Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Because of the traffic cam videos that were released.
Regarding the traffic cams....clearly shows there was a LOT of constant traffic.
I think someone would have witnessed and called it in if they saw a commotion going on around that car on the side, regardless if it was nighttime,.. especially a trucker.
One's eye is normally drawn to unusual and unexpected activity while passing by in the next lane.

Was Carlee alone in the car?

Could the child have been an adult sitting down on the side of the road and appeared to be a child when she first drove by and she circled back to check it out?

I've watched the video and it's so hard to make out what is going on. Hope LE has enhanced it even further by now.

This is a very strange and troubling missing persons case!

The video of her car is troublesome, as is the description of the child.
There is no way to know if she was even driving the car.
I also thought about the possibility of her not driving the car or being there at all. But then I hit a roadblock regarding the last phone call. A scream was heard and then nothing. If it was the same phone, it was found when police arrived.

This may sound ignorant, but how do gators get to the water In lakes and ponds? I live in Metro Atlanta, so similar geography as central Alabama. We also have water e everywhere and are always at the lake. My in-laws live on Lake Oconee, we were there yesterday. Is seeing a gator something I need to add to my list of things to worry about?! I have three young kids, so it’s a long list!

Edited to add: all of our lakes are man-made as the closest large body of water is the Atlantic Ocean 4 hours away in Savannah.
We have tons of waterways in Louisiana>lakes, bayous, rivers, and ponds. our family grew up skiing in bodies of water with quite a few alligators swimming around. We brought my daughter and her son skiing last week in the intercoastal canal. Most alligators don’t show interest unless you get close to a female and her babies. Sometimes they will nudge your boat when your fishing with fresh bait. The gators think you’ll feed them.

3 things
I'm curious. Is there a toddler in diapers/briefs or a dog tht wears briefs in the neighborhood on the other side of those trees? My dog wore bloomers (effective potty training tool).I mean are we talking older ppl in that area, or families with young kids?

Also- i assume the responding officer's dash cam and body cam has been viewed to be safe?

I know for me ive watched that video in slow motion looking all down the right side of the video. Has anybody searched the left side? Did LE search the left side of the hwy into those woods?

Could the child have been an adult sitting down on the side of the road and appeared to be a child when she first drove by and she circled back to check it out?

I've watched the video and it's so hard to make out what is going on. Hope LE has enhanced it even further by now.

Doubtful. Listen here

It's not clear enough to make any sense at all/
Huff Post write this too.

The footage, which was captured by the online company Traffic Cam Archive, shows a red vehicle that reportedly belongs to the missing woman, Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, slowly driving on the shoulder of the highway in Hoover, Alabama before coming to a stop. The video is not clear enough to decipher additional details.

For over 48 hours, police and other law enforcement have been trying to locate Russell, who has not been seen or heard from since Thursday. During a press conference on Friday, Hoover Police Department Lieutenant Daniel Lowe said that the department has received a lot of tips and is sending investigators to follow up on them.
Derzis said on Saturday that the department will try to enhance the traffic video since it’s too blurry to identify any other details about the incident.

Has it been confirmed whether her belongings were found inside or outside of the car? The latter would certainly seem to point to an abduction. I'm also wondering if anyone has any information on what kind of wig she was wearing. I know there are some that just slip on and off like a hat, and others that are literally sewn in. If it was the more permanent kind and it was found, then a violent struggle must have taken place.

“My son’s girlfriend heard her asking the child, ‘Are you OK? She never heard the child say anything but then she heard our daughter scream,’’ Talitha Russell said. “All you hear on her phone is background noise from the interstate.”

“Her car door was open,” Talitha said. “They found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat...Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well.”

Talitha Russell said a tip was called in from a trucker.

“He saw a gray car with a tall brown skinned man with khaki shorts on leaning over in the car,’’ Talitha Russell said.

“The police did find some tire tracks in the grass,’’ she said. “They said because it was not a muddy area, they were not able to determine what type of vehicle it could have been.”

Authorities are not committing to any one theory in Russell’s disappearance, police said at a Friday afternoon press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia