AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In five days, Nov 30th will mark six-months since BW went "missing".

Thinking of you and yours today Brittney. Like every other day. I always think "come home", but I know this might not be the ideal resolution, maybe "make yourself or your welfare known"? I sooo hope you are ok, darling girl, and building a new life for yourself somewhere else. Waiting, darling girl, and just hoping for the best, that's what we have been up to.

After BW was reported "missing", did LE walk through/search CW’s house? TIA

Did LE ever take HRD dog/s through CW’s house/property? TIA

09-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Zeaux

Brittney supposedly acquired the gun not long before she disappeared. Her mother either saw it or Brittney told her about it. It's been so long now that I can't remember the details, but I believe she actually saw it (Brittney was "proud" of it). When Brittney acquired it, it only had 2 bullets and she never got more.

AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #5 - Page 28 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
09-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Zeaux

It was a small caliber gun, a 25, iirc. She didn't get it 'for' Donnie. She claimed she got it in a 'trade'. How he ended up with it is one of the key pieces of circumstantial evidence that links her disappearance to him/his suicide/the sex crimes. MOO

AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #5 - Page 29 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

My question: So ... who else, beside CW, can vouch for BW owning the gun? TIA . . . . WWH? :floorlaugh:

09-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Zeaux

Brittney supposedly acquired the gun not long before she disappeared. Her mother either saw it or Brittney told her about it. It's been so long now that I can't remember the details, but I believe she actually saw it (Brittney was "proud" of it). When Brittney acquired it, it only had 2 bullets and she never got more.

AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #5 - Page 28 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
09-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Zeaux

It was a small caliber gun, a 25, iirc. She didn't get it 'for' Donnie. She claimed she got it in a 'trade'. How he ended up with it is one of the key pieces of circumstantial evidence that links her disappearance to him/his suicide/the sex crimes. MOO

AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #5 - Page 29 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

My question: So ... who else, beside CW, can vouch for BW owning the gun? TIA . . . . WWH? :floorlaugh:

Isnt it funny...........everything begins and ends with Chessie...

I dont think they will find her anywhere near where her phone pinged.

she is probably in the opposite direction!

I personally do not believe she was with the phone!

Who paid for Brits phone?

Right ... :waitasec: wasn't the story that BW just got a new phone too just before she went "missing"??? And, she supposedly got a gun "not long before she disappeared" (per Zeaux per CW)? :waitasec:

Right ... :waitasec: wasn't the story that BW just got a new phone too just before she went "missing"??? And, she supposedly got a gun "not long before she disappeared" (per Zeaux per CW)? :waitasec:

Yes!
I think the phone came with the gun!
I have a guess as to who gave it to her!

Yes!
I think the phone came with the gun!
I have a guess as to who gave it to her!

I'll go back and find Zeaux's posts about how Brittney got her phone. I've wanted to reread the part about GPS not being activated. I didn't know one had the choice of activating GPS, I thought it was simply part of the phone.

An easy way to search is the advanced search using both a poster's name and a keyword. Zeaux + gps

Zeaux

Quote:
"Originally Posted by Inthedetails04
No one is disputing this. What I was merely pointing out is that, contrary to popular opinion, your cell is constantly pinging regardless of incoming or outgoing transmissions. You do not have to have GPS activated. This is confirmed by contacting the technical support department for all of service providers, including AT&T, whom I contacted personally."

Zeaux
"I'm going by what I've been told is in the records as obtained by Mobile PD. I'm not anywhere close to knowledgeable about this type thing, but if what you're saying is accurate, and I have no reason to doubt it, then that brings into question a few accepted 'facts'. Hmmm
(BBM)

I've not personally seen Donnie's phone records, but I've been told his phone pinged in the Tillman's Corner area, but not Grand Bay. I realize it doesn't quite make sense that LE believes he drove her yet his phone didn't ping where hers did. Please don't shoot the messenger."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #5

08-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Zeaux

Mobile PD did obtain the records of Brittney's phone pings as well as her call and text history. Her phone did not ping one time since the last ping at
Grand Bay at approximately 1:47 a.m. May 31, 2012. She did not have GPS activated on her phone (within the week she disappeared she had gone to a prepaid sim card after being on a family plan and had not yet activated the gps), so it only pinged when it was in use. There were no pings between Styx River and Grand Bay in that 1.5 hour period up to the last ping. Then nothing. Anything you may have heard about her phone being turned on about a week after she went missing is erroneous information. It has been confirmed by the phone carrier that they initiated action on her account that caused the change in the ring/voicemail.

Mobile PD believes Donnie picked up Brittney near her mother's home around 7:30 pm Wednesday, May 30, 2012. They also believe he was the one who drove her back to the area those early morning hours due to his phone records. His phone had quite a bit of activity during that time frame when Brittney's did not.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #5

Wow brand new sim card in her phone right before she went missing? I'm beginning to wonder if it was even Brittney's phone.

06-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Zeaux

She had a new prepaid sim card in her phone and had not activated gps. So the only way they can track her phone is from usage. It has not pinged since 5/31, early 6/1.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

A brand new prepaid sim card in her phone. I wonder who paid for it? It's like those untraceable phones paid by cash, isn't it? Or am I oversimplifying? How did they determine it was Brittney's phone that they were tracking in the first place?

Now off to see about "new" gun.

06-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Zeaux

She had a new prepaid sim card in her phone and had not activated gps. So the only way they can track her phone is from usage. It has not pinged since 5/31, early 6/1.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

A brand new prepaid sim card in her phone. I wonder who paid for it? It's like those untraceable phones paid by cash, isn't it? Or am I oversimplifying? How did they determine it was Brittney's phone that they were tracking in the first place?

Now off to see about "new" gun.

Gliving, a discussion about cell phones and how they "ping" followed this post. It seems Zeaux might have been mistaken when she said the phone didn't ping. She didn't know that cell phones ping even when not in use.

Since LE knew BW's phone number, they probably could locate the ping records.

ETA: I believe it was after this post that LE confirmed the last ping was from Grand Bay at 1:43 am, June 1.

Zeaux
09-07-2012, 06:15 PM

Zeaux
09-09-2012, 10:55 AM

moo - A new prepaid sim card in her phone, a new untraceable gun (with only two bullets although one can buy more at Walmart) used in a suicide. One could almost believe Brittney was set up. moo Who could benefit from Brittney's disappearance? Who could benefit from Donnie's 'suicide' just before he was to meet with police?

Brittney last seen getting into a SUV that matches Dustin Kent's.

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

Bringing forward a question I previously asked in order to suggest a possible answer:

Q: Why isn't there more/any effort to raise the reward amount to get people talking?

?A?: Well … if the amount is kept low enough, maybe no one will come forward with info that could lead to finding BW???

I've been thinking a lot about why Brittney disappeared, as well as where. If she has met with foul play and been silenced, what was it she might have known? And about who?

It's natural to try and link this with the sex abuse charges others are facing, but I have a little problem with this. I find it really hard to be certain of anyone in the close circle who DIDN'T know, or at least have an idea or suspicion. So why would it just be Brittney who needed to be silenced?

To quote someone else, I can't help feeling I may be missing something hollering out my name, but I just cannot work out what it might be.

Re the gun:

"Brittney supposedly acquired the gun not long before she disappeared."
per Zeaux per CW

"When Brittney acquired it, it only had 2 bullets and she never got more."
per Zeaux per CW

Brittney’s relatives told deputies that the teen normally only had two bullets in her gun.
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/brittney-woods-family-posts-reward-fliers
BBM -Looks like the story was growing!

Re the gun:
<<snipped>>
"When Brittney acquired it, it only had 2 bullets and she never got more."
per Zeaux per CW

Brittney’s relatives told deputies that the teen normally only had two bullets in her gun.
So....Uncle Donnie put one bullet in his head....I wonder how many bullets were in the gun when they found it with him???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck