AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to keep in mind, just because the media isn't covering it or there's no big discussion on facebook doesn't mean the family and others are not searching. There was an organized search last Saturday that received no media attention. Mobile PD was involved in it. BW's parents are still searching. KlaasKids is providing support behind the scenes even though they're not conducting searches.

Media coverage sometimes can be prompted by the public. I'm going to start emailing and calling the Mobile and Pensacola media outlets to ask them for updates on this case. Maybe if others do that they will realize people do care and they'll cover it. IDK. Just a thought.

Do you know the area of the search? I assume that it was in Grand Bay, but was curious as to the actual search area. I'm trying to keep my information up to date and accurate.

I am glad to hear that MPD supported the family's efforts. It might help to have someone from the family put a post on the FB page encouraging people to contact whatever media outlets they want covering the story. I've seen it done before and it did seem to yield results. It's always best that stuff like that comes directly from the family. Often members of the general public don't feel it is their place to take the choice away from the family, but are very willing to support the family.

Another way to get the message out could be asking people to request that a prayer be said during their church services. This may be something that is already being done, but I thought that I would mention it anyway.

My impression at the start was Brit wanted to go to the lake house..This is what her friend said & soon after we learned her phone pinged right near there just hours later.

I can't & don't believe a word coming from WWH..I saw for myself how often she contradicted herself on FB re: this whole issue..IOW! Her info is useless!

It simply makes more sense that Brit was headed for the lake house vs DH's other home but it really all depends on WHY she wanted to go & that's something we still don't know..Was it to see DH? If so, we need to know where he was spending that night..Or was it to just get away for a few days? If so, that points to the lake house but that seems far too innocent an explanation with all we know now about Brit's lifestyle..Was she meeting someone else there? If so, who would that be?

So many Q's & so few A's..<sigh>

So he is banned from living at the house with her and the children but she can bring the children and come stay with him? How old are the children?

Yeah I don't get that part about her giving him a ride but he was found in his vehicle.

I read about the neighbor waving at someone on the tire swing but not about an unknown guy. Where did that info come from?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Here you go Jules. It's from comments on WKRG's facebook page. Read the comments from those who say they are family members. I know others have said this was later disproved, but I'm going to keep it in mind as it's a very close family member so I assume they were in the loop with it comes to events and timeline. Or if they aren't in the loop, then why did they post it? HTH

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=275851267499&story_fbid=423160057704265

Call Nancy Grace!
Call Jane Velez Mitchell!
NBC
ABC
FOX
CBS

JMO...

If I was this family I would steer clear of "entertainment" news media - especially NG. As well intentioned as NG may be she does go for the throat of folks for sensationalism. BW's family does not need to be put through the ringer, they need to find BW.

JVM might be a little more kid glove with her approach but again - sensationalized entertainment "news" is not always in the best interest of a family.

In the beginning of this case I DID suggest NG would be a good avenue but since then, knowing what we have learned... I think that kind of coverage would devastate BW's parents & hamper the search for BW even more.

Even we here at WBS are so caught up in the sex crime arrests & investigations and BW's drug use that we have not given as much attention that is desperately needed for finding BW.

JMO... Pro-active measures need to be taken to spread the word, distributing flyers, finding volunteers who can put boots on the ground in the areas where BW was believed to be in the days & hours before she disappeared (Styx River, Grand Bay, etc.)

Note to mods - I'm not campaigning or soliciting assistance with my above statement. It is just my thoughts & opinion and I am whole heartedly respecting the TOS.

JMO...

If I was this family I would steer clear of "entertainment" news media - especially NG. As well intentioned as NG may be she does go for the throat of folks for sensationalism. BW's family does not need to be put through the ringer, they need to find BW.

JVM might be a little more kid glove with her approach but again - sensationalized entertainment "news" is not always in the best interest of a family.

In the beginning of this case I DID suggest NG would be a good avenue but since then, knowing what we have learned... I think that kind of coverage would devastate BW's parents & hamper the search for BW even more.

Even we here at WBS are so caught up in the sex crime arrests & investigations and BW's drug use that we have not given as much attention that is desperately needed for finding BW.

JMO... Pro-active measures need to be taken to spread the word, distributing flyers, finding volunteers who can put boots on the ground in the areas where BW was believed to be in the days & hours before she disappeared (Styx River, Grand Bay, etc.)

Note to mods - I'm not campaigning or soliciting assistance with my above statement. It is just my thoughts & opinion and I am whole heartedly respecting the TOS.

I have to agree with you about Nancy Grace. Knowing that Klaas is still supporting the family does make me feel better. I firmly believe that if they had a legit search location that Klaas would put boots on the ground. I think that the problem here is that no one really knows where they should be searching.

If BW took off by choice, she could be anywhere in any state. If she didn't, how would anyone know? There is no crime scene to process and no indication of what her plans were. So, I can see the difficulty with searching. In my opinion, it is unlikely that she would've gone this long without contacting anyone. But, that is the only indication that I can find to indicate that she may have found herself in trouble. But, even that doesn't eliminate the possibility that she is missing by choice.

There just seems to be a lot of missing details, like how did BW get from her mother's house to the Styx River area in the first place?

JMO...

LOL thats why i was saying call Nancy Grace!
She does ask questions that no one wants asked!

They wouldnt call her anyway!
there are way to many skeletons in these ppls closets!

Now i wonder who Told PNH that Bw was seen with some man after his father had shot himself?

Just wanted to note that there are some newcomers that may be confused, as it shows in questions stated on many posts. Many of these questions have already been answered in the first & second threads. There is so much confusion in this case as it is bc of the criminal accusations & dynamics surrounding Brittney's disappearance, plus the very limited info that le releases, but compiled with the same questions being asked over & over again it only creates more confusion.

Please, anyone that came in late to Brittney's case, please read the threads in this order:
Thread #1: FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #2: FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #3: FEATURED AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

{RSBM} Jumping off J*G's excellent post I will add the updated timeline that contains information that has been discussed & dissected numerous times & will provide context for those catching up.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

I have also included links for the maps & players list in this previous post.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #3

:)

Klass Kids were there for 2 days and left!

The Family is trying to figure out how to get monies together for her search
They are asking on FB how to get flyers donated.

I thought that was what Klass foundation was there to help with.

they obviously dont believe her to be in the AREA!

There just seems to be a lot of missing details, like how did BW get from her mother's house to the Styx River area in the first place?

sbm

I do believe that's the MIL $$$ Q! We still can't rule out she hitched a ride with a stranger to very close to her destination..We know how close her phone pinged to the lake house later that night..After that point anything is possible including this stranger doing something to Brit=she never did make it to the lake house..It's supposedly been discounted that Brit was ever seen there by the neighbor..And nobody else, including WWH, has claimed or confirmed she ever was..That leaves this scenario an option even tho her phone supposedly pinged again in Grand Bay..I don't believe she was ever there tho & maybe she was never that close to the lake house either..We just don't know cos it's way too easy for someone else (the perp) to have her phone..All of this makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for us to get to the bottom of this..Hopefully, LE has proof of some of the missing details but they're not about to share it with us :(

If BW took off by choice, she could be anywhere in any state. If she didn't, how would anyone know? There is no crime scene to process and no indication of what her plans were. So, I can see the difficulty with searching. In my opinion, it is unlikely that she would've gone this long without contacting anyone. But, that is the only indication that I can find to indicate that she may have found herself in trouble. But, even that doesn't eliminate the possibility that she is missing by choice.

{RSBM}

I totally understand where you are coming from and maybe it is just me but if I could play devil's advocate for a minute with the hope that we may be able to curtail the notion that BW "just took off and that is her right as an adult"...

I am an adult. I have a child. I often go weeks or months without emailing or speaking with my close family & friends due to life, schedules, etc. The same is true about my teenage son. When he is traveling for the summer, several days can pass when he is not in contact with me because he is off having fun & in return mom is doing her "thing".

I'm setting the tone that it is not unusual for me to not be in contact with people on a regular basis. HOWEVER... if I go missing and someone theorizes that I am an adult and that it is within my right as such to "take off" or that I am just unreachable...

Chances are, as with most other victims who are not found within 48 hours of disappearing... the witnesses or potential leads into my disappearance would drop significantly, if not entirely. My body could be long gone by then and it would be as if I simply vanished off the face of the earth.

That being said, heaven forbid I ever go missing and folks dismiss my absence with the notion that I am an adult and it is my prerogative to leave anytime I feel like it.

Those closest to me know I would not abandon my child. I would not allow my family & friends to worry about where I am, why they cannot find me or cannot reach me by phone after numerous attempts.

My last two statements directly above also apply to BW's relationships & regard for her child, mother & close friends. BW may have been away from home for a few days in the past but she NEVER failed to communicate with someone during that time.

I'm sorry... It's not you or anyone here... I'm just very upset over the dismissive attitude I feel is being postulated by LE. I am deeply concerned that sentiment is going viral so the general public isn't as concerned as they should be with finding BW.

...end rant... :twocents: :blushing:

Klass Kids were there for 2 days and left!

The Family is trying to figure out how to get monies together for her search
They are asking on FB how to get flyers donated.

I thought that was what Klass foundation was there to help with.

they obviously dont believe her to be in the AREA!

I read statements from BD with KK where they were doing ground searches initially and then switched to going door to door but were still there with the family.

Do you have other information from Klaas Kids that was not reported?

Maybe someone should call them directly so we can have a verified up to date statement regarding their involvement and support efforts?

It is just a suggestion... for anyone who is concerned about Klaas Kids involvement (or potential lack thereof). That way you won't have to worry or speculate.

Agreed...there would most definitely be more investigating if they hadnt found the gun. I am also sure they ran the gun for registration and all. I know we get frustrated and feel like LE arent doing enough....but I am sure they did the basics :) Also as far as him not having a gun...odd...but definitely could happen. Not all women will allow their husbands to have them if there are children in the house or maybe he had some at some point and possibly had to sell for financial reasons. JMO

Yes, but he wasn't living with Wendy. He was banned from living with her and the children because of the sexual abuse investigation and was somehow living alone at the yellow house down by Styx river. This is where Brittney's phone last pinged. The first searches were also based there. Someone posted there was a registered sex offender living in the same area. Not good.

The morning he shot himself, Wendy picked him up at the river house and gave him a ride to her house near Fairhope. It's near there that he shot himself.

Please correct if I have the details wrong. It's all so confusing. :waitasec:

You are correct he wasn't living there but that was recent. I have no idea why he didn't have guns I was just giving a possible set of reasons. Also to clear any confusion...BWs last ping was in Grand Bay. They originally thought the last ping was Styx River area but that ended up being incorrect and the last ping they have is in Grand Bay at 140am on 05/31.

I don't know how things work there, but in many states, if you are under a restraining order (I assume DH was, and that it stipulated that he not live with his family) you aren't allowed to purchase, own, or carry a firearm. Him not having a gun could be a recent thing, as a result of whatever legal action is being taken to (presumably) "protect" his children (from him?).

I don't know how things work there, but in many states, if you are under a restraining order (I assume DH was, and that it stipulated that he not live with his family) you aren't allowed to purchase, own, or carry a firearm. Him not having a gun could be a recent thing, as a result of whatever legal action is being taken to (presumably) "protect" his children (from him?).

Excellent point that I don't recall being considered previously! It would make sense but like you, I'm not knowledgeable with how those things work or what conditions would be required.

OT - every time I see you avatar I crack up laughing. It makes for a very pleasant momentary distraction. Thank you for that!

Her Mother should call them.
Hi my duaghter is Missing i want to tell the public a little about her and maybe someone has seen her, this is what she looks like, this is where we are planning to search!

We are planning a candle light vigil id like for the news to cover it.
Call radio stations

They wont go to her she has to go to them!

Invite them to your house let them see her room!
Bla bla bla!!!!

Hand out pics of her to motorists...

I could go on and on! But i wont lol!

The news was at the vigil last Monday night, but only showed a short clip on the air and didn't put it on the website.

Many people are making assumptions that the family is doing nothing because nothing is being reported. That's flawed logic. I feel like I'm beating that poor dead horse again.

Call Nancy Grace!
Call Jane Velez Mitchell!
NBC
ABC
FOX
CBS

HLN has interviewed the family. JVW did one story and no more. No comment on NG.

The networks pick up what their local affiliates carry. If the local affiliates aren't reporting it, the national level won't.

Did RSW express any of his frustration to you or other friends directly? I am curious to know if he had any opinions as to why people weren't being supportive of the search efforts.

He did. He also seemed to be working to exhaustion looking for BW while still keeping up his shift-work job at Thyssen-Krupp. We knew him as someone who managed to operate on little or no sleep, but between trips to Pensacola to check on Donnie and looking for BW, he was worn out.

Again, this is one of the reasons why we were all so shocked when he was arrested. He seemed really upset over her not being found.

{RSBM}

I'm sorry... It's not you or anyone here... I'm just very upset over the dismissive attitude I feel is being postulated by LE. I am deeply concerned that sentiment is going viral so the general public isn't as concerned as they should be with finding BW.

...end rant... :twocents: :blushing:

Respectfully snipped. No worries. I completely share your frustrations and I can't imagine how much more difficult it is for BW's family. Unfortunately, we don't know what law enforcement knows, so there's no way to determine if they're on the money or not.

Honestly, if I am being fair, the dismissive attitude starts with BW's friends and some members of her family. I do believe that if her friends were pushing as hard as BW's immediate family, then this case might be getting more attention. It is easy for law enforcement to say that the family was "out of the loop" on things, but it is harder to say that her friends, who likely knew a great deal about her are "out of the loop". But, then again, her friends appear to be the same age as BW and maturity may be an issue.

I've felt from the beginning that people who have things to hide won't reach out to law enforcement and may not cooperate willingly. Nothing that has happened has changed that opinion.

I'm still waiting for the rest of the iceberg to appear. I mean, LE talked like something big was imminent. The silence is deafening...

LOL thats why i was saying call Nancy Grace!
She does ask questions that no one wants asked!

They wouldnt call her anyway!
there are way to many skeletons in these ppls closets!

Now i wonder who Told PNH that Bw was seen with some man after his father had shot himself?

Eileen, for the record, BW's family has been in touch with NG. They're willing to open up their closets and show all the skeletons in order to bring BW home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyl628