Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing here that her parents might still be in denial. They sound like enablers to me
Per the presser -- Police have a good relationship with the parents and have been in contact with them daily including contact right before the presser.

Parents allege that CR is still too traumatized to speak to the police (to assist with details for the investigation).

IMO, enablers, where CR rules and they walk on eggshells. JMO

LE can't just force people to stop in for a chat unless they do so by arresting said person. They can't arrest someone without probable cause. Your suspicion of wrongdoing does not constitute probable cause.

Those of us in the US may be viewed by other countries as being crass and uncouth, but at least we have some protection of our civil rights here.

ETA to add MOO, because I'm pressed for time and can't attach information about US law. It's easy to search for and find that information if someone is truly interested.
I don't know your knowledge of other country's laws, but the majority are not different.

It begs the question why? Why did she feel she needed to take $107.00? Wasn't this a young woman who was driving a Mercedes?
I wonder if it was closer to $500 or so - after expenses for snacks/meals and a couple nights at a hotel/motel (an inn perhaps?)

Edit: this is not to say that she has a better reason for stealing 500 than 107. Just speculating on why that random amount was in her sock.

Full Update: Carlee Russell said she escaped kidnappers who pulled her into 18-wheeler; Hoover police find no public risk

Jul. 19, 2023, 12:52 p.m.

While at UAB Hospital, Carlee Russell told Hoover police she escaped the clutches of a man and woman who snatched her from the side of Interstate 459 two nights earlier, officials said at a Wednesday press conference.

However, police said the investigation they conducted since she vanished that Thursday night, and after she showed up at her Hoover family home Saturday night, led them to “have no reason to believe that there is a threat to public safety related to this case,” police said.

Police were “unable to verify most of Carlee’s initial statement made to investigators,” said Hoover police Chief Nick Derzis.

Derzis said the investigation continues but “due to the public interest and in some cases public fear that this story has created, we owe it to our citizens to tell them the facts that we have uncovered at this point.”

What was her motive for disappearing? Was she running away from failures from school/family expectations? She went way over the top. <modsnip> And I'm sure those she spoke to that night are under a microscope. So wonder she called her boyfriend's sister rather than her mother. Smdh. I do expect them to charge her. And she will likely face federal charges as well. She might as well get ready.
I do hope they keep her under surveillance. I don't think she expected this amount of attention and wonder what she'll do if felt backed into a corner. I just can't figure out why this stunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per the presser -- Police have a good relationship with the parents and have been in contact with them daily including contact right before the presser.

Parents allege that CR is still too traumatized to speak to the police (to assist with details for the investigation).

IMO, enablers, where CR rules and they walk on eggshells. JMO

I get what you're saying but she is also 25. Not like they can force her to do something.

I watched #JB. Can't watch GH. You just reminded me of one of the reasons why I don't. ;)
Lol! Yes, I'm absolutely not a GH fan, his coverage just popped up on my recommended on YT and I wanted to get on over there to report back here for any of y'all who couldn't watch

I suspected it was planned somewhat, but never to this level. She’s really a piece of work !

I think this could have involved meeting up with some guy she met on-line and/or a tremendous need for attention- well she got the attention- good luck getting hired for any job right now---- you really screwed your life up missy

IMO the Hoover police have done a spectacular job of first searching for Carlee, then when she went home, they are searching for the truth.

It is preposterous to think she’d have called 911 in alarm over a toddler alone on the interstate, but rather than securing him in her car while she waited for LE, she preferred the very dangerous method of trailing him for the length of six football fields. It is a bad cover story.

So is escaping from an 18-wheeler and subsequently a car, without apparently being injured other than a cut on the lip? But they didn’t tie her up out of concern for impressions on her arms?

All of this to cover up the theft of a bathrobe, toilet paper and $100 in her sock?

My guess is perhaps she was planning on a medical procedure, lipo or something else that she wanted to hide, and was instructed to bring a robe and toilet paper? Although that seems very far-fetched.

JMO

Check the interview with the mom talking about Carlee missing, calling her about food order being messed up. And saying CR loves her food. Who is that man on the right of the screen laughing? Do you think he's laughing at the comment. It's a weird moment to laugh.

My thoughts...if she needed a break or most likely was trying to get attention from her boyfriend or someone else she could have easily given everyone a scare by turning her phone off, driving somewhere further away or parking her car somewhere it might not be noticed within just a day or two. As horrible as that is to scare some of your loved ones for a couple days without them knowing your whereabouts you most certainly have the right to do that without judgment from me.

BUT to call 911 yourself, make up a story involving a child in danger, and leave your car running with personal items inside including your phone that you were searching about amber alerts is on a whole other level of horribleness and premeditation I can't wrap my head around.

Does anyone truly think her parents believed her story without a doubt?

I'd have to think so for going on Today Show as that's utterly embarrassing but also feel like they could have been in denial or trying to save face hoping after it would put it to bed somewhat. I also do not believe this was out of nowhere just like Sherri Papini who had a history of lying and making up stories for attention. You can look like you have the perfect life on the outside but there had to have been signs of this type of behavior in the last 25 years to knowingly plan something so deceitful without any concern for how many people were involved and concerned....

I wonder if the call about the gray car had to do with this? Don't you need an automobile involved to instigate an amber alert?

Just thinking aloud.

jmo
My first thought was “you also need to be a child,” and then my second thought was that she did insert a child into the story. Was she trying to cause a fake amber alert for the supposed child or for herself?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member