible for planning or executing the alleged murders. There is someone or more than one yet to be arrested, imo. Another good point, who was responsible for buying or even distributing the videos/pictures? I mean seriously we don't know how far this ring goes. They appear to have been pretty brazen in their actions. Did they actually in some way feel protected?

When buying ammunition at a normal store, you always have to buy a "box" of shells. You can never buy just single bullets anywhere that I know of, and nor would you ever want to. Most boxes of shells come in varying counts, usually like 50, 100, etc.

Hi Hatfield!

MSM reported the gun is a Raven .25 ACP. I think we should research whether Raven made a Derringer, I don't believe they did at least not under the name Raven. Davis Industries which was connected to Raven did make a Derringer. I think it also depends on how Brittney came to possess the gun, if she ever really did. If it was from a drug trade, it is feasible the gun came with 2 bullets. I wouldn't think Brittney nor the person trading the gun really were gun enthusiasts, if you KWIM. I don't see Brittney purchasing ammo.

Investigators confirm the Raven .25-caliber handgun Holland used in the suicide belonged to Wood.

http://www.fox10tv.com/news/brittney-woods-family-posts-reward-fliers

If we go with the scenario Brittney was carrying a gun to protect herself, I guess we have to go with the probability she didn't get a chance to use it.

A stranger grabbing her would not have known Brittney was carrying a gun. I think she would have used it, even if she only managed to fire one bullet before the gun was taken from her. The only thing that makes sense to me is that Brittney was disappeared by someone she knew and she just did not see it coming. Afterwards, they stole her gun. Along with her bag and phone too, I suspect. I don't think they'll be found with Brittney.

Given what we have seen so far, I still think Brittney's bag and possessions may have been hidden in a really dumb place, and might still be findable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston