Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm! It would be strange for a kidnapper to stop and grab snacks in the process.
The aforementioned "Colonnade" is the overarching home/mall/plaza of the restaurant where she originally stopped, and not some kind of local colloquialism for the highway... I think the timeline is saying she bought the snacks at Target before getting on the highway/spotting the male toddler in diaper.

Has it been confirmed that six carloads of people showed up at RRI after the hoax text from Carlee? And that the family went to Atlanta after getting a tip that she was there?
I cannot say what I would do in her parents’ situation, but it is hard for me to believe that LE would have advised the family to go to RRI or Atlanta. Based on the alleged circumstances of her disappearance, she would presumably be in grave danger and it would not be safe for anyone other than LE to handle her rescue. It’s almost like the parents were trying to get to her before LE did.

Has it been confirmed that six carloads of people showed up at RRI after the hoax text from Carlee? And that the family went to Atlanta after getting a tip that she was there?
I cannot say what I would do in her parents’ situation, but it is hard for me to believe that LE would have advised the family to go to RRI or Atlanta. Based on the alleged circumstances of her disappearance, she would presumably be in grave danger and it would not be safe for anyone other than LE to handle her rescue. It’s almost like the parents were trying to get to her before LE did.

There’s likely a little truth buried in that along with Red Roof locations in both Atlanta and Birmingham.

I can't find it now, but the poster who mentioned that a person could cause a great drama to hide something they don't want known, in an effort to cancel out the real issue/drama with a "rescue" may be onto something.
Yes I think if someone moved her car because they abducted her they wouldn't leave it running on a busy freeway.
Abductors don't care if your car is left running. The abductor theory will soon be dispelled as was the toddler for bait theory. MOO

Her parents have maintained that she was “absolutely” abducted.
“There were moments when she physically had to fight for her life, and there were moments when she had to mentally fight for her life,” the mother told the outlet.

“She’s having to deal with the trauma of people just making completely false allegations about her,” she added. “Carlee has given detectives her statement so that they can continue to pursue her abductor.”

Her parents have maintained that she was “absolutely” abducted.
“There were moments when she physically had to fight for her life, and there were moments when she had to mentally fight for her life,” the mother told the outlet.

“She’s having to deal with the trauma of people just making completely false allegations about her,” she added. “Carlee has given detectives her statement so that they can continue to pursue her abductor.
But as of 9pm last night, “Hoover PD says they are waiting for a chance to get a second interview with Carlee.” (Emphasis in quote is mine)

Fire department radio traffic obtained by several media outlets shows that medics were dispatched to her residence on an “unresponsive but breathing” person.

That was the term used in the initial dispatch of the Hoover Fire Department to the residence, and the information about her condition was simply a dispatcher relaying information from what a 911 caller told the emergency communicator. When first responders arrived on the scene, police said they found Russell conscious and speaking and she was transported in that condition. She was later treated and released from a local hospital.

An update of sorts.
LE have been fairly tight-lipped thus far ?

However, Hoover police have been unable to confirm whether there was a child on the highway.
"Carlee’s 911 call remains the only timely report of a child on the interstate," Hoover police said in the statement.

Police said they have not been able to locate if anyone was with Russell from the time she left the business until she called 911.

In a Tuesday night update,
police said Russell went to Target after leaving The Colonnade and bought snacks.

"These items were not located in the vehicle or with her cell phone and wig at the scene of her disappearance," police said in a statement sent to USA TODAY.
Emphasis mine.

LE have been reticent with what they have to say, as in my opinion they don't want to presume anything until they know for sure ?
So it's interesting what they are publicly releasing.
I'm going to go ahead and guess that they may know more than they're saying but still need to verify ?
The Target shopping/sighting has me believing that LE have diligently been scouring any and all security camera footage.
As far as the snacks, maybe they were consumed before Carlee stopped by the road, and the wrappers discarded ?
Omo.

Last edited:
Thank god LE released an update clarifying that they found no evidence of a toddler walking along the road! I feel like that had a lot of people feeling uneasy for a bit

Interested to see what is said in the press conference today
Yeah, I’m really interested in what is said today.
Previously I said I believed the victim until more evidence is shown- with what was released last night, I’m now comfortable saying she caused her own disappearance. It’ll be interesting to find out why, if we are given that info. MOO

Thank god LE released an update clarifying that they found no evidence of a toddler walking along the road! I feel like that had a lot of people feeling uneasy for a bit

Interested to see what is said in the press conference today
When I first read about this, it definitely made me feel a bit uneasy, thinking there might be a child in danger on the side of the highway. But the more coverage this case got, the less that story sounded even close to reality.

I suspect at this point LE know there wasn't a child, or any evidence of an abduction, but plenty of other evidence to support an entirely different scenario.

jmo

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for speculation outside the bounds of the known facts of the case>

i think the tweets are interesting... not so much for their content, but the timing. yes - i know it's possible to tweet while driving with emojis... but i don't know... maybe i'm old... but i feel like there is a good chance she was stationary (waiting for food/sitting in a parking lot/in checkout line) when each was made. i wonder if they will sync up with what we find out today.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thought is if LE has her on video walking home alone Saturday night they may very well have more video of her being dropped off somewhere close to home or have a good portion of return path home.
With cameras just about everywhere these days, you're probably spot on with her being captured on camera in various places. Along with whoever she was with, and the make/model or even license plate of that vehicle.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member