AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I posted June 2nd originally. Then thinking about it, went back to the timeline to verify and it says June 1 so I fixed it. - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10031303#post10031303

May 30th, 2012 was a Wednesday and the last time Brittney was seen alive. Her phone pings at 1:37AM on
May 31st, 2012 Thursday so the official date last known to be alive is May 31. Approximately 40 hours later, Donald is found shot. 1:37AM Thursday to 1:37 AM Friday is 24 hours. 16 hours later would be 17:37, say 5:30pm Friday. (Give or take, I"m not sure what BrittsStepMom counts 40 hours from 7pm or the 1am)
Now on my fingers. Wed to Thursday to Friday 30-31-1st.
Then the MP report was filed on Saturday June 2nd.
I think the timeline is still accurate, but it really shouldn't be this difficult for me! LOL.

And this does bring up that when Detective Eric was at Wendy's house on Wednesday, there was no appointment yet with LE for Donald. According to the statements made by BrittsStepMom and categorized by Lash in the media thread, Donald got the call Friday morning to come in to the police station.

Oh, but are you asking about his date of death?

BBM- Thank you KateB for the correction. The meshing dates can get so confusing. Donnie was supposed to meet with LE Friday not Thursday. Imo this is important because Wendy had even more time to contemplate what her future might be with Donnie. Would Donnie snitch and turn state evidence regarding the murder of Brittney in exchange for a reduced sentence? I don't believe Wendy loved Donnie. She had time to get the thoughts and opinions of all the perps involved in the sex abuse. Donnie had over a day to absorb Brittney's murder and what involvement he may have had. Remember Wendy stated Donnie was acting irractic hours before the alleged suicide.

According to the social media posts she made from the hospital, Wendy had planned to donate his organs. But because he lingered on so long on his own, they determined he was no longer a viable donor. No clue if there's any truth to that but I bring this up because of the earlier mention of autopsy reports. I don't think his death was under any suspicion yet if he was going to be an organ donor because then an autopsy would need all the organs intact, wouldn't it?

I call BS. In my opinion her comment about organ donation was just a facade to tidy up her image.

I'd also like to amend the statement that the 5/31/2012 LKA is due to the ping. I don't really think it is. I think 5/31/2012 was the date given as Last Seen intentionally trying to close the gap between a murder/suicide setup. The confusion over all these dates, before midnight, after midnight, Wednesday, or was it Thursday is not by accident. MOO.
Do you believe the intentional closing of the gap was to set Donnie up for Brittney's murder?

According to the social media posts she made from the hospital, Wendy had planned to donate his organs. But because he lingered on so long on his own, they determined he was no longer a viable donor. No clue if there's any truth to that but I bring this up because of the earlier mention of autopsy reports. I don't think his death was under any suspicion yet if he was going to be an organ donor because then an autopsy would need all the organs intact, wouldn't it?

Kate, I didn't once consider validity in her donating his organs bc I'm not even sure he'd be a viable candidate for donation. He was obesely overweight and that puts pressure on his internal organs, especially heart, lungs & kidneys. By the looks of his pictures, his face was always red, which makes me wonder if he had blood pressure issues and/or drinking issues of past. He was large enough to make me wonder if he could also be diabetic, which would rule him out right away to be able to donate an organ. Also, he was on meds for back problems which would have messed with his liver. From my understanding, organs need to be drug free in order to be able to donate, or have I misunderstood that? Idk honestly which is why I'm asking. Either way, I never once thought she was donating his organs. Puhhhleeease...this same woman that just got a hug from a cute doctor. OMG that woman just flat out fell off her rocker if she really thought people would buy into her bs.

Do you believe the intentional closing of the gap was to set Donnie up for Brittney's murder?

Lol duh. IMVHO either one or both were involved in the murder and discard of Brittney. I'm curious about the placement of the cell battery. Where in the truck was it found again? I forget and not even remembering if media reported on it or if we found out from an insider.

Kate, I didn't once consider validity in her donating his organs bc I'm not even sure he'd be a viable candidate for donation. He was obesely overweight and that puts pressure on his internal organs, especially heart, lungs & kidneys. By the looks of his pictures, his face was always red, which makes me wonder if he had blood pressure issues and/or drinking issues of past. He was large enough to make me wonder if he could also be diabetic, which would rule him out right away to be able to donate an organ. Also, he was on meds for back problems which would have messed with his liver. From my understanding, organs need to be drug free in order to be able to donate, or have I misunderstood that? Idk honestly which is why I'm asking. Either way, I never once thought she was donating his organs. Puhhhleeease...this same woman that just got a hug from a cute doctor. OMG that woman just flat out fell off her rocker if she really thought people would buy into her bs.

Quoting myself and Kate again to keep this in context. Because I didn't know for fact the criteria for donation eligibility, so I looked for it. I found this and now I wonder even more if he'd actually have been able to donate. I'm just not seeing it quite honestly, so again I'm sticking with Kate & Lash on the bs spewing from Wendy regarding it...

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/transplant/livingdonation/donor_criteria.html

Donor Selection Criteria

Each transplant program is required to have criteria for the selection of both recipients and donors, and patients are required to be provided with this information. The following are the criteria for the selection of living donors.

1. Age > 18: Our program will not consider donation from individuals under the age of 18.

2. Smoking: There are many known health risks from smoking. Surrounding a surgical procedure, smoking can cause potentially life-threatening respiratory complications during or immediately after anesthesia. Smoking may also increase the risk of developing blood clots in the leg veins which can break loose, travel to the lungs and potentially cause death. Smoking causes increased mucus production and a decreased ability to clear the lungs which can lead to pneumonia. Smoking also causes heart and vascular disease. Smoking causes decreased wound healing. Candidates will not be considered for donation unless they have been tobacco free (including chewing tobacco) for at least 8 weeks prior to donation and smoking is strongly discouraged after donation to protect long term health.

3. Drug Use: Potential donors must not use any illicit drugs. This includes periodic use of any drug such as marijuana in any form (including orally). Potential donors who use chronic pain medication experience a higher incidence of post-operative pain after donation. These individuals may be requested to see a surgeon and/or psychiatrist prior to being considered for donation. The transplant team may request random drug screening if there is concern regarding drug use. Failure to comply with requests for drug screening would be considered cause for declining donation.

4. Health Problems: Donors must be healthy individuals. If a donor has a past history of suffering from the following problems, or if these are discovered during the medical evaluation, a donor may be declined. The RN will discuss the donor’s health history in detail before the evaluation begins and the doctor will review it again at the first clinic visit.

• High blood pressure treated with medication (there may be rare selected situations when the team may consider a donor on a single blood pressure medicine).
• Diabetes. In some cases, young donors may be declined for a very strong family history of diabetes even if the donor does not currently suffer from diabetes, due to the risk of developing it later in life.
• Gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy). Donors less than age 40 years old with a history of gestational diabetes will not be a candidate for donation. Donors over the age of 40 years old will be considered on a case by case basis.
• Systemic lupus erythematosus
• Polycystic kidney disease
• Substance abuse
• Psychiatric illness. If a donor has a history of mental health problems including a remote history of anxiety or other common disorders, the team may request a psychiatric evaluation. Donors with current mental health concerns may not be candidates for living kidney donation.
• Heart / heart valve disease or peripheral vascular disease (disease of blood vessels in the legs)
• Lung disease with impaired oxygenation or ventilation.
• Recent cancer or a history of cancer that typically takes a long time to recur
&#8226; Low kidney function (usually creatinine clearance of <80ml/min (a test of kidney function).
&#8226; Protein in the urine > 300 mg per 24 hours (a test of kidney function).
&#8226; Active hepatitis B or C infection or HIV infection.
&#8226; Use of medicines that are known to cause kidney damage.
&#8226; History of blood clots or risk factors for the development of blood clots. (use of birth control pills, smoking and obesity are factors that may temporarily disqualify a donor due to the risk of developing blood clots.

5. Obesity: Obesity is an independent risk factor for kidney disease. Candidates with a body mass index of over 35 will generally not be considered for donation unless an individual is very muscular. Individuals with a BMI of >25 will meet with a dietitian to discuss strategies to remain at a healthy weight for life.

6. Psychosocial Issues: The social worker will evaluate many psychosocial aspects of living donation with the potential donor. Donors may be declined if they have inadequate support for recovery, questionable donor-recipient relationship or motivation for donation, a history of poor coping or psychiatric illness, a history of not taking good care of their health, or other similar concerns.

7. Insurance coverage and primary care doctor: It is so important for donors to have good ongoing medical care to monitor the function of the remaining kidney that the United Network for Organ Sharing has recommended that all donors be required to have health insurance and a primary care doctor. Our program supports this position.

Lol duh. IMVHO either one or both were involved in the murder and discard of Brittney. I'm curious about the placement of the cell battery. Where in the truck was it found again? I forget and not even remembering if media reported on it or if we found out from an insider.

BrittsStepMom posts on cellphones: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Maps-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=10486407#post10486407
&#8226; This is what CW told me about the battery. WWH called her after she got the truck back from LE her and friend same friend that made the 911 call about suicide while WWH was texting on DH's phone and deleting things, helped her clean the truck.

WWH claims that she found the battery between the front seat and console and CW claimed she asked if it has scratches on it? CW claimed that she remembers her common law husband scratching it trying to get it out of the phone not long before BW vanished.

IMO WWH could've put those scratches on there if that story about them even happened. How can CW remember scratches on a battery when she don't even remember that she was mad at BW when she left that night? Not to mention that DH, BW & WWH all had the same kind of phone!

&#8226; WWH gave the battery to CW and CW said she tried to give it to LE but they didn't want it cause there was No way to know who the battery belonged to. And LE removed a large number of phones complete and torn up ones from the Holland house and that truck I don't really see them missing a battery JMO

I've been following from the very beginning but rarely comment. Here's an article posted today with a lot of information that I haven't seen before. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sing-girl-mystery-suicide-leading-abuser.html

This is new, thank you. Still reading, but do they not have any proofreaders?
Wendy Holland, 35, Donnie Holland's wife: Sodomy, sex abuse and child torture.
Chessie Wood, 45, Wendy's twin sister and Brittney's mother: Two counts of sodomy and sex abuse of a child under 12.
Twins with a 10 year age difference? Sheesh.

Another problem: Wendy is not Paul's (Donnie Jr) mother -
Donnie Holland embarked on a relationship with Wendy Wood and her twin sister Mendy when they were as young as 11 years old. He was in his 20s. He married Wendy aged 16 when she became pregnant with Donnie jnr - now a convicted sex abuser himself - but he continued to have sex with her twin sister Mendy.

And this isn't accurate... The day after the 30th is not the 1st.
But the night before he was due to be interviewed by detectives - the 30th - he drove into the Alabama countryside with his niece Brittney Wood with whom he had had a long-standing sexual relationship.
Brittney, 19, who had a two-year-old daughter, has not been seen since. Investigators believe she was murdered.
Holland was discovered the following day with a gun-shot wound to the back of the head. He died later in hospital.

Seems so obvious now when you put it *that* way! And the research you did definitely rules him out. Thanks!
In the article Jlr just linked it says this:
While speculation to the cause of Donnie Holland's death continues it has been officially classified as suicide. Baldwin County DA Teresa Heinz said: 'Holland was shot just behind his right ear so it is possible that he could have shot himself. But it's a perfect spot for someone to shoot from the back seat.'
Holland had texted his wife saying that he was going to take his own life, Ms Heinz added.
His body was cremated very soon after his death, preventing extensive analysis.
I interpret this as no autopsy was done.

This is new, thank you. Still reading, but do they not have any proofreaders?

Twins with a 10 year age difference? Sheesh.

Another problem: Wendy is not Paul's (Donnie Jr) mother -

And this isn't accurate... The day after the 30th is not the 1st.

The entire article is FUBAR. I see Kim Aikin (Brittney's paternal aunt) Andrew Aikin (Brittney's paternal cousin), and Sonya Ayers (a Wood sister) being quoted. Probably made some cash selling this piece of trash story to the Daily Mail.

Major fail on their parts. Making $$$ off a probably dead girl.

I feel badly for Steph.

The math doesn't even work. Wendy was 12 in 1991.

Holland Jr, Donald Paul 12/20/1991
Holland, Wendy Wood 8/15/1979

Seems so obvious now when you put it *that* way! And the research you did definitely rules him out. Thanks!
In the article Jlr just linked it says this:
I interpret this as no autopsy was done.

Wow!
Makes me wonder how high up Society this "cesspool" was supplying *advertiser censored* and child sex to.
No autopsy?
Wow!

Then there is this. We never got the full story about the letters that were found. I don't think the link to the article even works anymore or I'd post it.

Letter about Brittney Wood.png

The letters were discussed back in Thread #10 in November 2013. Wow, I've been waiting a whole year now for the rest of the story on the letters! I was younger then. Some of the fb links don't work anymore.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Brittney-Wood-19-Mobile-31-May-2012-10/page20

Letters point to motive for murder
Authorities to also reopen suicide investigation
By Andrew Perez
http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mo...8VaOk.facebook

"The letter goes on to say, &#8220;(no-name) is scared to give the letter up,&#8221; and &#8220;you need to &#8230; get that letter that Brittney wrote. This can seriously (expletive) you up.&#8221;

"At least one of the letters was found at Wendy Holland's residence."

I just wanted to add IMO the lack of an complete autopsy is not really THAT surprising. Don't forget at the the time of Donald's suicide attempt, Brittney was not yet known to be missing by family or law enforcement and the true extent of the sex ring was probably not known by law enforcement yet. It is/was definitely plausible to think he killed himself before having to go for his meeting with law enforcement. Also, here in Oklahoma it's not unusual for the ME's office to be contacted and for the them to send a field agent to the home/hospital/funeral home to obtain tissue, blood, urine specimens and photos then release the body to the family for burial, particularly when the COD is staring them in the face like a gunshot wound. They will then release a report without doing a full autopsy based on the medical history, results of samples collected, and any relevant info from law enforcement. I don't think initially law enforcement even questioned the suicide-it looked pretty cut and dry to them.
Again all MOO

Baldwin County, AL has a coroner as opposed to a ME, so it is quite possible no autopsy was ordered.
Coroner's need not be doctors or even in the medial profession. Its just an elected position.
Here is his webpage. http://www.co.baldwin.al.us/PageView.asp?edit_id=316

Due to the placement of the shot and the fact that the death was unwitnessed should have prompted an autopsy to establish both time and cause of death.
The coroner may have took someone's word that it was a suicide and let it go at that.
I find that very troubling if that is the case.

Other questions that arise.
Was the gun dusted for fingerprints?
Angle of the shot should have been determined to see if it was physically possible for Donnie to inflict the wound.
Was a toxicology screen done to deterimine if drugs or alcohol were present?
Gunshot residue on hands, burn marks on head?

All of this together would have determined if it was a suicide or murder.

Baldwin County, AL has a coroner as opposed to a ME, so it is quite possible no autopsy was ordered.
Coroner's need not be doctors or even in the medial profession. Its just an elected position.
Here is his webpage. http://www.co.baldwin.al.us/PageView.asp?edit_id=316

Due to the placement of the shot and the fact that the death was unwitnessed should have prompted an autopsy to establish both time and cause of death.
The coroner may have took someone's word that it was a suicide and let it go at that.
I find that very troubling if that is the case.

Other questions that arise.
Was the gun dusted for fingerprints?
Angle of the shot should have been determined to see if it was physically possible for Donnie to inflict the wound.
Was a toxicology screen done to deterimine if drugs or alcohol were present?
Gunshot residue on hands, burn marks on head?

All of this together would have determined if it was a suicide or murder.

Tox screen and preserving/documenting evidence are pretty standard trauma protocol in the ED, Donnie was taken to a Level 1 trauma center iirc so some of these questions could be answered through medical records, assuming of course nurses/doctors documentation was good.

The letters were discussed back in Thread #10 in November 2013. Wow, I've been waiting a whole year now for the rest of the story on the letters! I was younger then. Some of the fb links don't work anymore.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Brittney-Wood-19-Mobile-31-May-2012-10/page20

Letters point to motive for murder
Authorities to also reopen suicide investigation
By Andrew Perez
http://www.fox10tv.com/news/local/mo...8VaOk.facebook

"The letter goes on to say, “(no-name) is scared to give the letter up,” and “you need to … get that letter that Brittney wrote. This can seriously (expletive) you up.”

"At least one of the letters was found at Wendy Holland's residence."

From zweibel's analysis of the images of the letter sent to Wendy, in that very first post you linked us to:
First five lines of letter, in my very amateur opinion:

FROM (typed, and name that follows whited out.)

Jennifer Chessy, Mendy, Don are
some of Brittney's family members the girl has said
to them, x 4 more have helped them.
She's naming us all four likely tomorrow.
Just think of all they want her to tell.

I am reminded of an old theory I had about the 4 suspects named in this section of the letter to Wendy.
Until Wendy was charged with rape in Sept '14, I was under the erroneous impression that females could not be charged with rape in the state of Alabama. So I had thought, the 3 females plus Donald because he's dead, being outted if this letter ever got into the wrong hands was intentional because the named parties wouldn't be looking at a life sentence in prison. And the 4 helpers were the minor players that weren't involved with something as bad as whatever the 4 being named tomorrow were.

But since then, jns207 and reedus23 have informed us of the gender neutrality rewrites of the rape law in Alabama so that theory doesn't work anymore. I do think the 4 named aren't important to the letter writer, though. Back to the drawing board.

Who are the 4 she named? And does the theory that this letter was the basis of the 10/22/2013 sweep and written long after Brittney vanished still work?

Regarding any autopsy of DH (or not, as the case may be), I would like to know if photographs were taken at least. I'm not very much concerned if he killed himself or was killed - but I am concerned if there was evidence on his body that he may have killed Brittney.

If she wasn't shot but was killed by strangulation or some other method where she had a chance to fight back, DH might well have borne the signs of that; scratch marks on his face, chest or hands and arms would have been a real clue. Even if there's no autopsy photographic record, I wonder if the crime scene photos unwittingly captured any clues?

There'd have been no reason for investigators to take note of them at the time, as they didn't even suspect Brittney was missing then, let alone that she may have been murdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia