Found Alive AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, 911 call reported toddler walking on side of interstate, car found, she & toddler gone, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25.

Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, 25.(Source: Hoover Police)
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Hoover Police say on July 13, around 9:30 p.m., the Hoover 911 Center received a call from a 25-year-old woman on I-459 South near mile marker 11 who reported she saw a toddler walking on the side of the interstate.

After calling 911, the woman stopped to check on the child and called a family member to report the same details. The family member lost contact with her, but the line remained open.

Police say officers who were already en route to the location of the initial 911 call located the female’s vehicle and some of her belongings nearby, but were unable to find her or a child in the area. Hoover Police have not received any other calls of someone missing a small child.

Detectives are currently investigating this incident and are requesting the public’s assistance to help locate the missing person. She is identified as Carlethia “Carlee” Nichole Russell, a 25-year-old black female who is 5′4, 150-160 pounds.

Authorities say Russell was last seen wearing a black shirt, black pants and white Nike shoes.

Anyone who believes they may have seen Russell or may have any information about this case is asked to call Detective Brad Fountain at 205-444-7562.

According to Hoover Police, Carlethia “Carlee” Russell called police to report a toddler walking on the side of I-459 near Exit 10 around 9:30 pm on Thursday. Russell then called a family member to tell them she was stopping to check on the child.

When police arrived in the area they located Russell’s car and some of her belongings nearby, but did not find her or a child.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Members need to read The Rules.

Discussion of FB or other social media 'comment's is NOT allowed. They are considered rumor.

Scanner information is NOT allowed. It not only jeopardizes an investigation, it also has the potential to jeopardize the lives of officers involved.

Never ridicule another member for their theory. You may not agree with it, but disagree respectfully or scroll and roll as if you'd never seen it.

STOP with the bickering, personalizing, victim blaming and speculation grounded in facts not known at this point in the case. ETA: Bringing race, politics, religion or sexual orientation into a discussion that has nothing to do with any one of these things turns into an argument very quickly. You will receive 2 warning points that remain on your user account indefinitely.

Thanks!

"She walked up, banged on the door, and that was her," Hoover Police Chief Nicholas Derzis told the station.
The once-missing woman is now at a local hospital for evaluation.

"We work with facts," Chief Derzis said. "With social media, you got so many people that think they know what’s taken place. Right now, we’re just very pleased that she’s home."
Thank goodness she’s okay! I can only imagine her parents’ relief when it was her at the door. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about her and her mom the past few days. I’m glad their nightmare is over. What a relief!

So Happy She was located or whatever.
Just happy I dont have to worry about criminals baby bating and this woman's mother has a live daughter to hug.
Best wishes and hope an healing to everyone in her family.

Last edited:
I think we can take our cue from what LE does today.
If they put out a description of a car or person they are looking for, then a crime probably occurred and LE wants to alert the public.
If things are calm and quiet, then it’s a personal and private situation and we may never know the full details.
At least right now, LE doesn’t seem to be showing any real urgency.
I agree, you’d think there would have been and update when the news was on between 6-8am. Of course they can do a presser when ever but…. this looking more like a mental health situation.

Where's the baby? Where are the abductors? Where's the description of them? Where's the description of their vehicle? Sketches? What happened to Carlee while they had her?

Or are we ready to admit this was likely a mental health issue?

She could have left voluntarily without any mental health issues.

Where's the baby? Where are the abductors? Where's the description of them? Where's the description of their vehicle? Sketches? What happened to Carlee while they had her?

Or are we ready to admit this was likely a mental health issue?

You asked: Are we ready to admit it was a mental health issue...

before all the FACTS are in?

Nope. No rush to judgement for me. I've been here way too long for that. It was disgusting what the public did to Abby Hernandez after all she suffered during her abduction and captivity. It is worth waiting on some facts to come in to avoid doing that to another young woman. I'll go a step further and say this: if it comes out that it wasn't an abduction crime, this young lady still needs help and a public haranguing just doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited:
Grateful that Carlee is home and appears to be unharmed. I do believe that the LE does owe the public some type of disclosure. We don't want folks in fear of helping others and searching and we don't need the public blowing off any missing person's reports. Even if this event were of her own making I think people will understand, but silence from her family and LE isn't going to fly, imo. Awaiting more news when it is appropriate.
Yes, I agree. As it was a public story with a lot of exposure and public concern and brainstorming, it would be fitting and proper for LE to make some sort of public statement as to what the actual facts turned out to be.

As has been stated, there is no description of a vehicle or suspect related to her sudden disappearance.

Well this was definitely good news to wake up to.
So glad for her and her family that she's safely home, and hoping she's receiving whatever care she needs to recover from this incident.

2 hours at the hospital does not say mental health break. I wonder if she went to look for the ’toddler‘ she thought she saw, saw the police arrive and got worried how they would perceive her call since she was mistaken, and bolted when they did not leave.

Very glad she has returned and is not missing.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

LE releasing the video footage showing her travelling with her hazard lights on for a considerable distance, then stopping and no visible altercation occurring after the apparent scream opened the door to other possibilities.

It was if without expressly stating it, LE intentionally released evidence indicating no kidnapping occurred. That caused people to draw their own conclusions or consider alternate scenarios (ie attacked by an alligator, staged, etc). JMO

STOP with the bickering, personalizing, victim blaming and speculation grounded in facts not known at this point in the case. ETA: Bringing race, politics, religion or sexual orientation into a discussion that has nothing to do with any one of these things turns into an argument very quickly. You will receive 2 warning points that remain on your user account indefinitely.

Thanks!

But LE releasing the video footage showing her travelling with her hazard lights on for a considerable distance, then stopping and no visible altercation occurring after the apparent scream opened the door to other possibilities.

It was if without expressly stating it, LE intentionally released evidence indicating no kidnapping occurred. That caused people to draw their own conclusions or consider alternate scenarios (ie attacked by an alligator, staged, etc). JMO
I believe the footage was released by the media, not LE. Just to clarify that point…

<modsnip - quoted post and response to it were removed>\
just seems the ending with her knocking on the door was odd. But yes, glad to see that she is safe now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member