Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will come out.
MOO her abductors did not realize the national attention she was going to get.
And wow was that fast on the crime stopper's reward. LE was featuring it on their page and accepting donations. It was over 50k in under 48 hours. That would have to scare even the most cold-hearted kidnapper!

She's been found safe and sound. It's time to rejoice her homecoming, and it's become crickets in here. Where'd all y'all go? Well, at least there's a handful still on here, or maybe everyone is just checking back in at different times and people don't know yet. What a fantastic outcome!! I can't even imagine the rejoicing and tears when her parents opened that front door. May she and her family be blessed with peace, comfort, and support as they journey onward.
When the threads closed I went to celebrate text with a few friends and family and didn’t know they had reopened. Carlee seems like a very bright young lady with a wonderful, loving family. Whatever happened that night, they will be her biggest asset in helping her move forward. Best case scenario for her all around!

But what happened? People were looking for her nationally. Who is the child;Where he/she is right now? What are the circumstances that led to Carlee's disappearance under such weird urcumtances?
In my opinion, based on the available evidence, there was no child. There was no grey truck.

She may have hallucinated. She may have made it up. It will come out eventually.

I am happy she is safe. There might not have been a child. Driving at night, most of us have "seen" things. It is also not uncommon for someone under stress, sleep deprived, or mentally strained to see things. She most likely had a break down. I I can understand mental health issues and exhaustion. It could be so life detrimental if combined; If this is the case, I so hope she gets all the help and support that she needs! she is getting help.
I can understand mental health issues and exhaustion. It could be so life detrimental if combined; If this is the case, I so hope she gets all the help and support that she needs!

In my opinion, based on the available evidence, there was no child. There was no grey truck.

She may have hallucinated. She may have made it up. It will come out eventually.
It was reported by a passing trucker that a silver car was near the scene. It was in the article along with a discription of a male leaning into her vehicle...I never knew about a grey truck?

If there was nothing nefarious that happened to Carlee then hopefully she and her family can move forward from this point with the privacy they will need , and it's great that we have a wonderful outcome to this case.
I feared the worst but am happy that her family has her back safe.
Omo.

I figured the thread would remain closed all night. We have such fantastic mods who work tirelessly to keep things on track.

I’m just so thrilled she is alive and safe. I guess at this point, I still lean towards thinking something bad happened to her. Maybe whomever took her panicked when her disappearance got so much attention. Maybe someone knew what was going on and said they’d go for the reward money if she wasn’t released. Someone several pages back hypothesized it was possible someone at the restaurant was annoyed she asked for her food to be corrected, especially so close to closing time, and could’ve slipped some sort of drug in her food causing her to hallucinate or have a bad reaction.

Either way, I didn’t think she would be found alive. I am so thankful I was wrong.

This clears up the report of a gray car at the scene.

“From the time that she stopped to the time that the first officer hits the blue lights and gets to the scene — we do not see another vehicle pull over or anything like that,” Chief Derzis said.

An early tip about a gray vehicle with a man standing outside of Ms. Russell’s vehicle was discounted after the footage review, the chief added."

I was hoping she would have been discharged home by now but what time is it over there?
She arrived home at 11pm, Police notified and paramedics called.. is that 2 hrs ago or more or lesss?

Little over 2 hours. But since her family/friends are in front of the ER, maybe they aren't admitting her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth