Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court TV guest is reporting CR was allegedly caught stealing from work (assuming the Day Spa) on Thursday and that she had failed her nursing course. If true, these would be significant events where she might not want to go home and face her family. IMO, ^^this, coupled with CR's recent Tweets have me leaning more towards a mental health issue than a toddler on the interstate. JMO
nothing in her tweets points toward a mental health issue.
it doesn't have to be a mental health issue.
could've just been something she chose to do.
hypothetically, IMO.

I can't find it now, but the poster who mentioned that a person could cause a great drama to hide something they don't want known, in an effort to cancel out the real drama with a "rescue" may be onto something. imo
@whitelilac i am beginning to think this user was spot on. i gave carlee the benefit of the doubt as long as humanly possible. but i do not think this was a mental health issue or an abduction at this point. in my opinion.

I guess some people think it implies that social media rumors true or the business would have claimed all rumors were false.
It doesn’t make sense to me. There’s bound to be dozens of social media rumors- from alien abduction to trafficking. So some are undoubtedly false but I don’t see how that is necessarily bad for her. Further, how can her work know what rumors are true or false? They aren’t the police.

I haven't seen anyone mention this anywhere, and I apologize if it has been mentioned and I just missed it, but in the traffic cam footage when the car is stopped, there is a car in the far right lane that puts their rght blinker on before and while passing the car then turns it off as soon as they pass. Continuing to watch that car, later on it turns it right blinker on again and maybe gets off the highway.

It doesn’t make sense to me. There’s bound to be dozens of social media rumors- from alien abduction to trafficking. So some are undoubtedly false but I don’t see how that is necessarily bad for her. Further, how can her work know what rumors are true or false? They aren’t the police.
I'm more concerned with what the workplace/spa stated they had "uncovered" and forwarded to the investigators.

it's all about the wording. they didn't have to say any of that. coulda kept it simple but they didnt. there's already crazy amounts of speculation and their statement added to it instead of lessened it, and i suspect that's for a reason. i'm thinking the work or school rumors have some truth.

Here’s What Happened to the $63,000 in Reward Money for Missing Carlee Russell

Hoover PD had apparently informed Crime Stoppers that they are not pursing payouts in this case, but that seemed to change by Monday afternoon

After saying the more than $60,000 raised to help find missing Alabama woman Carlethia "Carlee" Russell will be returned to donors, Crime Stoppers reversed course and said it would hold onto the cash for the time being, according to a report.

Bob Copus, executive director of Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama, told AL.com on Monday morning that the $63,378 donated to be used as a reward for information that led to Russell's safe return is already in the process of being returned.

But on Monday afternoon, the group said the opposite.

“This investigation is still ongoing, and accordingly, there is no basis to refund any contributions at this time. Furthermore, the Hoover Police Department has not requested for any donor contributions to be released or refunded,” its statement said, according to AL.com.

[...]

"Hoover PD has informed us that they’re not requesting any payouts on this case,” Copus had said earlier Monday before reversing course.

Birmingham Board of Realtors, which put up $25,000 to help find Russell and an anonymous donor who gave $20,000 have already had their money returned, Copus said earlier Monday.

“This is strictly for the benefit of getting law enforcement the best information as quickly as possible. And also, it allows the public to get involved because they want to get involved,” he said.

Crime Stoppers itself put up $5,000 and claimed to be in the process of informing about 60 donors who gave a combined $13,378.58 that they can be refunded, AL.com reported.

“For large donations, we have an agreement that said you’re giving us this money for this specific case to be used if law enforcement officials deem they’re going to use that money for a payout," Copus said before the decision was reversed. “If it’s not used or the case is never solved, you can have your money back.”

A page to help raise money for the missing Alabama woman was taken down Monday.

[...]

I assumed they were referring to the work place rumors that are out there all over social media. In that case,they (her place of employment) would be able to confirm or deny if those things actually took place or not.

Well, exactly...her employer would need to be more closely connected to the situation for that to make sense, right? Hypothetically speaking.

Court tv reported that she may have stolen from her employer (previous post). That was maybe the rumors they were referring to? IMO.

She stopped for 3 minutes just outside of camera range, then she moved up into her final position which was .44 miles from the first position. So there is a chance she was abducted at the first stop and someone else moved her car into it's final position.
How do we know she stopped for 3 mins outside of camera range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste