Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: rude>

SOME people have disorganization and auditory hallucinations, some do not.

Not all mental health disorders look exactly alike, this could have been from stress for all we know. I was diagnosed with BPD when I was 21, never had auditory hallucinations but was absolutely convinced I was being followed and watched on numerous occasions, and called out of work for nearly a week straight out of fear.
agreed. "First break" in a schizophrenia type of presentation is but one example of a mental health crisis. There are many other presentations and concerns that could be relevant, including mood episodes, trauma responses, intrusive thoughts, suicidality, paranoia, delusions that occur in the absence of other psychotic symptoms (even in very high functioning people), etc. In fact if you follow stories about Q-Anon, pizzagate, etc, you see how quickly (as in, in a matter of days sometimes) people with certain vulnerabilities can latch onto delusional level ideas about child trafficking and really deteriorate in functioning (See: Alpalus Slylman, Jessica Prim, Matthew Taylor Coleman). It's a topic currently in the zeitgeist the way alien abductions, gang stalking, and other high emotion, fear driven issues have popped up before and they can manifest in people's illnesses. Obviously we don't know what happened here, but "mental health crisis" can mean many different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just waiting until more is released, I made wrong assumptions in another case (Ashley Bush) because it didn’t make sense to me, the story was off and outlandish. Turns out she was abducted and murdered, it truly happened the way it was reported. I felt terrible, what happens when her family reads what everyone (me included) said?

Of course I don’t personally know Carlee and therefore cannot assess her mental state.

I will just circle back to how relieved I am that she’s alive, with her family, and receiving care.

I think it’s fair to say none of us know yet what caused this, but the traffic video helps to eliminate a lot of the guesswork. There was no other car and there was no baby on the road.

IMO a lot of what we saw on the video were really just tricks of the camera. For example, no shadow of a person could have crossed the illuminated sign, unless someone was levitating. That highway sign is elevated, like all highway signs.

I‘m concerned that Carlee may feel ashamed when she sees the attention her private issue has received, if indeed it is something personal. I hope she instead views it as encouraging that the public was so invested in her well-being.

<modsnip>

JMO, that is.
I noticed a lot of the MSM articles have now shifted their wording to use hedging phrases like "claimed". For example, this NYT article headline:

Alabama Woman Who Went Missing After Claiming to Help a Child on a Highway Is Found

Yesterday most of the articles I was reading had very different phrasing, presenting the presence of the toddler as a matter of fact, like this USA Today article which reads in part: "Carlee Russell, a 25-year-old Alabama woman who was reported missing Thursday after she stopped to check on a toddler she saw walking along an interstate, has returned home, police said Sunday." (emphasis added)

It seems like the MSM is now questioning whether there was a child involved.
WBRC, the station who brought us the traffic footage, has posted a video on their YouTube channel of her home! They meant to include a shot of her neighborhood signage for good measure. That is a bridge too far for me. While anyone could find her if they really wanted to, this is so irresponsible, dirty, and completely unnecessary to this story.

Yeah I’m inclined to believe there never was one, which makes me wonder if the trucker who claimed to see one was either just lying for attention (weird but probably most likely scenario) or somehow involved himself.
Or he could have seen exactly what he saw, except it was on a different highway. If you drive for a living, everything along the way probably tends to blend together a bit.

Missing Nursing Student, Carlee Russell, Found and Taken To Hospital

1689530697690.png *maybe this site can help answer admission questions. I retired from my state’s medical board. The most time consuming step of the application for licensure for interns or residents was coming up with missing pieces in their curriculum vitae timeline. We required them account for any breaks, when, why and proof, especially medical absences for complete documentation. Our board took absences seriously and their files usually were selected for special review at board meetings. Idk if nursing boards are different.

Last edited:
I was worried about the possibility of self harm. Seems like she was hallucinating and you just don't know what could happen from there.

I'm glad she's safe and there is no doubt in my mind that this was not an abduction.

Is it possible she has night blindness and was exhausted and thought she saw a toddler on the side of the road then stopped and rolled down a ditch and then walked back home disoriented?
Ever drive when sleep deprived or exhausted? The mind can play tricks on you.

Or he could have seen exactly what he saw, except it was on a different highway. If you drive for a living, everything along the way probably tends to blend together a bit.
For sure! Someone else commented that they drove by the area around that time as well and remembered seeing similar situation as that driver described, so they called it in as well. Sounds like there were just a few cars pulled over on that stretch of road.

Is it possible she has night blindness and was exhausted and thought she saw a toddler on the side of the road then stopped and rolled down a ditch and then walked back home disoriented?
Ever drive when sleep deprived or exhausted? The mind can play tricks on you.
Yes I have experienced exactly that. I was hallucinating while driving exhausted and kept initially thinking signs were animals that might jump out in front of me so I would slow down so as not to hit them. But I knew I was hallucinating. And I didn't run into the woods.

There's video of her pulling over. Her car never left the road.

The trucker had to have been mistaken or perhaps recalled another vehicle stopped somewhere because the video footage revealed no 2nd car stopped.
The video I saw was only 4 1/2 minutes long. The police were not there yet when I cut off. Where is the longer version of video showing the entire time frame of her pulling over to cops arriving?

Where is a link to the video showing the entire time frame from her pulling over to the police arriving?
I'm not sure what can be linked, so I won't... but it's pretty easy to find in all of the places you'd expect. Look for videos that run about 4:45 seconds - right around then is when the police arrive.

The culdesac immediately through the woods to the right has a large fence separating the property from the interstate. The homes immediately through the woods to the left don’t appear to have fences in the back but I’m betting the same fence runs along deeper in the woods.

I’d be interested to know about this fence. It appears to be the kind placed by the state… not like a personal privacy fence homeowners erect. Does it have gates or openings? If so, how far must one travel to the left or right to find one?

IMG_6061.jpg

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I can't believe Daily Mail is running with it... but that's Daily Mail for you. We're allowed to link Daily Mail, I believe?

There's still no hard evidence whatsoever that an abduction took place, no description of the abductors, and if that did in fact happen, it will come from the police. This will be a major risk to the public if confirmed true, so they will be forced to put out descriptions.

There's still no hard evidence whatsoever that an abduction took place, no description of the abductors, and if that did in fact happen, it will come from the police. This will be a major risk to the public if confirmed true, so they will be forced to put out descriptions.
She might be too traumatised to give a description of the perp/s.

Mother states there's an ongoing investigation on the Find Carlee FB page

<modsnip: Not victim friendly>

people who are mortally wounded talk to the police. something either happened or didn't and i've got to believe the police already have a sense based on their evidence and her cooperation.

Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25, knocked on the door of her parents home on Saturday evening

On Instagram, her boyfriend Thomar Latrell Simmons said his girlfriend was "literally fighting for her life" and said she had been kidnapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay