AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys I just saw a picture WKRG on FB posted of a bone and they said there were 2 more found by the State Pier and they are human bones, I feel sick ..I really hope it isn't ..Please NO! Live Report at 5 and 6

You guys I just saw a picture WKRG on FB posted of a bone and they said there were 2 more found by the State Pier and they are human bones, I feel sick ..I really hope it isn't ..Please NO! Live Report at 5 and 6

Where is the state pier in correlation to where she was last known to be? I'll go check for the link now :( Either way someone has been found, and it will be a resolve for some family out there... I just really hope this isn't our Brittney. I'm clinging to the hope she's out there alive. Thank you for the update!

Is this the link? http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2008/sep/06/human_bones_on_pensacola_beach-ar-2134706/

I just watched that and came straight here.

Where is this pier's relation (location) to the areas BW was last seen?
TIA

Did a google maps directions...to Gulf State Park Pier

Approx 20miles south of Magnolia Springs
Approx 35 miles south of Styx River

They said it was in Gulf Shores, can someone tell us how far that is from Stix

Mapquest says it is 121.10 miles from Wilcox to Gulf Shores via I-65.

Tillman's Corner to Gulf Shores via I-10 E is 57.75 miles.

Locals probably have a better idea of exact mileage.

L

They said it was in Gulf Shores, can someone tell us how far that is from Stix

For some reason GULF SHORES is nagging at me!

Does anyone remember way back when Brit went missing and Scott went out
for a search and no one showed up but a couple from florida? I swear it was Gulf shores.....

I want to go back and look on the hometown search page i think it could be on there...

I might be wrong!

Where is the state pier in correlation to where she was last known to be? I'll go check for the link now :( Either way someone has been found, and it will be a resolve for some family out there... I just really hope this isn't our Brittney. I'm clinging to the hope she's out there alive. Thank you for the update!

Is this the link? http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2008/sep/06/human_bones_on_pensacola_beach-ar-2134706/

AstroKitty, that can't be the link as that article is from 2008! It even says so in the link itself. Above the article you can read this:
By: EMILY FORRESTER | WKRG
Published: September 06, 2008

Here is a google image of some key locations
(approximations...not exact street addresses)

If this is incorrect information please let me know so I can edit my post!

B=Perdido Beach Blvd = general area of Gulf Shore State Park location

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-09-04 at 6.42.38 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-09-04 at 6.42.38 PM.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 19
Sorry, Buggsmom. I didn't catch that you had posted a reply re: distance.
L

AstroKitty, that can't be the link as that article is from 2008! It even says so in the link itself. Above the article you can read this:

lol sorry, I did a search for the "bones + pier" on that page and that's what came up. I glossed over the date - it stated Sept and went with it. I apologize. I'm multi-tasking. I can't find the link on the website at all

Sorry, Buggsmom. I didn't catch that you had posted a reply re: distance.
L

No need to apologize...everybody's input is welcome!!
I'm not from AL and am guessing the location!
:D

THANK YOU!!! I have better luck * and prefer the comments* from the FB pages of news pages. They seem to be better updated and easier to navigate.

I couldnt get their website to load and also prefer FB for info

Who the heck shows a photo of someone holding the bone????

Some of the comments just make you shake your head! :what:
(the pinkie ones have me shake my head with smirk) - no disrespect meant!

The same people who have a "coke nail" lol. I had to laugh when someone pointed out the pinkie nail. Not that finding bones is a laughing matter but the way everything is handled in that area is beginning to be. Like others said, it could be from just about anything but the results will likely take awhile, longer if the persons' DNA isn't the database or teeth aren't discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slayerwarlover