Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From that link, and as investigations typically go -

“Authorities are not committing to any one theory in Russell’s disappearance, police said at a Friday afternoon press conference.

“We currently are investigating every possibility,’’ Lowe said. “We’re certainly leaving nothing off the table.”
I noticed also that the reward on their crime stopper's page is up to over 50k. That should bring in tips if people know something.

Here is my thing. We all assume she was the 911 caller. Until I hear her mother say she listened to that call and she is sure it is her daughter Carlee's voice- I am on the fence. This looks like a car dump to me. It really does. Who dumped it and why I don't know. I know we heard Mom say her sons girlfriend said she was on a call with Carlee. I just hope we are all absolutely sure it was her. Either way- spelling it out - That 911 caller may not have been Carlee to begin with anyway- which means something may have happend to Carlee before the car is even on the traffic cam. Her captor may have dumped the car there to point away from themselves- a little odd but we see crazy things here.

Also: heres what I see discussed on nearly every missing adult thread at websleuths: abduction, drug use, mental health crisis and walk away. In nearly every single missing thread except child threads or when there is a photo or vid of the person being attacked or taken. It comes up at least once. It may be cleaned up but all the cades i see it is discussed. I feel like we are lieing to ourselves if we cant all admit that.

If the trucker did see a tall man in khakis bending over the car, could it have been the person who drove the car there? Someone who was putting her wig and phone on the road?

I'm afraid something happened to her elsewhere and this was just a drop of her car.

Could be. If so, who called 911 to report seeing a toddler? It would have to be someone pretending to be Carlee making the 911 call. Which, could be possible if this was something involving her bf and his sister agreeing to help cover for him.
Something would have had to happen in a short amount of time after Carlee picked up food. If picking up food has been confirmed.

I guess we have to go back to confirmation it was Carlee who made the 911 call, um, and the possibility she met with LE the day before she went missing to report a problem she was having with a bf or former bf.

(Someone pretending to be Carlee making the 911 call would explain why no other drivers reported seeing a toddler.)

Just to recap a couple of things people are asking about the trucker's report...
Talitha Russell said a tip was called in from a trucker.

“He saw a gray car with a tall brown skinned man with khaki shorts on leaning over in the car,’’ Talitha Russell said.

“The police did find some tire tracks in the grass,’’ she said. “They said because it was not a muddy area, they were not able to determine what type of vehicle it could have been.”

Here is my thing. We all assume she was the 911 caller. Until I hear her mother say she listened to that call and she is sure it is her daughter Carlee's voice- I am on the fence. This looks like a car dump to me. It really does. Who dumped it and why I don't know. I know we heard Mom say her sons girlfriend said she was on a call with Carlee. I just hope we are all absolutely sure it was her. Either way- spelling it out - That 911 caller may not have been Carlee to begin with anyway- which means something may have happend to Carlee before the car is even on the traffic cam. Her captor may have dumped the car there to point away from themselves- a little odd but we see crazy things here.

Also: heres what I see discussed on nearly every missing adult thread at websleuths: abduction, drug use, mental health crisis and walk away. In nearly every single missing thread except child threads or when there is a photo or vid of the person being attacked or taken. It comes up at least once. It may be cleaned up but all the cades i see it is discussed. I feel like we are lieing to ourselves if we cant all admit that.
Regarding your last paragraph : Exactly.
I think that the hope was if it's possible this was not foul play, that somehow, somewhere, Carleee is in fact safe ... and I believe we all want that outcome !
My take on it.

If the trucker did see a tall man in khakis bending over the car, could it have been the person who drove the car there? Someone who was putting her wig and phone on the road?

I'm afraid something happened to her elsewhere and this was just a drop of her car.
The only way for this to really work would be if it isn’t her on the 911 call OR the call to the brother’s girlfriend though. Otherwise, we’re looking at video footage of her car at the same time the calls were made. So if it’s her making the calls, I don’t see how the car footage is just a car dump.

do we know how the video lines up with the timing of the calls?
The one thing, and only thing, I have felt sure of is the video lining up with those calls. It lines up with when 911 says they received the call, it lines up with the second call in which the scream was heard and only interstate traffic was heard after. That seems to line up with when Carlee literally vanishes from the video. It lines up all the way to seeing the blue lights.

Hi everyone, I’m in Australia and just curious about airports in the area?

How far is Troy?

I’m speculating based on statistics relating to human trafficking and kind of fast forwarding to possible scenarios.

Also obviously hoping there is a positive end to this story & good luck & thanks to all searching.

But I'm not referring to the footage. I'm talking about a toddler being on a road with heavy traffic and only being seen by a single driver.

Why was Carlee the only driver to see the child when there were so many other drivers along the same highway?

Police aren't reporting several drivers reported seeing a child...

If there was a child, I would expect multiple calls to report seeing the child.
I dont think anyone believes that the child was just prancing around the shoulder of the highway, right by the road - where everyone could see. It seems like a child could've been near the darkness of the treeline, where if you didn't look at the right angle at the right time, you wouldn't see it. But maybe Carlee did - and so she reacted accordingly.

Once she pulled over and inserted herself into the situation, the kid almost certainly would've moved even further into the shadows/darkness - which might've led her to try and follow it to see if the kid was OK.

It really isn't that crazy a theory.

Are there homeless in that area? What a random thing to stop on the side of the highway and have someone lying in wait. Mind boggling.
this are is mostly suburbs and well off/middle class Americans. Very nice neightbohood with a below road (this its called The Preserve that runs under the 459 to the neighborhoods. a little woody over there, but not impossible to figure out a way to get a car, 4 wheeler, side by side or what have you, onto the interstate from below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB