AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would tend to think you are right = seven plus months later.

Dental? Hair? DNA? Clothes? Possessions (tote bag, flip-flops, jewelry, cell phone)? ??

I was looking up body decomp today and found an interesting article, it said that after decomp moths eat the rest of the hair that is left. ....yuck I didnt know thats what moths ate.

Glad there was ID found, and we dont have to wonder for the next two weeks if its britt.

I ended up on websleuths in Oct. trying to get more info on the boys from North Carolina, we were in Myrtle Beach when they were looking for them, and when i got home i wanted to keep up with the case and i googled them and websleuths popped up. Not sure how i had never found this site before, but anyways this is where i first read about Brittney and i must say when i started reading about her , i could not stop. Keep in mind that i had to open more tabs to google all the names so i could finally figure out who was who. I had quite the headache before i was done, and a very sick feeling. I have always wondered though about why dh was being questioned the day he was shot, i thought his involvement didnt come out until after Brittney disappeared and the girl told someone? i understand there was more than one kid involved, where they all family members? also, don't know if i'm allowed to say it, but you will never convince me cw doesn't know what happened to Brittney or wh either!!! this family makes me appreciate my goofy family so much more now! i just wonder if Brittney will ever be found
I do believe the police in Baldwin county already knew DH was involved in the child molestation. I've read here that he was scheduled to be questioned about it that day or arrested, but it definitely was involving the things that everyone else has been arrested for since then.

This has been discussed extensively on Bob's thread (see my signature). Although decomposition varies a lot according to environment, it really does seem that the best things for identifying Brittney if she's found deceased, apart from her DNA, will be:
Earrings, rings, necklace, bracelet or watch (if they are metal/plastic)
Plastic flip flops
Belt buckle
Buckles from bag
Any high-polyester content clothing
Leather wallet and contents
Cell phone
Cosmetics in plastic containers

I hope someone will come forward with the information that's needed before it gets to that stage though. I would hate to be in the position of whoever (imo) disappeared her or knows who did; knowing she's out there somewhere and that they are responsible for leaving her abandoned to the elements for all this time. Imagine living with that knowledge. What kind of quality of life would a person have?

I appreciate Websleuth members for sharing things I never would know about. Had no idea how big college football is and how it gets lots of media coverage.

Conan O'Brian on his late show tonight showed a clip from the football game where some announcer called attention to one of the player's gf. Conan then did a skit on it. Anybody else know about this? I just became familiar with the football team and player from this case. Lately, it seems, now that I know about it, it's so in my face.

Well, Good Night. :offtobed:

I appreciate Websleuth members for sharing things I never would know about. Had no idea how big college football is and how it gets lots of media coverage.

Conan O'Brian on his late show tonight showed a clip from the football game where some announcer called attention to one of the player's gf. Conan then did a skit on it. Anybody else know about this? I just became familiar with the football team and player from this case. Lately, it seems, now that I know about it, it's so in my face.

Well, Good Night. :offtobed:

Yep it is.

I follow college FB although I have an extreme dislike for both teams that played on Monday night. Both teams are as well protected as Penn State and you see how that turned out.

It's become a little mini scandal with what the announcer said.

(Side note: That player would be DK's nephew. The player's mom (DK's sister) is also quite the topic of conversation even in MSM. I wish this FB player/family member would use some of his fame to draw attention to BW's case. The news media has avoided this relationship and we can't talk about them here on the threads.)

First, to all the Alabama football fans out there, congratulations for a great game.

My last 2 cents on this issue because it's not going to help find Brittney. There is absolutely no reason or need for the media to drag AJ into this mess. It doesn't serve a purpose and would come off poorly. What I had hoped for was that AJ would be able to go to the media, not the media go to him. Having said that, I completely understand why he didn't and I may very well have done the same thing if I were him because of his uncle's allegations. I would not want to be associated with him in any form.

The point I am trying to get at is that while watching the game, TV must have cut to AJ's mom and AJ's girlfriend(Miss Alabama) 100 times. It would have been nice if each time they cut to them they were wearing Brittney Missing Tshirts and they brought up this case of a missing young girl each time instead of talking about how hot AJ's girlfriend is. That would have garnered Brittney's case more attention and brought it into the public's forefront more than a 15 minute, cut up, disorganized segment on Nancy Grace. That is the opportunity that was lost, not because of AJ but because of DK and all the others accused of rape/abuse. Sorry for the rant, but watching the game I was actually pissed at the wasted opportunity and had to vent one last time.

Now, as to what can be done at this point to help find Brittney, I have no idea. :banghead:

Where is WH at now? Why are we not hearing anything from any of the other family members continuing the search for her? It is beyond obvious that WH knows something about this poor child's disappearance. I do not think she ran away. I think she knew way too much and would have had to much information for the police running the investigations on the sex crimes. I think they killed her (as much as that hurts to say). I do not think that DH killed himself out of guiltiness. He did it out selfishness and not wanting to face the consequences. This poor girl never had a chance. What a horrible family to be brought up in. Where was Social Services all this time this child was growing up. I read from several difference sources they were called multiple times on her mother. I feel terrible for these kids growing up in the sick and twisted family.

Do you mean WWH? Or are you referring to Brittneys Dad?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I've started re reading the threads for Brittney, and am currently about a third through the second thread. Poor Brittney did not have an easy life, did she?

One thing that has really stood out for me is that, early on, the family unity, (such as we have recently seen with CW apparently in court when WWH was charged with new offences before Christmas) was not intact when DH sucided, and Brittney went missing. Brittneys family did not go to DH's funeral, and were critical that WWH didn't join in the search for Brittney. (At that time, WWH's twin reminded her that it was "common for this family to take sides") For the first few weeks too, it is impossible for me to believe that CW was anything but a very worried mother. If she knows now what happened to Brittney, I don't believe that she always knew...

Zeaux opined that CW did know about the investigation of DH on child sex abuse allegations, but that further arrests, (of her brother, and another brother in law at that point) were a complete shock to her. There seems to be no reason to think that Zeaux was wrong about this.

So, since those early days, when CW was frantically worried about what had happened to Brittney, and the family was bickering, (to some degree this was public too, on FB at least), there have been multiple arrests of other people, including DW, and WWH, as well as DW's escape- nothing good in other words, enough to push most of us to the edge- but it seems to have done wonders for the relationship between CW and the twins.

I simply cannot understand this.Especially since WWH does seem to know a lot more about Brittney's last day that she has been saying....

What do you think has happened between the sisters since Brittney has been missing?

First time poster long time lurker, I just wanted to try and clear something up so we can get back to focusing on Britney. It took me a long time to find it but I think I did. Everyone is saying that Chessie (sp?) was at Wendy's trial, I believe this to be false. For one Chessie’s Facebook (The Worldwide Search for Britney. Not the Truth one) stated she was at the hospital from the 16th to the 26th with one of her babies. I know the trial was on the 29th. So I went to Wendy's video’s and then through past video’s (all from channel 15 news), first from the video of Wendy’s trial on 29 November I believe everyone saw a picture of Chessie at the 1 minute mark. That is the same video of Chessie in Pensacola for an event with KlassKidds on June 11th that starts at the 1:14 mark. I also found a comment from Chessie on a Channel News 10, article when she and Wally were having it out, when she said that she "would sleep with the devil himself if it got my daughter back". I am on Chessie’s side though, because she is a parent of someone that is missing, I try every day to feel what that is like and ask myself, “What would I do, to find my child?” I get small pains in my chest (longing pains I guess, because I hope to NEVER feel the real pains that someone I love is missing) and my answer every single day is “I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO BRING MY CHILD HOME…ANYTHING!” Now to say did Britney grow up in a bad low socio-economic household? I would have to agree. Do I think the sex crime case has something to do with it? Heck yeah who doesn’t? Well, maybe the Mobile and Baldwin County Sheriff’s. But the things I would do to get my child back would go against every grain of my being as it is now. I would do things that are against my morals and religious beliefs to ensure my child’s return. I would of course ask for forgiveness from my GOD after it was over with, but would not ask for forgiveness from anyone else. So if Chessie wants to go to Wendy’s trial or invite her over for tea, how can that not but help ensure Britney comes home?
That being said, sorry for the rant, I am just getting frustrated like many of you with the lack of information we are receiving. And what seems like the utter disregard for Brittney by the local News and Police. It seems like the case has gone cold and there are no more leads, but how can WE keep Brittney in the News and on everyone’s minds. Every time someone gets arrested for the sex crimes case she keeps getting brought up but is that the kind of publicity that Brittney needs? I know any publicity is good publicity but she is still missing. And yes I believe that they are somehow related, but someone knows something, it can’t have all been lost when DH died. I believe Wendy and possible Mendy know more than they are letting on, praying they start talking soon.

WWH= Wendy Wood Holland, aka WH

We had a post somewhere in the beginning of a thread that listed initials since there were so many players in the case. It got confusing when we used WH for Wendy so we started using WWH for her and WH for Wallace. Hasn't been much talk about him lately but if his name comes up again in the media, it just makes it difficult to follow.
HTH

Welcome to Websleuths Dr_Watson!

Here are the links to the videos you posted about. Yes, you are correct that the news agency spliced an old video of Chessie into a new article. Good catch!

I must say, for a new poster, I thought I'd seen you around Websleuths before. Maybe someone with a similar name and avatar? And too cool that you already have a friends list. WS posters the best. :seeya: Anyway, best wishes and I hope you continue to post.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...ng-Felony-Charges/cFDHoBGYxk6czSqmzptnAg.cspx

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/story/Missing-Child-Smartphone-App/SKnU2gWpaUSe6FVJsZyKGQ.cspx

Miss Alabama and the star quarter back have been in the news lately for a remark made about her being pretty.... It's shameful that Brittany doesn't get that attention for missing this long ..Really?!

BBM

I've started re reading the threads for Brittney, and am currently about a third through the second thread. Poor Brittney did not have an easy life, did she?

One thing that has really stood out for me is that, early on, the family unity, (such as we have recently seen with CW apparently in court when WWH was charged with new offences before Christmas) was not intact when DH sucided, and Brittney went missing. Brittneys family did not go to DH's funeral, and were critical that WWH didn't join in the search for Brittney. (At that time, WWH's twin reminded her that it was "common for this family to take sides") For the first few weeks too, it is impossible for me to believe that CW was anything but a very worried mother. If she knows now what happened to Brittney, I don't believe that she always knew...

Zeaux opined that CW did know about the investigation of DH on child sex abuse allegations, but that further arrests, (of her brother, and another brother in law at that point) were a complete shock to her. There seems to be no reason to think that Zeaux was wrong about this.

So, since those early days, when CW was frantically worried about what had happened to Brittney, and the family was bickering, (to some degree this was public too, on FB at least), there have been multiple arrests of other people, including DW, and WWH, as well as DW's escape- nothing good in other words, enough to push most of us to the edge- but it seems to have done wonders for the relationship between CW and the twins.

I simply cannot understand this.Especially since WWH does seem to know a lot more about Brittney's last day that she has been saying....

What do you think has happened between the sisters since Brittney has been missing?

"This family takes sides and always will."

So, can we have a hands up please, for all those taking Brittney's side?

I'll go first on the list, because I consider it a roll of honour, not a badge of shame. Any of you long-term posters, feel free to knock me off the top spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hyacintha