AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you think that sounds harsh. Makes perfectly good sense to me. Who eliminated Britt?

Taking a cue from Chessie... I'll go with her latest theory. The twins. One of them is guilty and one of them knows.
Q: Well, what about your sisters?
Ya, I believe, if...I believe one of them, I have, been brought to my attention that one of them has knowledge at least and the other one is guilty. And it hurts. These are my sisters I grew up with. It's not nothing. They didn't just hurt their children. They hurt mine, too.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10048163#post10048163
http://videos.al.com/mobile-press-register/2013/10/chessie_wood_press_conference.html

It is my understanding that Brittney called Donald to come pick her up. This is after she
v1. Left Chessie's house happy as a lark.
v2. Left Chessie's house after an argument with Chessie over babysitting.
v3. Left Chessie's house to confront Donald over sex crimes.

Which version is the truth?

Also, IIRC between the departure from Chessie's house and being picked up by Donald, Brittney called AH (P's dad) to hang out and he declined. Per Britt's stepmom, he noticed nothing unusual in her demeanor on this voice call.

And at what point, did Wendy alert the family that the detectives were at Wendy's house interviewing Wendy that very same night? And it was months before we learned that they were there:
1. Not looking for Brittney.
2. Not looking for Donald.
3. To interview Wendy.

Thank you KateB for your input.
If Brittney called Donald to pick her up...
Did she simply need a ride somewhere?
Did she want to discuss his upcoming court appearance?

Confront him over sex crimes....this doesn't seem logical at this point simply because he is not accused of sexually abusing her or her child.
Would she then become the family crusader since no one else would speak out?
Has she done anything in her past, including the content of FB messages or conversations with others that would lead one to think that?
I don't see any indication of that from what I've read.

Lets examine the first two options.

With what was going on with the family from a legal standpoint, how could she be happy as a lark?
Several members of her family were soon to be indicted, right?
Even if she believed it poetic justice, its still family...

More than likely, she left after arguing with Chessie, which has no nefarious meanings or she may have been going to meet with Donald to discuss the pending court appearance, but not to necessarily confront him about it. He is an intimidating looking man so I don't think she would anger him in that way.

The timing tells me that they were going to discuss the pending court case.
Was Brittney scheduled to testify, or had she talked to an attorney already?

If possible could someone tell me exactly where the main events occured so I can look them up on Google Earth.
I would like to get a better visual perspective of the case.

Short answer due to time restraints - I'm thrilled to have all the fresh eyes on Brittney.

suicide map noting Wendy's home at the time in Fairhope and where Donald was found immediately after his alleged suicide attempt: (Donald did not reside there, he resided at the Styx River property aka party house, Jennifer's family's property and where Brittney traveled to after Donald picked her up.)
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...19-Mobile-31-May-2012-3&p=8096236#post8096236

Case map: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=30.584726,-88.052673&spn=0.605303,1.352692

I personally think Brittney was not shocked, alarmed or angry, only paranoid of any and all interactions with law enforcement. IIRC, Britt's stepmom said she hung out with friends after that FB exchange, the evening/night of 5/27/2014 and nothing in her demeanor seemed odd to them.

Hi Gunther!

The investigation into the sex crimes had already started earlier that year, Holland was due to go to the PD that day. So silencing Brittney and only her would not change the fact that the truth was unravelling. I personally think his death made it easier for the victims to unload all of this horror.

Lash.... it is my understanding the reporter spoke with LE among many while in Mobile for the report. I'm sure if Steph comes back she can clarify that.

My thoughts are: since Britt already testified about one monster, she would be willing/able to do it again. By killing her, it would send a message to the others and keep them quiet. Fortunately, it did the opposite.

While I would love to believe she has escaped somewhere, she is fairly young and it is difficult these days to disappear. She would have either been found or came home on her own by now. I do not believe she left on her own volition.

As for Donnie, I am not convinced he was the one in charge. He was very involved but I think there is someone else who had more power and who was worried that donnie would testify against in order to get a lower sentence. I think he was murdered.

Seems like a lot have the opinion that Britt shot Donnie and is now in hiding!!!!
How I wish this were true. At this point, she would have absolutely no problem convincing a jury it was self defense. Maybe a "Burning Bed" type self defense but a good attorney would have no problem getting a jury to believe it or even pleading out to probation. But sadly, I do not think this is what happened.

I still remember when one of the twins wrote something about Brittney saying she was going to Texas very early in the case on her FB. I think it was Wendy. Does anyone else remember that? I still hope Brittney took off, but I never did believe that she did.

I still remember when one of the twins wrote something about Brittney saying she was going to Texas very early in the case on her FB. I think it was Wendy. Does anyone else remember that? I still hope Brittney took off, but I never did believe that she did.

I believe the Texas thing started with a comment Brittney wrote herself on her facebook about the ex-boyfriend she knew there. So many people read that and suggested to law enforcement to check him out. And according to Britt's stepmom, he was thoroughly checked out and that had been eliminated as a dead end.

I have been studying the timeline/map and a few questions come up.

Brittney leaves mothers home @ 7:30 and goes with Donnie.
3 hours later...
Her phone pings 40-50 miles away. It also states that she received texts.
Is it certain that it was her that received the texts? Did she talk to anyone?

1:37 AM her phone pings way back near Tillman's corners at a truck stop.
It also states that she sent texts...has that been proven?
Was it actually her that did the texting and who did she text?
The fact that she was able to text (assuming it was her) tells me she was not being held against her will.

I am surprised that more information from the cell towers is not forthcoming.

There are literally over a hundred towers in the area.

towers.JPG

Check it out here.
http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=tillmans+corner&state_abr=al

What is also interesting is Donnie attempting to text and call Brittney
Killers do this in an effort to establish an alibi and distance themselves from the crime. He had to have taken her to Grand Bay, right?
Could she have texted him?
Why did he leave her there?

• I have and continue to find typos in reports(media).
It was Wed 5/30 around between 7:20pm and 7:30 DH picked Brittney up. Her last Styx River ping was 12:07am 5/31 Thurs and her phones very LAST ping was 1hour 30 mins later in Grand bay @ 1:37am 5/31 Thurs. So all over a 6 hour window.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9-Mobile-31-May-2012-10&p=9994773#post9994773
It has been theorized that the stray ping from a single text sent from Grand Bay (to someone she had also texted to earlier that evening) could have been a text not sent yet still in her phone that autosent on power on. I believe only her phone went there or it would have pinged along the route if she was a constant texter as has been suggested. And remember Donnie's phone never pinged from Grand Bay either. But they had pinged together for several hours from the Styx River area.

It has been said that all the text recepients were interviewed and all believed it to be Brittney but obviously we know that leaves the possibility that it wasn't. I tend to use the 7pm-ish for the last absolutely known to be alive phone call with AH since it was voice. But the general consensus is she went to Styx to hang out and did for a few hours and that it wasn't unusual.

I don't think Donald went to Grand Bay. And I don't think Brittney alive did either. Her phone did by the evidence. And what distinguishes her phone battery so uniquely from all the other identical phones in the same family? That battery now being presented as fact as being hers is still lies being repeated over & over again until now its in the AP. IMO.

Donnie's phone pinged in Tillman's Corner near the same time Brittney's pinged at Grand Bay. We have a chart here somewhere.

KateB, I continue to be amazed at your organizational skills. It helps tremendously. :happydance:

I'm still convinced Dustin Kent had more motive to silence Donnie than any of the other players. He's blamed Donnie all along, saying he made Dustin do the terrible acts. Too bad we'll never hear Donnie's testimony. Remember - we have two men who picked up Brittney at her mom's house.

:fence:

Donnie's phone pinged in Tillman's Corner near the same time Brittney's pinged at Grand Bay. We have a chart here somewhere.

KateB, I continue to be amazed at your organizational skills. It helps tremendously. :happydance:

I'm still convinced Dustin Kent had more motive to silence Donnie than any of the other players. He's blamed Donnie all along, saying he made Dustin do the terrible acts. Too bad we'll never hear Donnie's testimony. Remember - we have two men who picked up Brittney at her mom's house.

:fence:

Haha! I was just re-reading an earlier post of yours and realize I left out v1.1 about that very point. Let me revise this list from earlier:

It is my understanding that Brittney called Donald to come pick her up. This is after she:
v1. Left Chessie's house happy as a lark to go to visit her girlfriend.
v1.1 Left Chessie's house when Donald pulled up to the end of Chessie's driveway to get her.
v2. Left Chessie's house after an argument with Chessie over babysitting.
v3. Left Chessie's house to confront Donald over sex crimes.

I keep going back to this video: http://youtu.be/yIi3xWcMakk
This is *before* any of the sex crime arrests and I still believe might be the only time we heard the truth from Brittney's mother: "I really don't think he'd hurt my baby."

"IF" and a huge "IF" Brittney shot Donald, then there would be absolutely NO reason for her not to come forward when it was stated he committed suicide!!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...9-Mobile-31-May-2012-10&p=9994773#post9994773
It has been theorized that the stray ping from a single text sent from Grand Bay (to someone she had also texted to earlier that evening) could have been a text not sent yet still in her phone that autosent on power on. I believe only her phone went there or it would have pinged along the route if she was a constant texter as has been suggested. And remember Donnie's phone never pinged from Grand Bay either. But they had pinged together for several hours from the Styx River area.

It has been said that all the text recepients were interviewed and all believed it to be Brittney but obviously we know that leaves the possibility that it wasn't. I tend to use the 7pm-ish for the last absolutely known to be alive phone call with AH since it was voice. But the general consensus is she went to Styx to hang out and did for a few hours and that it wasn't unusual.

I don't think Donald went to Grand Bay. And I don't think Brittney alive did either. Her phone did by the evidence. And what distinguishes her phone battery so uniquely from all the other identical phones in the same family? That battery now being presented as fact as being hers is still lies being repeated over & over again until now its in the AP. IMO.

The reason I asked if it was certain that it was Brittney texting...
Is it possible that there was a struggle in the truck and the phone fell out of her pocket?
Like, down on the side of the seat near the door.

Did the people she supposedly texted truly believe it was her?
If she was stranded at Grand Bay, why not call Donnie to pick her up?
How did she get there if he didn't take her?

Most, if not all modern Cell phones have GPS built right in which allows a cell phone to be tracked.
Did law enforcement attempt to track her phone, or his?

Here is an article on tracking cell phones to give some insight.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-track-a-cell-phone/

Obviously too late to track her phone now, but if his is still in use maybe its in some memory bank on the phone?

I think I read that her cell phone battery was found in his truck..
How did it get removed from the phone...through a struggle?
If not, it was a deliberate act to remove it.

I watched the video hat has been mentioned in this thread.
Here are some afterthoughts.

According to the video...
Brittney told her mother she was going to her girlfriend's.
She told her girlfriend she was going by her uncle.
Why lie to her mother?

Was Donnie into drugs?
Was Brittney?

If so, it seems plausible that Brittney might have made arrangements with Donnie to go with him to get high?
And Donnie, being part of the incest group may have made sexual advances on Brittney, or possible rape?

After which he might have panicked if she threatened to call the cops.

Is there any merit to this line of reasoning?

According to BrittsStepMom Donnie sold prescription pills.

• I was told it was Loratab 7.5mg street value $4 each and Oxycontin 60mg IDK street value of those and he got them mid month and that's when Britt got the new sim card 5/15/12 and mins for the phone. I never heard mention of methadone only the 2 pain meds for a bad back (disk I think)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10506655#post10506655

Please, bear with me a little here.
When I post I am actually thinking out loud so if my posts seem a little rattled its because I am reasoning as I type.

If I am understanding things correctly...

cellphone.JPG

Brittney's phone pings on 5/30 between 8:20 and 11:20 in the Rosinton Styx River area.
Donnie's phone also had activity at the same time and I assume from the same area, right?

This location is just down the road from Donnie's Styx River home so it stands to reason that they were actually at the home at the time.

Donnie's home is on or near Water World Road.
The police actually did a search of the area, right?

Okay, lets assume for a moment that Donnie killed her at or near his home.
What is his next step?

If he puts the body in his truck and proceeds left on Water World, he comes up to Hwy. 64 and the Oasis Truck stop.
Which also means that there's a good chance that there are people around. He would know this so I think (if he in fact did kill her there) he went right on Water World toward the Styx River shooting center. There are only a few homes in that direction.

The only other alternative is if he did go left, he would likely turn north down the little trail that leads to the wooded area near the Styx river just west of the indicator of Brittney's cell phone ping on the Satellite map. That road circles all the way around and comes out at the shooting center.

I would definitely search the length of that road for her body if it had not been done yet.

At midnight on the 31st, Donnie leaves the area headed back toward Tillmans Corner.

If he did kill her, I assume he took her phone with him to make sure it is not found at his home. So, is he smart enough to have removed the battery from her phone to avoid it pinging on the way?
I don't know.

His phone pings at Tillman at 1:00 AM
Hers pings at 1:37 from about 15 miles away at Grand Bay.

Inexplicably the same text message gets sent that was sent at 11:20?
That doesn't make any sense.

If he is smart enough to remove the battery, its conceivable that he disposed of her phone near Grand Bay after sending the text, which would also prevent any pings headed back toward Tillman.
Since the battery was found in his truck, maybe he just absentmindedly forgot to dispose of it.

To cover his tracks, he keeps trying to contact her, to no avail.

Pardon my rambling, but its how I formulate hypotheses in these types of cases.

Gunther, I quoted, then deleted the quote brackets & put my opinions in italics.

The reason I asked if it was certain that it was Brittney texting...
Is it possible that there was a struggle in the truck and the phone fell out of her pocket?
Like, down on the side of the seat near the door.
Anything is possible. IIRC, only the battery was found down in between the seats

Did the people she supposedly texted truly believe it was her? Yes
If she was stranded at Grand Bay, why not call Donnie to pick her up?
How did she get there if he didn't take her?

We don't know for a fact that she ever was in Grand Bay.

Most, if not all modern Cell phones have GPS built right in which allows a cell phone to be tracked.
Did law enforcement attempt to track her phone, or his?

His was never missing but the phone records were given to BrittsStepMom along with Brittney's.

Here is an article on tracking cell phones to give some insight.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-track-a-cell-phone/

Obviously too late to track her phone now, but if his is still in use maybe its in some memory bank on the phone?
Wendy had possession of his phone often and took possession of it before even calling 911 while Donald was dying. She also was able to hack the PIN on Brittney's server side voice mail and deleted over 5 minutes of messages stored there. (Source: media thread, Lash's categorized statements from BrittsStepMom.) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10486407#post10486407

I think I read that her cell phone battery was found in his truck..
How did it get removed from the phone...through a struggle?
If not, it was a deliberate act to remove it.
Yes, and it was not found until AFTER law enforcement returned the truck to Wendy. (conveniently, if I may add.)

I watched the video hat has been mentioned in this thread.
Here are some afterthoughts.

According to the video...
Brittney told her mother she was going to her girlfriend's.
She told her girlfriend she was going by her uncle.
Why lie to her mother?

Was Donnie into drugs? Prescription drugs.
Was Brittney? One theory is that she might have assisted converting the prescription pills to cash for him.
If so, it seems plausible that Brittney might have made arrangements with Donnie to go with him to get high?
And Donnie, being part of the incest group may have made sexual advances on Brittney, or possible rape?

Anything is possible but it has been said repeatedly that Donald was her favorite uncle & the affection was mutual.

After which he might have panicked if she threatened to call the cops.

Is there any merit to this line of reasoning?
Yes, but with the implication from LE that the hand written letters (who wrote the letters to Wendy?) released in the press in Nov 2013 contained a motive for murder (a past murder or murder plot yet to be executed?), as well as the suicide investigation being re-opened at the same time and now the exact location of the bullet wound in Donald's head...makes me think the focus on Donald most likely being Brittney's killer is wrong and was a setup. MOO

I believe the Texas thing started with a comment Brittney wrote herself on her facebook about the ex-boyfriend she knew there. So many people read that and suggested to law enforcement to check him out. And according to Britt's stepmom, he was thoroughly checked out and that had been eliminated as a dead end.

But....wasn't he actually there around the time she went missing.
He was not in Texas.

But....wasn't he actually there around the time she went missing.
He was not in Texas.

I think so, but would have to go back to the early threads and re-read and not going there now. I classify that with the bogus sighting of Brittney on a swing by the neighbor that was determined to be false, and Paul Jr posted on a FB media thread that that sighting is proof of her being alive after someone put a bullet in Donald's head. All smoke to me. But I'd like to be wrong on this one.

The ground search particulars are all in this SAR thread - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?222737-Brittney-Wood

<snip>
His phone pings at Tillman at 1:00 AM
Hers pings at 1:37 from about 15 miles away at Grand Bay.

Inexplicably the same text message gets sent that was sent at 11:20?
That doesn't make any sense.

If he is smart enough to remove the battery, its conceivable that he disposed of her phone near Grand Bay after sending the text, which would also prevent any pings headed back toward Tillman.
Since the battery was found in his truck, maybe he just absentmindedly forgot to dispose of it.

To cover his tracks, he keeps trying to contact her, to no avail.

Pardon my rambling, but its how I formulate hypotheses in these types of cases.

snipped for focus -

You're catching up quickly! I wish I had more answers and wish I could stick to a single theory. But there's too many suspects. Your understanding of the case is accurate, except this one little snippet that I probably could have worded better in a previous post.
The stray text/ping from Grand Bay from Brittney's phone was to one of the same boys (he couldn't remember what the text was about - presumably drugs.) she had texted with earlier in the evening pinging from the Styx River tower. The content of any of the texts is not available so I didn't mean to imply the same text was sent from a single ping from a Grand Bay tower, but that it was sent to a same person she'd texted with earlier in the evening.

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member