AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really directed at you but just sort of bouncing off your post, there are some questions that just don't add up (of course they don't, because it's this case).

If she didn't have help and didn't stay in a hotel, what did she eat for 2 days and how did she obtain it?
Did she order take out and pay with cash she stole from the Spa?
Since she ditched her phone near her car, how did she place the take out orders?
Does she have a second phone & did she have it with her for those 2 days?
Or did she make another stop after ditching her car & phone and buy some groceries she took with her to this currently unknown location?

When I start wondering how she sustained herself those 2 days, it just makes more sense that someone was helping her.

jmo

She had her granola bars and cheeze its. She was only gone for 2 days. It's not like she had to survive off that for a week. A vacant house has water. And we don't realy know what she actually had with her. She was on camera buying snacks but for all we know she may have had a bag with sandwiches and fruit or something in the car that we just don't know about. But seriously, granola bars and cheeze its are perfectly fine for 2 days.

IMO she hunkered down in a house for sale and basically laid low. I also have flipped back and forth as to when she knew that it had blown up. I am starting to think she had no idea until after she got home. All of this seems staged for her family, not the public. Otherwise why show up at her parents house instead of just in the middle of a street?

I have a feeling she had no internet access for those two days and had no idea how fast it had gone viral. She was probably shocked. If she was with someone and they saw their stupid prank going National I think the friend would have convinced her to end it and just run into a store and ask someone to call her parents or something.

Started thread..
TY for this. I will follow

She had her granola bars and cheeze its. She was only gone for 2 days. It's not like she had to survive off that for a week. A vacant house has water. And we don't realy know what she actually had with her. She was on camera buying snacks but for all we know she may have had a bag with sandwiches and fruit or something in the car that we just don't know about. But seriously, granola bars and cheeze its are perfectly fine for 2 days.

IMO she hunkered down in a house for sale and basically laid low. I also have flipped back and forth as to when she knew that it had blown up. I am starting to think she had no idea until after she got home. All of this seems staged for her family, not the public. Otherwise why show up at her parents house instead of just in the middle of a street?

I have a feeling she had no internet access for those two days and had no idea how fast it had gone viral. She was probably shocked. If she was with someone and they saw their stupid prank going National I think the friend would have convinced her to end it and just run into a store and ask someone to call her parents or something.
Yeah, I'm not buyin' it :)
This girl didn't sustain on granola bars and cheez-its for 2 days.
Also highly sus to think this drama queen went a whole 49 hours being offline.
Not buyin' that one either, lol.

jmo

Yeah, I'm not buyin' it :)
This girl didn't sustain on granola bars and cheez-its for 2 days.
Also highly sus to think this drama queen went a whole 49 hours being offline.
Not buyin' that one either, lol.

jmo

Oh I think she totally did. It's honestly not that big of a deal not to eat meals. I mean seriously? You think someone can't go two days without ordering take out? LOL

I do wonder though if she was originally try to push some sort of a narrative that implicated the stripper that her ex apparently cheated on her with. But then when she realized how much it had blown up she tried to redirect so it became a balding orange haired man. The whole "story" sounds like a mad panic of trying to excuse away things she was realizing she was going to get busted in.

Ex. two different vehicles so that would be harder to track
the excuse for not having her hands bound
the explanation for her nails being painted.

IMO the part about them forcing her to strip and taking pictures of her, was going to be the original narrative. I think she was trying to implicate that the stripper and the strippers friend did this to her, to make her BF think they were dangerous. But she never expected to have to tell the police this story, only the BF and family. Once she was being interrogated she left this bit in but was backtracking and derailing like crazy so as NOT to implicate the stripper.

Edited for more detail

I don't think she was with someone who was watching this blow up on television and the internet. Even if SHE didn't care, the other person would want out ASAP. Would you help someone like this? She was alone. IMO

Last edited:
I really don’t think it was appropriate or sufficient for her attorney to say “she made a mistake” when there was so clearly a lot of planning and premeditation behind the crime.

Also her family asking for prayers instead of forgiveness.

It all struck me as very inadequate.
Yes, the "she made a mistake" comment didn't go down very well.

Started thread..
Thank you for starting this thread, you beat me to it.

No, but several people found a house for sale less than 1/4 mile from Carlee's car parked. Her mother is a real estate agent, who may have an access code to show the house.

I would be interested if Carlee had stayed there during her fake abduction.
I'm will be very surprised if I learn that the mother did not check out her listings.

Yes, the "she made a mistake" comment didn't go down very well.
Right, it would have been far better to state that, “She did things that are not in keeping with her best values, and for which she is now genuinely and deeply remorseful, and she prays for forgiveness.” That’s the tack I would have taken had I been representing her. It would garner much more sympathy.

Questions :
  • Was Carlee for sure all alone ? (I think so at this time)
  • Where did she stay ? ('Cause it sure wasn't the woods at nighttime, imo !)
  • Was she sustained by snacks only ? (Possible, but if she'd planned well in advance, she may have placed food in the house or wherever she hid out at.)
  • Did she have internet access ? (Did she follow her 'missing' case on the web ?)
  • Why the accusations of the balding ornage haired man and the strippers taking photos of her ? (Not that there aren't any balding orange-haired men out there, but it's so specific. And, umm, are such photos out there somewhere and she needed a cover story ?)
  • What was Carlee thinking to invent the toddler ? (Yes, it brought attention, but I'm guessing she may now regret it !)
  • Etc.

The most tragic outcome of all of this is that some people may view future missing cases with a side eye; and that's understandable.
Not me.
I do believe there are women and men who genuinely go missing, and it is still imperative to find them !

I'll still follow Carlee's case for a while as I have questions.
So do LE, I'll bet.
This will impact Carlee's future and not in a good way.
Omo.

I personally think she hid out in an vacant home that she knew about because of her mother's real estate job. I also think this is why they are not likely to come forward with where she stayed. It would destroy her mother's career even though she had nothing to do with it.

I found a property that is almost a direct walk from where she pulled over in the car.. *I mapped with but moved it over and deleted the street names. But it's an 8 minute walk from the highway. It also aligns with her bringing toilet paper, a robe and snacks. She probably just intended to hide out in the house overnight and come home.
I hope LE has tried to get any surveillance footage in that area, as well as leading away from there.

Well, hey, those of us who have had a sibling like this completely understand. See, as a sibling, he has seen through every single scam and escapade she has perpetrated on her parents since childhood. This behavior is not new JMO, and he has had a ringside seat. My guess is that he has often been her victim using pitting the parents against him. You either have parents that placate or parents who call bull. I think we can see which her their parents are. Hate is a powerful emotion that I make a point not to get dragged into ever again, but sometimes the circumstances of dealing with a sibling like Carlee and in turn, having that affect your relationship with your parents can lead you right up to the shores of that very nasty, dark water of hate. My advice to others is never dip your toe in. those nasty waves of resentment will drag you right under. Don't do it to yourself.

JMO Those of us who prayed for Carlee's safe return should consider praying for her brother at this point. He has spent most of his life, I imagine, trying to tell his side to his parents only for them to either believe her instead or tell him that that have to placate her to keep her "calm". I'll make an educated guess that he has walked on eggshells for most of his life and now the chickens have come home to roost. See what I did there? If he is anything like me, he feels relief that others know what she is capable of but also utter heartbreak for what his parents are going through and that it took something this huge and sweeping for them to see it. A very broken circle of trust for them to navigate going forward.

Very well said. I have one of those, the only way to save my sanity was to cut ties once I realized there was zero chance this sibling would ever respect my boundaries. And yep, everyone is snowed.

Iirc, Carlee's brother, his gf, all live with Carlee's parents. Remember mom stated the gf walked into the room mom was in to tell her about Carlee's call.

The only way bro and his family will escape the nonsense is to move out and set clear boundaries.

Last edited:
"There was no kidnapping on Thursday, July 13, 2023. My client did not see a baby on the side of the road. My client did not leave the Hoover area when she was identified as a missing person. My client did not have any help in this incident — this was a single act done by herself. My client was not with anyone or any hotel with anyone from the time she was missing. My client apologizes for her actions to this community, the volunteers who were searching for her, to the Hoover Police Department and other agencies as well and to her friends and family. We ask for your prayers for Carlee as she addresses her issues and attempts to move forward, understanding that she made a mistake in this matter."
'There was no kidnapping': Carlee Russell's attorney gives statement after suspicious disappearance

MOO here statement is basically:

Oopsy. I lied. about everything. No babies were harmed in the performance of this hoax and none were ever in danger. I was right here the whole time. Nobody helped me, nothing to see here. I wasn't at a hotel with anyone. Sorry 'bout all the trouble. Please pray for me while I address my lying issues. I just want to keep it movin, again - oopsy. Jut a mistake.

One thing I noticed, this sentence here: My client was not with anyone or any hotel with anyone from the time she was missing.

Doesn't exactly say she wasn't at a hotel at any point during her missing hours. Only says she wasn't at one "with anyone"

Carry on.

Note, the attorneys statement did not acknowledge those Carlee hurt. Her victims are STILL collateral damage.

It's all about Carlee.

MOO here statement is basically:

Oopsy. I lied. about everything. No babies were harmed in the performance of this hoax and none were ever in danger. I was right here the whole time. Nobody helped me, nothing to see here. I wasn't at a hotel with anyone. Sorry 'bout all the trouble. Please pray for me while I address my lying issues. I just want to keep it movin, again - oopsy. Jut a mistake.

True, but I would condense it even further.

Her statement, not even delivered by her personally and publicly:

”Oops, my bad.”

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads