Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been confirmed whether her belongings were found inside or outside of the car? The latter would certainly seem to point to an abduction. I'm also wondering if anyone has any information on what kind of wig she was wearing. I know there are some that just slip on and off like a hat, and others that are literally sewn in. If it was the more permanent kind and it was found, then a violent struggle must have taken place.
That's vague.
Officers located Russell’s Mercedes, still running but vacant. Some of her belongings nearby. They were unable to find her or a child in the area.

It's not clear enough to make any sense at all/
Huff Post write this too.

The footage, which was captured by the online company Traffic Cam Archive, shows a red vehicle that reportedly belongs to the missing woman, Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, slowly driving on the shoulder of the highway in Hoover, Alabama before coming to a stop. The video is not clear enough to decipher additional details.

For over 48 hours, police and other law enforcement have been trying to locate Russell, who has not been seen or heard from since Thursday. During a press conference on Friday, Hoover Police Department Lieutenant Daniel Lowe said that the department has received a lot of tips and is sending investigators to follow up on them.
Derzis said on Saturday that the department will try to enhance the traffic video since it’s too blurry to identify any other details about the incident.

But I'm not referring to the footage. I'm talking about a toddler being on a road with heavy traffic and only being seen by a single driver.

Why was Carlee the only driver to see the child when there were so many other drivers along the same highway?

Police aren't reporting several drivers reported seeing a child...

If there was a child, I would expect multiple calls to report seeing the child.

I also thought about the possibility of her not driving the car or being there at all. But then I hit a roadblock regarding the last phone call. A scream was heard and then nothing. If it was the same phone, it was found when police ararrived.
Who heard the scream?

Has the actual 911 call been released? Or just the dispatcher's radio call? I'm asking if anyone has heard her voice on the 911 call.

Well the police believe her

From that link, and as investigations typically go -

“Authorities are not committing to any one theory in Russell’s disappearance, police said at a Friday afternoon press conference.

“We currently are investigating every possibility,’’ Lowe said. “We’re certainly leaving nothing off the table.”

Has it been confirmed whether her belongings were found inside or outside of the car? The latter would certainly seem to point to an abduction. I'm also wondering if anyone has any information on what kind of wig she was wearing. I know there are some that just slip on and off like a hat, and others that are literally sewn in. If it was the more permanent kind and it was found, then a violent struggle must have taken place.
From what I remember, reports just stated “found near her car”. That suggests to me not inside the car. I think she had been wearing a hat, in which case, most women won’t go through the tedious trouble of securing since the hat will do. I still think with the way the it was reported as “found near”,even if it wasn’t fully secure, it could still signify some sort of struggle.

But I'm not referring to the footage. I'm talking about a toddler being on a road with heavy traffic and only being seen by a single driver.

Why was Carlee the only driver to see the child when there were so many other drivers along the same highway?

Maybe they did.
Just because it's not reported doesn't mean nobody saw the child except her.
Right now we are pretty much sure that not only did she see what she believed was a child, but that she called it in and stopped to talk to the child while she awaited help.

That is all we know.
The story is very much real and multiple agencies are reporting it.
not everybody sees the same things at the same time.
it does not mean that she didn't see what she reported seeing.

Not necessarily.

I think most people might not have seen a child, especially if the child was off to the side. Maybe the child approached closer to traffic, then got scared & retreated further away from the cars. I think you're underestimating how fast drivers are going, how dark the road is, & the fact that many drivers may not be paying attention to everything around them or have reduced night vision or a host of other reasons. I think Carlee just got lucky that she spotted the child & felt she had to do something about it (call 911, look for the child herself). Unfortunately, this led to something happening & we don't know further answers at this point.

Regardless, I can totally understand that there might not have been more reported sightings of a child or toddler.

MOO.

Has anyone else wondered how on such a busy road there wasn’t numerous 911 calls about a toddler walking on the highway? Something is “off”. JMO
AFAIK, when it happened to me, there were no 911 calls either for the child, or when I got the child into my car and drove off with them.

Just anecdotal.

“My son’s girlfriend heard her asking the child, ‘Are you OK? She never heard the child say anything but then she heard our daughter scream,’’ Talitha Russell said. “All you hear on her phone is background noise from the interstate.”

“Her car door was open,” Talitha said. “They found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat...Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well.”

Talitha Russell said a tip was called in from a trucker.

“He saw a gray car with a tall brown skinned man with khaki shorts on leaning over in the car,’’ Talitha Russell said.

“The police did find some tire tracks in the grass,’’ she said. “They said because it was not a muddy area, they were not able to determine what type of vehicle it could have been.”

Authorities are not committing to any one theory in Russell’s disappearance, police said at a Friday afternoon press conference.

there's no gray car, or any other car in the video, just hers

“My son’s girlfriend heard her asking the child, ‘Are you OK? She never heard the child say anything but then she heard our daughter scream,’’ Talitha Russell said. “All you hear on her phone is background noise from the interstate.”

“Her car door was open,” Talitha said. “They found her phone on the ground, along with her wig and her hat...Her purse was still in the car. Her Apple watch was in her purse and her Air Pods as well.”

Talitha Russell said a tip was called in from a trucker.

“He saw a gray car with a tall brown skinned man with khaki shorts on leaning over in the car,’’ Talitha Russell said.

“The police did find some tire tracks in the grass,’’ she said. “They said because it was not a muddy area, they were not able to determine what type of vehicle it could have been.”

Authorities are not committing to any one theory in Russell’s disappearance, police said at a Friday afternoon press conference.

Could one mistake a red car as a gray car? Maybe dark gray? At night, with the car's flashers on half blinding you, while that trucker was going by at speed?

If so, did the trucker perhaps see that tall man in Carlee's car?

Might Carlee have given a lift to someone, an acquaintance? And that someone did something and absconded into the woods on foot, with Carlee? Sounds kind of improbable I guess.

Who heard the scream?

Has the actual 911 call been released? Or just the dispatcher's radio call? I'm asking if anyone has heard her voice on the 911 call.
The scream was according to the call with the sister in law, which was made shortly after the 911 call. That call has not yet been released as far as I know.

Who heard the scream?

As far as I know, the 911 call (which in my opinion is probably highly distressing) has not been released ?
A family member heard Carlee cry out or scream, I think ?
This is so scary, it makes no sense that a toddler would be out walking, but it has happened before.
It just seems odd that she vanished .

Was there any friend she'd had a falling out with or an ex-boyfriend ?
However, in that case, the toddler or child out at night has me puzzled, though.

Carlee seemed from her social media to be a responsible and loved young woman, who was looking forward to her future.
My take on it.

Could one mistake a red car as a gray car? Maybe dark gray? At night, with the car's flashers on half blinding you, while that trucker was going by at speed?

If so, did the trucker perhaps see that tall man in Carlee's car?

Might Carlee have given a lift to someone, an acquaintance? And that someone did something and absconded into the woods on foot, with Carlee? Sounds kind of improbable I guess.
no idea what time the trucker reported what he allegedly saw or how long after she had stopped.

Not necessarily.

I think most people might not have seen a child, especially if the child was off to the side. Maybe the child approached closer to traffic, then got scared & retreated further away from the cars. I think you're underestimating how fast drivers are going, how dark the road is, & the fact that many drivers may not be paying attention to everything around them or have reduced night vision or a host of other reasons. I think Carlee just got lucky that she spotted the child & felt she had to do something about it (call 911, look for the child herself). Unfortunately, this led to something happening & we don't know further answers at this point.

Regardless, I can totally understand that there might not have been more reported sightings of a child or toddler.

MOO.
I'm a commercial driver. I can assure you our training includes everything you've mentioned above and more so.

People report all kinds of things on Waze, I can't imagine a child would be seen by only one of what was probably hundreds of cars driving that route based on the amount of traffic we saw on the video.

Whatever the case is, I hope and pray she is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia