Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also: heres what I see discussed on nearly every missing adult thread at websleuths: abduction, drug use, mental health crisis and walk away. In nearly every single missing thread except child threads or when there is a photo or vid of the person being attacked or taken. It comes up at least once. It may be cleaned up but all the cades i see it is discussed. I feel like we are lieing to ourselves if we cant all admit that.

These possibilities are all discussed because they’re all possibilities. To a lesser extent, most of us would rather see these alternate possibilities be the reality because that is likely a better, safer outcome for the victim.

We may find out what happened at some point or we may not. We aren't owed an explanation.

I disagree. We aren’t owed the personal details of why, but given the number of parents wringing their hands last night and having conversations with their teen/young adult drivers about the dangers of stopping to check on a child, etc and how the children have been used as bait for years now (see below!!! This is what I mean!!) when that is simply untrue, I think it’s important for LE to dispel that notion in this case.

MOO I don't believe for a moment this was a mental crisis issue.

We have been warned for years now of how children are used as bait on roadways for abductors.

Exhibit A!

These possibilities are all discussed because they’re all possibilities. To a lesser extent, most of us would rather see these alternate possibilities be the reality because that is likely a better, safer outcome for the victim.

I disagree. We aren’t owed the personal details of why, but given the number of parents wringing their hands last night and having conversations with their teen/young adult drivers about the dangers of stopping to check on a child, etc and how the children have been used as bait for years now (see below!!! This is what I mean!!) when that is simply untrue, I think it’s important for LE to dispel that notion in this case.

Exhibit A!
That’s an interesting take, appreciate your sharing it. I’m a mom of daughters, but the convo I had with them last night wasn’t about children used as bait by traffickers. It was about what to do if a situation in life has gone wrong or if they’re worried about how they feel and are functioning, and that there’s very little mom and dad can’t help fix in life and there’s nothing so embarrassing or shameful that they can’t come to us. I guess I hope we have all of the conversations. Agree 1000% on better, safer outcomes.

I'm glad Carlee is safe. From sound of LE saying they will "eventually" talk to her, it doesn't sound like their is a kidnapper out there on the loose. IF this was something planned ahead, why would she pick up food for her mom? Also leaving your purse and phone on the side of the road where any stranger could take it? If this was a mental breakdown, we still don't know WHERE she went? How long was it after she made the 911 call that the police showed up to her car that was still running? Could the scream have been her falling down an embankment? Someone said there is a nice neighborhood on the other side of the trees next to the highway. Any chance she rolled down the embankment, got stuck in some bushes and was unconscious? Then picked herself up and went to this neighborhood, maybe with a concussion fell asleep in someone's backyard, then yesterday someone found her and dropped her off at home? I do think the public is needed some sort of explanation, but if it was a mental crisis, we don't have to know the exact nature. We do need to know if this happened without any criminal activity, ie kidnapper, especially since she was the one to instigate a 911 call.

This is gonna be complex. She was at home!! If some one let me go I think I’d run and call for help immediately , not go home. Why have your abductor take you to where more potential victims would be?

I'm glad Carlee is safe. From sound of LE saying they will "eventually" talk to her, it doesn't sound like their is a kidnapper out there on the loose. IF this was something planned ahead, why would she pick up food for her mom? Also leaving your purse and phone on the side of the road where any stranger could take it? If this was a mental breakdown, we still don't know WHERE she went? How long was it after she made the 911 call that the police showed up to her car that was still running? Could the scream have been her falling down an embankment? Someone said there is a nice neighborhood on the other side of the trees next to the highway. Any chance she rolled down the embankment, got stuck in some bushes and was unconscious? Then picked herself up and went to this neighborhood, maybe with a concussion fell asleep in someone's backyard, then yesterday someone found her and dropped her off at home? I do think the public is needed some sort of explanation, but if it was a mental crisis, we don't have to know the exact nature. We do need to know if this happened without any criminal activity, ie kidnapper, especially since she was the one to instigate a 911 call.

This is gonna be complex. She was at home!! If some one let me go I think I’d run and call for help immediately , not go home. Why have your abductor take you to where more potential victims would be?

Here is my thing. We all assume she was the 911 caller. Until I hear her mother say she listened to that call and she is sure it is her daughter Carlee's voice- I am on the fence. This looks like a car dump to me. It really does. Who dumped it and why I don't know. I know we heard Mom say her sons girlfriend said she was on a call with Carlee. I just hope we are all absolutely sure it was her. Either way- spelling it out - That 911 caller may not have been Carlee to begin with anyway- which means something may have happend to Carlee before the car is even on the traffic cam. Her captor may have dumped the car there to point away from themselves- a little odd but we see crazy things here.

Also: heres what I see discussed on nearly every missing adult thread at websleuths: abduction, drug use, mental health crisis and walk away. In nearly every single missing thread except child threads or when there is a photo or vid of the person being attacked or taken. It comes up at least once. It may be cleaned up but all the cades i see it is discussed. I feel like we are lieing to ourselves if we cant all admit that.
The main thing is that Carlee is safe now and I'd imagine everything will be worked out.
The possibility of being kidnapped was the absolute worst scenario and I am thankful if this was not the case !
My other thought was that someone let her go when the heat increased to find her ?
I do hope Carlee is ok and nothing terribly traumatic happened while she was missing.
Omo.

She's been found safe and sound. It's time to rejoice her homecoming, and it's become crickets in here. Where'd all y'all go? Well, at least there's a handful still on here, or maybe everyone is just checking back in at different times and people don't know yet. What a fantastic outcome!! I can't even imagine the rejoicing and tears when her parents opened that front door. May she and her family be blessed with peace, comfort, and support as they journey onward.
where’d we go? A majority of us were asleep. ‍♀️♀️

I think it’s more that maybe those reports involving the Red Roof Inn is a possibility? She would have been at the hospital far longer if she had been injured and gone without food and water in this Alabama heat. My suspicion is she had remained well fed and hydrated after her disappearance, they checked her vitals, made sure she posed no immediate threat to herself or others and was released.

"She walked up, banged on the door, and that was her," Hoover Police Chief Nicholas Derzis told the station.

The once-missing woman is now at a local hospital for evaluation.

"We work with facts," Chief Derzis said. "With social media, you got so many people that think they know what’s taken place. Right now, we’re just very pleased that she’s home."

I think it’s more that maybe those reports involving the Red Roof Inn is a possibility? She would have been at the hospital far longer if she had been injured and gone without food and water in this Alabama heat. My suspicion is she had remained well fed and hydrated after her disappearance, they checked her vitals, made sure she posed no immediate threat to herself of others and was released.
Has she been released from the hospital?

If she was only at the hospital for 2 hrs I doubt a forensic exam /rape kit was completed.. they last abt 4 hrs. But I suppose that could be wrong? Not really our business either.

This is the best possible outcome. She is ok. I suspect her parents will create a hedge around her & we may never know what occurred and they'd be wise to hire a lawyer if there was no toddler- all that to say- if that 911 call was staged. I would NOT allow her to talk to the police. Id ask first, if a crime was committed against her & if there wasn't -she'd never speak to LE. We would be getting some major help. Shes getting her degree to become a nurse. She may never get her license if she's lied to LE & charged with false reporting, thy could throw in other stuff too- it would be on her record forever.
Imo It still makes sense if she had a breakdown but I'm worried this was a way to do something she wanted to do rather than go home to mama IMOO and I have NO basis in fact for that. I am just imagining there may be heavy sheltering going on and she just wanted a couple nights free. MOST 25 yr olds do.. Now I will eat my words if abductors start being arrested. I think we're way past tht theory however. Kindness & grace are needed here.

I think we can take our cue from what LE does today.
If they put out a description of a car or person they are looking for, then a crime probably occurred and LE wants to alert the public.
If things are calm and quiet, then it’s a personal and private situation and we may never know the full details.
At least right now, LE doesn’t seem to be showing any real urgency.

Grateful that Carlee is home and appears to be unharmed. I do believe that the LE does owe the public some type of disclosure. We don't want folks in fear of helping others and searching and we don't need the public blowing off any missing person's reports. Even if this event were of her own making I think people will understand, but silence from her family and LE isn't going to fly, imo. Awaiting more news when it is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove