Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Tuscaloosa, so my experiences with the area are shopping at the Summit, Galleria, and surrounding stores. Sports activities at local schools and the Met. Visiting the zoo, etc. I can tell you this… there is a huge disparity in socioeconomic status between the city of Hoover and it’s neighboring Bessemer. Both have had their share of violence. The general Birmingham area is no safe place at all, although I regularly visit there on my own and would have no qualms at all about driving this interstate alone. Would I stop in Hoover alone? Yes. Bessemer? Not likely but I have before. Would I let my 16 year old daughter drive there alone? Absolutely not.

The point of the picture is- those were the clothes she was wearing that night, not sure what you need out of this?
I'm pretty certain they were referring to an earlier post that kind of implied that because Carlee was wearing the applewatch in that photo, that she must have been wearing it that night (it was found in her purse - ergo a potential 'wilful' disappearance). Whoever originally put that photo out there though only states that this was the last outfit she was seen in and not that the photo is of her the day she disappeared - that fact really needs to be made clear for all the speculators out there.

About the watch and all the speculating going on as to what it infers; the fact that it was found in her prurse really means nothing until we learn what Carlee's habit was. Some people wear them all the time, some not, some only while training, some not, some take them off as soon as they die, some take them off only when they go to charge them. In this case, we simply do not know what Carlee's habit is and thus we cannot transfer "what I'd do" onto her nor infer any kind of scenario based upon this.

Is there some kind of irrigation channel in the woods where the car was found? On google earth(PC) the historical imagery shows, what I can only describe as an irrigation channel or some kind of path? Is there a culvert?
Not sure how to link google earth, but the historical imagery dates can be seen in the top of each photo.

Attachments

• 02.22.jpg
    02.22.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 2023-07-15 142629.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-15 142629.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Inked01.22.jpg
    Inked01.22.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 36
She has to be somewhere. If she isn't there (nearby) - how did someone get her willing or unwillingly to go somewhere else? There would have to be a vehicle. We don't see one on the highway, so it would have to be on the other side of those woods.

Seems like a weirdly elaborate and poorly thought out kidnapping(?) plot... but we've certainly seen criminals do things that aren't logical or well-planned and sometimes make absolutely no sense... on the other hand... a staged disappearance has to be a consideration.

Beg to differ with you, not the Interstates I've traveled.

Snow fence, sometimes, but I doubt that's useful in Alabama?

jmho ymmv lrr
Here in AL we have fences all along the interstate highways. They stop at exits, over/underpasses, and some obstructions. They even go over steep hills at interstate highway cuts. I thought it was in the federal code, but maybe some states have exemptions. On google maps if you zoom in you can see the fence on the north side of the interstate west of the Chapel Ln overpass.

Is there some kind of irrigation channel in the woods where the car was found? On google earth(PC) the historical imagery shows, what I can only describe as an irrigation channel or some kind of path? Is there a culvert?
Not sure how to link google earth, but the historical imagery dates can be seen in the top of each photo.
That matches this structure (pullover spot is star to left).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715-121339_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715-121339_Maps.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 29
Thanks very much for the pictures. They're super helpful for context.

My best guess at this point is a hit and run after Carlee pulled over to investigate whatever it was she saw or thought she saw. I'm praying, however, that she simply wandered off and will be found safe somewhere soon.
Did you notice that one truck that swerved at the last second? There was a car beside it so it couldn't change lanes.
There was an accident some time ago in which a trucker hit a person and didn't even know it and traveled a long distance before discovering the body on the front of the truck.

<modsnip: not an approved source>

I can’t imagine what being on the receiving end of the phone call when she screamed & only traffic noise heard after. So haunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty certain they were referring to an earlier post that kind of implied that because Carlee was wearing the applewatch in that photo, that she must have been wearing it that night (it was found in her purse - ergo a potential 'wilful' disappearance). Whoever originally put that photo out there though only states that this was the last outfit she was seen in and not that the photo is of her the day she disappeared - that fact really needs to be made clear for all the speculators out there.

About the watch and all the speculating going on as to what it infers; the fact that it was found in her prurse really means nothing until we learn what Carlee's habit was. Some people wear them all the time, some not, some only while training, some not, some take them off as soon as they die, some take them off only when they go to charge them. In this case, we simply do not know what Carlee's habit is and thus we cannot transfer "what I'd do" onto her nor infer any kind of scenario based upon this.
Sorry I can’t locate a link right now but I just watched a news report on WBRC where a male reporter stated that the photo of Carlee in the black Nike shirt, black shorts, white cap, wearing a white watch, and making a peace sign was taken while she was at work on the same night of her disappearance. I believe the report posted 16-17 hours ago according to the time stamp on the video.I used to wear my Apple Watch a lot but I never really liked wearing it as it was so heavy feeling. I would take it off and leave it in random places just because I was tired of wearing it. I have no idea where it is now! I stuck it somewhere many months ago and can’t find it!

Sorry I can’t locate a link right now but I just watched a news report on WBRC where a male reporter stated that the photo of Carlee in the black Nike shirt, black shorts, white cap, wearing a white watch, and making a peace sign was taken while she was at work on the same night of her disappearance. I believe the report posted 16-17 hours ago according to the time stamp on the video.I used to wear my Apple Watch a lot but I never really liked wearing it as it was so heavy feeling. I would take it off and leave it in random places just because I was tired of wearing it. I have no idea where it is now! I stuck it somewhere many months ago and can’t find it!
so with the cap and watch off, she was in all black...

Did you notice that one truck that swerved at the last second? There was a car beside it so it couldn't change lanes.
There was an accident some time ago in which a trucker hit a person and didn't even know it and traveled a long distance before discovering the body on the front of the truck.

I watched the video trying to look for any vehicles swerving or showing any indication that they might have hit something, but didn't notice anything. What's the time stamp for the movement you're referring to? I also considered the possibility that she walked some distance away from the car and may have been struck by a vehicle somewhere off camera.

Saturday - 2:36 p.m. Update: The Hoover Police Department has released an additional photo of Carlee Russell that may accurately depict her current appearance….

Friday - 4:46 a.m.: Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, a 25-year-old Black female who is 5′4, 150-160 pounds was reported missing July 13. Authorities say Russell was last seen wearing a black shirt, black pants and white Nike shoes. Carlee has a scripture tattoo on the back of her shoulder that says “God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.”
Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell in the clothes she was last seen in on the night of July 13

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0215.jpeg
    IMG_0215.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 55
I watched the video trying to look for any vehicles swerving or showing any indication that they might have hit something, but didn't notice anything. What's the time stamp for the movement you're referring to? I also considered the possibility that she walked some distance away from the car and may have been struck by a vehicle somewhere off camera.
At 2:17 it is right beside her car so start watching a little earlier. It crosses slightly into the next lane and then back and just keeps going.

Plausible, but how could she be attacked and LE not find evidence of a struggle near the car?
Arguably, her hat and wig found on the ground could be evidence of a struggle. It implies that she was struck in the head, or had something placed over her head, grabbing or knocking off the hat and wig with it.

In the traffic cam video, does anyone see what looks like a car parked off the road toward the trees just ahead of Carlee's? The only time you see it is at 1:54 when a truck drives by. There are a lot of weird shadows, but it jumped out at me. I tried to take a screen shot.
1:52 to 1:54 ... looks like a silver car to this old girl. For the life of me though, I can't see it pulling back onto the highway with lights on or off, so perhaps maybe just an optical illusion. Ot maybe it pulls on just before the police actually pull over to the side of the road (after they turn on their lights) ... maybe why the video ends so abruptly like "that's their clue".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia