AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of thoughts. How in the hell does he manage to cut the bracelet off in the process of running from LE? Also, they need to go after the girl with him and all associated with that day to the full extent allowed. An example needs to be made that helping Derek evade LE will not be tolerated in the hopes that whoever is hiding him now sees it's not worth the risk. He is calling so he is with someone. A clear statement needs to be sent to that someone. I haven't seen that statement in any of the articles so far. I'll leave Chessie's statements alone for the time being as she may have made those statements at the urging of LE. They may have her phone set up in the event he calls her.

Maybe I'm an old hard *advertiser censored* but if I was the one paying his cell phone bill, I'd have it disconnected. He doesn't deserve the privilege of calling around at will while he's a fugitive.

Was Chessie the one who put up Derek's bond? I know it was reduced from $100,000, but how much did it end up being? Does the bond payer lose the entire amount now?

I hate to state the obvious but if he were carrying a cell phone then he probably would've already been found (there are still payphones out there)...that being said...we really don't know all of the details of him running because we don't even know the details of LE's supposed refusal to search for Brit...after all of this time of sleuthing. I personally believe that she is no longer with us but so far it remains to be seen. It is really irritating to read all of the conjecture when my whole heart...and that of many others...longs for someone with first hand knowledge/FACTS to step forward. I used to be soooooo irritated with WS for limiting the comments in this thread but now...not so much.
:banghead:

Was Chessie the one who put up Derek's bond? I know it was reduced from $100,000, but how much did it end up being? Does the bond payer lose the entire amount now?

I think I read it had been reduced to $10,000. I don't know how it typically works in Alabama but usually the family has to put up like 10% and a bond company pays the rest. The bond company is out the money and can go after the family for the other 90%. I would bet they had to pledge their houses or other assets to secure the bond from that company. That is all speculation as for all I know, the company paid $10,000 in cash.

I really thought my level of disgust with this case could not go higher, yet it continues to climb. Any trace of sympathy I may have felt for Derek is gone.

I am still on the fence as to where Brittney may be. Sometimes I think she is dead. Other times I think she vanished with the help of DH before he off'ed himself. I also think DH killing himself was proven to be the most noble action in this group of scum.

Wherever Brittney may be has to be better than where she was.. and Peyton is definitely better off without any of these people in her life.

I hope whoever posted his bond loses every dime. I hope whoever is harboring this fugitive is charged as well, but I have NO faith that any of these people will serve an adequate amount of jail time to pay for what they have done.

How the hell does one run from an accident scene with police chasing them, remove their leg monitor and get away? Seriously.. how could they get away? No dogs? No pursuit?

Jeez louise.. even Barney Fife could do better.

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/oct/16/derek-wood-search-ar-4769540/

Officers apparently don't find what they're looking for, but may be getting close. Neighbors know who Derek Wood is. Anita Freestone said her relative saw him inside her home stuffing money in his pockets. "The front door was open. My mother in law was folding clothes in the shed. When she come back around..he run out of the house". Freestone said if she sees the suspect before police catch him, she has a plan. "If he comes back down there, and the law done told me if we can catch him and hold him down until we get there. I'm holding his butt down until they get there..cause I want my money back", said Freestone.

The bond in almost every state to be paid in order for release is 10% of the over all amount, unless a judge states otherwise. If a person fails to show up to court appointments or hearings, their bond is revoked and any money that could be paid back to the person who got him out, is denied. When you go along with what is ordered, at sentencing (not before) then the person who bonded you out will get their money back MINUS various fees. This is why people should be a tad weary bonding others out unless they know that person is reliable. But, you never get your money back until sentencing. The bond is to ensure they will show to every hearing until justice is considered served.

Escaping from house arrest carries a lighter but similar sentence to escape from jail. I'd suspect, it's a felony and he'll get 3-5 in state prison with his record. Just my humble opinion.

Just to toss out my opinion (not that anyone asked for it); but I never understood why anyone had sympathy for Derek. He's being charged with a crime of rape of a minor. I'm sure many people here have been abused and did not go out to offend, some growing up in foster care situations that were nothing but that - or even home lives. He chooses to make bad choices. I know everyone wants to blame "drugs" or "his past" but here's the thing, lots of people are addicts, recovering or using. Lots of people have been molested, raped or abused. None of these things are excuses for being a terrible person. Terrible people use drugs to give them an excuse for their behavior, that's all. Take away the drugs and have him on his own volition sober, on his own etc etc and see what you have.

I've yet to see one male in this blood line not exhibit anger/hostility issues or have a record, on either side. I do not believe a violent reoffender can be changed, I don't. It's like a unicorn to hear of one. The question is "nature or nurture" here, and I think it's a combination of both genetics and environment. He may have grown up with CPS and his dad is prison but he knew how that felt, and it didnt' feel good, yet he's 2nd or 3rd generation in violent / drug offense with a rap sheet. People have blinders on in this case, saying it's ONE side that failed him and his siblings. No, it's both and now he's failing his child. Yes, Derek is a father. Think about that for a second.

The only people I feel absolute sorrow for are Brittney's daughter and Derek's child(ren?). This is their legacy and they'll have to be nurtured and in therapy the age that it comes to know their parent(s) fate. How else will they cope?

Here is what I find strange. It was reported yesterday, Oct 15 that Derek had been contacting family members all weekend.

Then today, Oct 16th, Fox News has Chessie pleading for him to call her. Don’t tell me that she wasn’t on the list of family members that he has already called …

He was probably calling around for money, rather than arranging to be turned in. I doubt if he is a shelter in the woods - someone is harbouring him.

I think Chessie Lies and has had contact with him.
She let him run as long as she could before having to make a statement!

They never should have let that man out of jail.
Nothing like a rapist druggie. Get him and throw away the key!

I still think someone is harbouring Brit and I think Big bro is going to join her.
I think chessie and her sisters know where Brit is!

FWTW!
I think LE knows her family is hiding her. Or they know she ran away!
There was no real urgency in finding this girl by her family or by LE.
Klass Kids kind of tossed their hands up but stayed to help out ...Just hopeing to find her.

I think they knew all this sheet was going down they had to get Brit out of town.
I d think she is involved in this mess somehow!

JMO

Derek shouldn't be too difficult to locate.

He will stay close to his meth buds.

MOO.

Derek shouldn't be too difficult to locate.

He will stay close to his meth buds.

MOO.

No offense but I really doubt that, his tweeking buds dont want the heat around and they will probably shun him. He might be in the next town over, or clear across the state by now.

I have always believed that Donald Holland helped Brittney get out of town before killing himself and I believe Brittney was very much involved in the drug dealings (at the very least). Derek could be joining her in hiding. And the way this family is they could all very well be involved and know where Brittney and Derek are.

No offense but I really doubt that, his tweeking buds dont want the heat around and they will probably shun him. He might be in the next town over, or clear across the state by now.

Always a possibility with meth addicts.

My experience with them is that they usually run to the same places, even when they cross county and state lines.

Under pressure, meth-heads are capable of acting spectacularly...irrational.

I have always believed that Donald Holland helped Brittney get out of town before killing himself and I believe Brittney was very much involved in the drug dealings (at the very least). Derek could be joining her in hiding. And the way this family is they could all very well be involved and know where Brittney and Derek are.

Oh how I hope she's alive. I don't care what she had a part in, or what she knew, or what she was doing. I just hope she's alive.

Oh how I hope she's alive. I don't care what she had a part in, or what she knew, or what she was doing. I just hope she's alive.

The pressure got to Derek and he ran. Hopefully LE catches up to him soon. With that sign of the pressure rising though, hopefully it means the pressure is rising on the others too and one will start talking.

The pressure got to Derek and he ran. Hopefully LE catches up to him soon. With that sign of the pressure rising though, hopefully it means the pressure is rising on the others too and one will start talking.

Reedus, I engage in conversations here so I don't want you to think I'm picking on you or arguing but you bring up a point and I had to quote you so I could talk about it. Just letting you know, it's nothing at all personal XO

I know that most of us want pressure to be an issue and that it be so overwhelming justice is swift, served and complete without incident. I know we all want these people to feel remorse (these people being those arrested), but I don't feel that those directly involved by commitment of crime or harboring this behavior really feel pressure. To them it seems it's just life or another day. There is a long history of LE involvement, jail time and CPS through out this case on more than one set of parents. It's almost as if they are not phased by the atrocities, which is why so many were involved and so many continue to deny their involvement or step up and do the right then (meaning, plead guilty and let the victims feel safe). The right thing to do would be this alone and not to worry about saving their own backsides, but just like pressure - that doesn't happen here. I am making blanket statements and I'm aware of it. I know nothing is absolute and I also know that I don't follow every gritty detail, so there are things I have wrong. But, from the outside glancing in - nothing looks right. Everything feels "off".

I feel that Derek ran because he's punk. He preys upon people who didn't consent sexually, he hasn't used his time wisely - ever, that we know of and instead of "Manning up" and for once doing the right then for his CHILD, he chose to run. Why? Because he's selfish. That is the one main characteristic that runs through out this entire case, selfishness or agendas that are self-serving. I'm not just referring to those directly involved or related either. It's almost like a festering infection, it turns a lot of good natured people into self serving ego maniacs. It really hurts to watch so much of it when the entire case should be empathetic to the parents of a missing person, or if that can't be felt - at least for the minor children and victims in this case. I can't think of a single person in which this doesn't victimize one way or another. Whether it's Brittney's daughter not having her mother around, or the kids who were sexually assaulted by the people they trusted to protect and love them. No one is safe from harm and maybe that's why everyone is being "selfish" and self involved, as a coping / survival skill. Derek though? He has nothing to lose and nothing to gain, people like this will do ANYTHING because why not?

The only way I can see him turning himself in, is if someone makes him. The longer this goes on the worst I feel it's going to turn about. What will happen when he's cornered the next time (and there will be a next time)? Will he be able to run or will he choose to take his own life? If he's out there with wild abandon and in the "fight or flight" mode, only the worst can be expected, anything less than would be a miracle. I don't wish anyone in this case death or harm, despite what they have done they need to answer and be accountable for their actions. Like someone else pointed out, he's using phones, he's eating I'm sure and able to drink water - I doubt he's in the elements, so someone out there enjoys his company and is along for the ride. This really makes many of us question now, could Brittney be just missing as a runaway? I know I"m questioning that now.

Eileen made some great points and she's a bit tougher skin than I am I think, I wont' say what I believe at this moment but I do think we are all in for a big shock. I just wish there was SOME positive movement in this case, someone with a soul and regard for human life/ innocence. Frustration that police haven't let on to the rest of the iceberg is making it seem like they dropped the ball. Speculation all around, and I don't mean to add to it but it's just my opinion in it all.

Pressure and selfless love would be astounding to see from any one of the charged persons involved. We are now months into the case and they've done nothing that we can see.

Sorry Reedus on going off of your post, I just didn't have a starting point for my rant and you brought up something I wanted to touch on. Nothing personal I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06