AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, there never has been any confirmation that Brittney was with her phone when the "too high to remember" friend was texted from the Grand Bay area.
My opinion: I do not believe she was.

IIRC, there never has been any confirmation that Brittney was with her phone when the "too high to remember" friend was texted from the Grand Bay area.
My opinion: I do not believe she was.

Thank you! I don't think she was either! I began to see so many references to her being taken there by DH that I thought I must have missed some confirmation of it. I know a family member posted on FB that DH picked her up in Mobile after she left Tillman's Corner that evening, but I have seen no official confirmation nor a family member state it is known, or even strongly suspected, that she was in Grand Bay later that same night.

If anyone else knows otherwise, please point me to the info.

Hi there, I have been lurking and FINALLY read everything (five days ) up to this point. I am new to this world of Websleuths, so don't hesitate to tell me if I type something that I shouldn't. I have a B.S. and M.S. in special education and have taught in the field for fifteen years, and have worked with numerous children who have been molested. I live in a large (landwise,not population) county (high poverty and high unemployment) in the FL Panhandle close to GA, and AL (2 and a half hrs from Mobile). The best term I have read on here yet to describe the nature of incest in our county is "the big elephant in the room". SORRY to whoever posted that, I do give you great credit though I need to figure out an organized way to save info. Incest is very prevalent in certain rural areas of our counties. I do want to make one correction to the State List that was posted about who you can marry, in Florida you can not marry your first cousin, but second, third, and after that is fair game... Many people on these threads were exactly right when they said these people that are perps were also victims. Over my career I have had to go to court many times and testify in cases involving unbelievable sexual abuse and molestation......okay enough of that, I just wanted to give you wonderful, intelligent, caring people a brief introduction.......now for some questions I have that maybe you guys can answer. Please do not pay attention to my grammar! When I say I am a teacher in any type of blog, the first thing people just love to comment on is if I have run-on sentences, improper pronunciation, etc. Since this is not a college paper (yippee)
please don't grade it!

Questions: and warning, I jump from subject to subject, I'm not an organized person, although I do try! My brain is fried from reading all of this! I hope you guys can keep up with me.

1. Has anyone searched the 12 mile geocache trail that was mentioned (by Craig? I believe) that RSW visited by the University of South Alabama?

2. Why did WWH have to go take care of business in Pensacola? Could she have detoured by the trail?

3. Has anyone discussed the possibility that RSW took her with him when he had to report to the National Guard that weekend in Tennessee?

4. I see a lot of locals are on here....Has anyone gone to the Travel Center in Grand Bay and showed the clerks a flyer, asked if they had noticed her?

5. Does the National Guard typically give the members drug tests on the weekends they work? If not, when?

6. Would somebody please send me a link to AH facebook page? I do not know his name, just have seen AH. Do you think that AH and his mother could be helping Brittney out?

I have lots more questions and I would like to work on typing a scenario to post. Can someone tell me how they organize information when they are new at this? I am amazed at you guys! The maps, the timelines, the research, the resources on the net, WOW! As we say in my county..."Ya'll good!" Thanks, and sorry if some of those had been answered and I overlooked them. ONE MORE THING.....IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN MAKE THIS LITTLE TWO INCH SCREEN I'M TYPING IN BIGGER! This whole post might not make any sense because I have to go up and down and all around to even see what I wrote......thanks!

clarification sorry!
on question 3, when I say "her", I am referring to Brittney

Thank you! I don't think she was either! I began to see so many references to her being taken there by DH that I thought I must have missed some confirmation of it. I know a family member posted on FB that DH picked her up in Mobile after she left Tillman's Corner that evening, but I have seen no official confirmation nor a family member state it is known, or even strongly suspected, that she was in Grand Bay later that same night.

If anyone else knows otherwise, please point me to the info.

I've never seen confirmation of this either, just confirmation on BW's Missing FB page that Donnie DID give her a ride.....to where is unclear IMO

Ok. I am so confused!!! I joined WS because of this particular case. I have been following BW story since she was first reported missing. I realize LE states these "arrests" are not related to BW's disappearance or "she is not a victim" BUT I just don't understand how they can say that. Is it possible that it's just coincidence??? Anyway... Now I'm confused about the thread and what we can and cannot discuss here?? HELP!!

Great questions, Janeycat1!
I don't think we can link AH's FB because he isn't considered a player in this case.

Post from a family member under the newest arrest on FB page of Fox10

Those posts go a long way toward convincing me that Brittney's immediate family was clueless about perversions of extended family! The community really needs to get behind them!

Nobody has really answered my question. Where did everybody go? :)

Those posts go a long way toward convincing me that Brittney's immediate family was clueless about perversions of extended family! The community really needs to get behind them!

Zeaux confirmed for us they knew about the investigation into DH, but they were clueless about RSW and DK.

MOO ~ I believe Brittney's dad and stepmother were clueless, and to some extent CW was clueless - but, I think the wives of DK and DH know a lot.

Janeycat1 ~ I have been looking for the posts when we discussed RSW and his drill trip. I haven't found it yet. But, IIRC, RSW left a day or two early (Wed or Thurs) for weekend drill in TN, and came back when he got the news of DH shooting himself.
Maybe someone else remembers or can help find the posts.

Nobody has really answered my question. Where did everybody go? :)

I don't think anybody knows the answer to your question.

But, if I understand correctly, this thread is designated for Brittney. This does not mean we can't still link to the players in the case, but if we want to discuss the "other stuff" in detail we need to go to that thread. Reason being: The LE has stated the cases are unrelated.

Ok. I am so confused!!! I joined WS because of this particular case. I have been following BW story since she was first reported missing. I realize LE states these "arrests" are not related to BW's disappearance or "she is not a victim" BUT I just don't understand how they can say that. Is it possible that it's just coincidence??? Anyway... Now I'm confused about the thread and what we can and cannot discuss here?? HELP!!

Hi!

Yes, it is possible. Anything is possible. And, don't feel odd... some of us who have been following the threads here from the beginning are a little confused! If you read back over the last day or two it will be clearer to you! Basically, this thread is about BW & the fact that she is missing. We want to stay focused on the known events and time-line related to the last day or days surrounding the time when she was last seen by her family. It's hard because LE has not put any emphasis on finding BW that we know of and so there is not a lot of news about her case. However, that could change at anytime.

The other thread is where we can go to discuss the recent arrests.

1. Has anyone searched the 12 mile geocache trail that was mentioned (by Craig? I believe) that RSW visited by the University of South Alabama?

I don't know. I haven't read anything that makes me think anyone has done so.

2. Why did WWH have to go take care of business in Pensacola? Could she have detoured by the trail?

I think when we discussed this we thought it was related to DH's death, but I don't remember how it was related.

3. Has anyone discussed the possibility that RSW took her with him when he had to report to the National Guard that weekend in Tennessee?

I don't think anyone pointed that out as a possibility. I believe our source for info. about that trip was one90proof who stated that she/he believed RSW left on either Thursday (May 31) or Friday (June 1). So, the timing would certainly be right. I don't remember much discussion about that but you could search for one90proof's threads if you want to check it out. I remember wondering that at the time but I don't think we discussed it much.

4. I see a lot of locals are on here....Has anyone gone to the Travel Center in Grand Bay and showed the clerks a flyer, asked if they had noticed her?

There was a search in that area and I'm sure it would have included the Travel Center and the staff there. I know that BW's step-mother was supposed to try to contact and send fliers to all truck stops on I-10 but I don't know if she completed that project. KlaasKids was involved in the search at that time so I feel pretty confident that the Travel Center employees would be well aware of BW's case, because they really know how to conduct a proper search.

5. Does the National Guard typically give the members drug tests on the weekends they work? If not, when?

I have no clue about that.

6. Would somebody please send me a link to AH facebook page? I do not know his name, just have seen AH. Do you think that AH and his mother could be helping Brittney out?

We can't do that here. But, I will say that I have read his FB history all the way back to before BW went missing and I am convinced he was shocked, overwhelmed and heartbroken over her disappearance. He expressed his anger at the situation and seemed to want to protect her. No, I definately do not think he is involved in her disappearance. He was very sad and scared for her.

Hope that helps a little bit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members