Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think something is off here, maybe Carlee had a psychotic break, seems like she is under a lot of stress. That is an expensive car she is driving wonder if she has to make payments.

It’s an odd scenario but I’m not seeing a mental health issue imo.

From a tip, we know there was supposedly another car near her, which supports the foul play theory.

Of course, we never know until we know.

Wow, so it seems as if an actual human child was used to lure Carlee to stop and check on them. IMO-this was a random abduction and if not Carlee it would of been someone else. Whoever did this was hoping the "right" victim would stop.
Where I live, I have read FB and Twitter warnings of dolls and mannequins placed in ditches to lure people, but never a real human child.

How could someone drive up to her, not knowing who she was, or if she had a gun, and within three minutes get her out of the car and into theirs, and leave the scene. Her phone and smartwatch were left behind so she can’t be tracked. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s an odd scenario but I’m not seeing a mental health issue imo.

From a tip, we know there was supposedly another car near her, which supports the foul play theory.

Of course, we never know until we know.
Have we found any of her social media accounts? Of course it could be random, without a doubt - but I'm curious if she is having any relationship issues right now. Recent breakup? Any reason someone would be stalking her?

Putting a toddler out on a busy freeway to attract an unknown rescuer, makes zero sense. What if it's an off duty LEO, or burly dude? Super weird thing to do out on a busy highway with lots of eyes ... something's not right on first blush, too risky.

Everything that could be used to track her was left behind. I don't have a good feeling about this and imo the child was used as bait

“Her car door was open, the engine was running, and they found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat,’’ Talitha Russell said. “Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well.”

Last edited:
I can't access this link because of location but the meta description say $25k reward is being offered. Please someone post

The only new information is the last sentence: An anonymous source has offered $20,000 for the reward, in addition to the $5,000 raised by CrimeStoppers.

When police arrived in the area, they located Russell’s car and some of her belongings nearby but did not find her or a child. In a press conference, Lt. Daniel Lowe said there has been a report from someone that said they saw a vehicle and a man where Russell reported seeing a toddler.

Lowe said Russell got off work at the Summit around 8:20 p.m. and went to pick up food. Then, she headed to Hoover.

What is the Summit?

When police arrived in the area, they located Russell’s car and some of her belongings nearby but did not find her or a child. In a press conference, Lt. Daniel Lowe said there has been a report from someone that said they saw a vehicle and a man where Russell reported seeing a toddler.

Lowe said Russell got off work at the Summit around 8:20 p.m. and went to pick up food. Then, she headed to Hoover.

What is the Summit?
The Summit is the Spa where she worked.

Talitha Russell said her daughter left The Woodhouse Day Spa at the Summit, where she works part time, and stopped by Taziki’s at the Colonnade at 9 p.m. to pick up food for herself and her mother.

Everything that could be used to track her was left behind. I don't have a good feeling about this and imo the child was used as bait

“Her car door was open, the engine was running, and they found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat,’’ Talitha Russell said. “Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well.”

Yeah. At first it just seemed like a quick grab and all her stuff was overlooked in the struggle at night.

But I agree, now it looks like a deliberate move to avoid anything that would track her. I just wonder if she was wearing her Apple watch and it was removed, possibly with fingerprint evidence.

And not a robbery as a motive, unless we hear otherwise from LE.

What is the Summit?
The Summit is a mall.

The Summit is a mall.
Just came to same this same thing. It is a very upscale mall. I've been a few times and it is super nice. when I was last there they had a Pel*ton storefront, a Tr*der J*e's L*sh, J. Cr*w etc etc etc.

This definitely sounds like a mental health break.

It would be an insanely risky and bizarre tactic to place a child on the side of a busy interstate on the offhand chance a young attractive woman stops to help. People could call the police, the child could be run over, cops could spot the child and so on. And trust me, 459 is extremely busy. Nobody else saw a kid. Definitely don't think this is trafficking.

There are plenty of examples of people going through mental health breaks that see things that are not there and some even call 911 reporting it.

I would be checking the woods nearby.....

Knox, that video no longer works. Can you indicate what it was?

Posts​

Hoover (AL) Police Department was live.​

Carlee Russell press conference
#hooverpd

345923496_215759068105798_5707612911461511425_n.jpg

Have no idea why they would delete their Press Conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper