AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my point exactly when reading her FB wall. It may not have been accepted but she wasnt scolded by her family for her language, fighting, hanging at drug parties in hotels, dealing drugs, do drugs, getting drunk, sleeping at different mens homes.....so what else was just deemed acceptable and swept under the carpet :(

I think it's just awful how many of these fb people seem to be having kids when they are around 16, they seem to be dropping out of school, in and out of jail, unemployed, barely literate....I know people drop through the cracks from time to time, but this is like a Grand Canyon crack going on here.

I just want someone in this family to step up and SCREAM.....We are sorry, we messed up, we havent done the best job but we did as we were raised to do. It is an ongoing cycle and we WANT help so that our children dont end up continuing this cycle. Here is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!! Maybe someones honesty could lead to BWs finding!!

I completely understand. I live in Birmingham now but was raised in Mobile (Airport Blvd area) but I dated a guy in Grandbay. It was completely ok for us to drink (underage) and some even smoked pot at his parents house. I still to this day cant imagine how his parents thought it was ok!! Now this was 15 years ago so I dont know much about the area now

its no better, actually probably way worse, South Mobile County is infested with drugs, I know firsthand

its no better, actually probably way worse, South Mobile County is infested with drugs, I know firsthand

Yeah the worst when I was growing up in the Irvington, GrandBay, Tillmans Corner, and Bayou LaBatre (spelling) was alcohol and a little pot. Nothing major. From what I have read on these FB posts....Meth and pills seem to be running wild in that area now :(

Yeah the worst when I was growing up in the Irvington, GrandBay, Tillmans Corner, and Bayou LaBatre (spelling) was alcohol and a little pot. Nothing major. From what I have read on these FB posts....Meth and pills seem to be running wild in that area now :(

Pills are a huge problem add crack and its just fun fun! (I hope everyone knows I was being sarcastic) I'm just so tired of drugs taking people from us! Just my two cents

Ok Janeycat1 did alot of research and posted it last night and it was VERY CONCERNING to me. Her post was deleted because of names being used (i think). So I will abbreviate and see if this is allowed to stay on, but you must read an ex boyfriends page of BWs. His initials are JM. You can find him by going to BWs friends list on FB and find KB. KB is a mutual friend of BW and JM. I find it strange JM isnt on BWs friend list but he is on KBs friend list. Any way he says strange things. Seems to be obsessed with BW. He even speaks of wanting her back, and graves, and so on. Then on may 31st he posts about it being a hell of a day and he cant wait for the weekend then he NEVER posts again, however until this point he has posted almost every day or 2 (mainly about missing and needing BW). STRANGE!!!

can you help me find this without breaking the rules?

So I just read on FB that oct 25 2011..BW tells WWH to tell DH that JM (BWs ex boyfriend) broke her phone. Now why would BW be telling DH this? DH was in North Dakota at the time working. I just found that odd.

Ok. I am just going to ask this question. Does it not seem strange that BW goes to visit uncle, uncle dies from gunshot by BW's gun, BW then goes missing? Of course they are calling suicide, but what has determined that? Why not homicide?

can you help me find this without breaking the rules?

I would write JaneyCat1 directly and ask her to send you a copy. I'm glad I read it before it was :poofed:: very interesting and great sleuthing on her part!
WTG janeycat

Ok. I am just going to ask this question. Does it not seem strange that BW goes to visit uncle, uncle dies from gunshot by BW's gun, BW then goes missing? Of course they are calling suicide, but what has determined that? Why not homicide?

I don't believe that BW shot him. Her phone hadn't been used or a day or so, prior to his death. Also, his family were supposedly staying with him on that day, and then they all drove to the family home. His wife and kids had left to visit a "friend" when he committed the act. Brittney had no means of transportation, so how would she get there? I can't see her turning up in that short window of time, shooting him, and then leaving again. In any event, he was much bigger than her, so for her to have time to get out her gun, and manage to angle it up to his chin or mouth (can't remember exactly where the entry point was) to shoot it through his head, would be very difficult. She would then have to remove her fingerprint and put his on the gun, and leave (again without any known means of transportation).

So I conclude, in my opinion, that she didn't shoot him

It's pretty much all of Mobile County. I grew up on DIP and you couldn't pay me to live there now. I live in the middle of town around Azalea and it's just as bad there too. And up by Moffett Rd and Schillinger and all is overrun with meth labs galore. South Mobile Co. Is pretty much as described.

Everything about this case is absolutely horrible but maybe I've lived here too long because none of it shocks me at all. It's very disturbing, to say the least, but especially the way some of you are describing the teens behavior here. It bothers me that it DOESN'T seem strange to me. A lot of that is too much the norm here.

Sadly, I don't think the family will step up in this case. Brittany has been missing for almost 2 months now...

I just hope that LE or social services has the brains to get Brittany's poor little daughter out of this situation so that at least Brittany's baby is given the opportunity to avoid the type of torture that Brittany has seemingly been exposed to her whole life. This case is so sad and so sick.

It's pretty much all of Mobile County. I grew up on DIP and you couldn't pay me to live there now. I live in the middle of town around Azalea and it's just as bad there too. And up by Moffett Rd and Schillinger and all is overrun with meth labs galore. South Mobile Co. Is pretty much as described.

Everything about this case is absolutely horrible but maybe I've lived here too long because none of it shocks me at all. It's very disturbing, to say the least, but especially the way some of you are describing the teens behavior here. It bothers me that it DOESN'T seem strange to me. A lot of that is too much the norm here.

I totally agree with you TXangel. I grew up in the Navco area of all places. I won't even drive down there now. Horrible. Of course, I have since lived in West Mobile (best of all except for hellacious traffic), Midtown (becoming very iffy with skyrocketing burglaries, etc). I am now contemplating moving to the "country" - Semmes which seems to be the last vestige of family values and good people. But it will be a matter of time, I'm sure. The Eastern Shore (which is the place to be) is suffering from a mass exodus of Mobilians trying to escape crime. I feel for them 5 years down the road. They will just be a mini-Mobile.

I never really have had any interaction with Theodore-Tillman's Corner-Grand Bay. But I do know it is a rather "closed" community. Mostly people who have been there all of their lives, generation to generation. Mobile and Mobile County really is segregated into many different small communities, each with their own identifiers. IMO

Sadly, I don't think the family will step up in this case. Brittany has been missing for almost 2 months now...

I just hope that LE or social services has the brains to get Brittany's poor little daughter out of this situation so that at least Brittany's baby is given the opportunity to avoid the type of torture that Brittany has seemingly been exposed to her whole life. This case is so sad and so sick.

To me, that is THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE at hand.

I won't argue with you about it, just felt I should say something , yes there are drugs all over in Mobile , but there are some places that drugs aren't so widely used and crime isn't so bad..but crap that's most of the places in this country. A long lost friend of mine just overdosed and she lives up north..so horrible!

So I just read on FB that oct 25 2011..BW tells WWH to tell DH that JM (BWs ex boyfriend) broke her phone. Now why would BW be telling DH this? DH was in North Dakota at the time working. I just found that odd.

I read in comments some where on fb that BW had her phone service through DH & WWH. The person said that is how WWH was able to access BW's phone info. Did she need to tell him that so he could get a replacement phone through their account?

I won't argue with you about it, just felt I should say something , yes there are drugs all over in Mobile , but there are some places that drugs aren't so widely used and crime isn't so bad..but crap that's most of the places in this country. A long lost friend of mine just overdosed and she lives up north..so horrible!

Yes it is rampant in all parts of the country. But Mobile was always a "big town" with a "small town" atmosphere. Not anymore. And it is so out of hand, the MPD has lost its control IMO. So much, that they just released this:

Operation Impact
July 24, 2012

The Mobile Police Department began Operation Impact which is a four phase operation to combat the use of illegal guns and drugs from our streets.

Phase one involves intense street sweeps identifying problem areas and violent hotspots. The combined efforts of the Narcotics Unit, Intelligence Unit, MCSENT, Jaguar Unit and Tactical Response Unit, will create an increased police presence around these areas, residences and businesses.

The first three days of Operation Impact have been successful with the arrest of 165 people resulting in 58 felonies, 243 misdemeanors and police have seized 18 guns.

The operation will continue and more results will be released as they become
available.

Corporal Christopher Levy
Public Information Office
Office: 208-1926
Fax: 208-1758

A verified insider told us BW was in a car with other people when stopped by police a few months before she went missing. This car was basically a rolling meth lab. I wish BW had been sent to a halfway house or rehab after this incident.

Meth, oxy, alcohol...guns...no telling what else. This poor child was in need of intervention. But I am afraid unless she received training/job skills and had moved away from those friends and some of the family members she would go right back to same habits after rehab.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member