Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is:

"There is one terrible and heartless hoax we want to address out of several. I received a text at some point from someone claiming to be Carlee and that she was at the Red Roof Inn. However, when my family went there and knocked on doors and looked for her and there was no indication Carlee was there, nor that she had ever been there. Any further questions or comments about the case will need to be directed to Hoover Police or the ABI," the statement concludes.
Again - that's a statement from her parents, who she clearly lied to.
Her PARENTS said it was a hoax. Not the police. Police so far haven't addressed the Red Roof Inn in the presser.

An ex FBI agent speculated that it might be to create a cover to meet someone. The googling of the bus ticket would seem to confirm this. I would guess when it blew up she got cold feet.
Or the guy (if there was one) wasn't into her like she thought? IDK

Did she want a career in Nashville? Attention from family, public?

What's the motive?

And what's with the bathroom and toilet paper?????

jmo

Beyond the search history, I always wonder how people think this will turn out. What the heck are you going to do in Nashville with $107 and no phone or ID? And leaving in a huge dramatic/police-involved way, instead of just sneaking out at night or something.

Unfortunate for Carlee that her name will forever be associated with a very stupid mistake at 25.

Anyone who hasn't watched the presser yet:
if you want to watch it, watch the PD one on their facebook.

gray talks all throughout his coverage of it and interrupts crucial parts imo and it has been not easy for me as a person with ADHD to watch.
JB on WFLA doesn't talk while watching it, too. So there's also that option.

all that is left are the charges against her.
Yup. And I think because she won't talk to them and fess up, that's what's going to happen.

Her family and friends must be so ashamed and sad. She has had such great support and this is what she did to them. I can't imagine causing my loved ones so much pain.

I've not read every single post but what happened to her picking up two dinners? Now we're hearing about buying snacks at Targets. Did she actually pick up dinner for her mother or did she just buy snacks at Target?
She did both. Allegedly, the restaurant "forgot" her mom's meal, and then she went to Target to get snacks for the 49 hours. I think she took one of the meals with her and the snacks, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28