Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White, CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's in it for VW? It doesn't appear that she & CW are involved romantically, so why would she pretty much throw her life away like that?
Oh I think she does see this as romance, as there really is no other reason to essentially throw her entire life away.

Although it may not have been physical, that doesn't change my thinking any.

they are not related
Right. We’ve all seen this stated in the articles. But even since saying that, it’s turned out there was some sort of special connection officials didn’t know about. So just keeping the wondering open if there’s some marginal relatedness they didn’t know about.

Last edited:
What's in it for VW? It doesn't appear that she & CW are involved romantically, so why would she pretty much throw her life away like that?
That's kind of the question of the day, isn't it? It makes no sense. He was only at the Lauderdale County jail for a week or two back in Sep/Oct 2020. And only arrived back 2 months ago. Surely not long enough for them to have established a "relationship" of any kind that would explain all this. I think this is why people are trying to figure out what their "relationship" is outside of his brief visit in 2020 and recent return two months ago. There has to be more to it than that, right? Says the normal person. In the end I think we are going to find out there was indeed more to it than a brief visit in 2020 and recent return 2 months ago behind all this. Otherwise, VW has just lost her damn mind.

The only sensible explanation is that she had some kind of relationship with him unrelated to all this or she started/continued a relationship with him when he left the Lauderdale County jail back in Oct 2020. The only other opportunity he would have had to be at the Lauderdale County jail would have been prior to 2015, when he was locked up by Limestone County and eventually transferred to Donaldson when he was convicted in 2019. jmo

Edit: Grammar is not my friend today.

Last edited:
I have to think she will have colored her hair by now. Maybe even cut it shorter.
I'm sure they've both changed their appearance. The problem is, he can't change his height, and she can't change her supposed waddle.

Personally, I'd be really surprised if they were able to stay on the run a whole lot longer. The pieces have to be there, and if not, someone is going to spot them.

That's kind of the question of the day, isn't it? It makes no sense. He was only at the Lauderdale County jail for a week or two back in Sep/Oct 2020. And only arrived back 2 months ago. Surely not long enough for them to have established a "relationship" of any kind that would explain all this. I think this is why people are trying to figure out what their "relationship" is outside of his brief visit in 2020 and recent return two months ago. There has to be more to it than that, right? Says the normal person. In the end I think we are going to find out there was indeed more to it than a brief visit in 2020 and recent return 2 months ago behind all this. Otherwise, VW has just lost her damn mind.

The only sensible explanation is that she had some kind of relationship with him unrelated to all this or she started/continued a relationship with him when he left the Lauderdale County jail back in Oct 2020. The only other opportunity he would have had to be at the Lauderdale County jail would have been prior to 2015, when he was locked up by Limestone County and eventually transferred to Donaldson when he was convicted in 2019. jmo

Edit: Grammar is not my friend today.
Very well said. This is exactly the line of thinking that occasionally drives me back to the “could they be related in some way though?” question. What could motivate a person who has logged 16-25 years of service (with nearly everyone in consensus that she was an upstanding citizen) to trade it all in to help a violent criminal?

Whatever the reason is, it has to pack an emotional punch to override everything else. A romance/infatuation is the obvious motivator in many cases, but to believe that a seasoned 56 year old corrections officer sacrificed her whole career for him, we tend to think that takes more than just a couple weeks in her facility back in 2020 and a couple months 2 years later. Somewhere there is more…

I'm sure they've both changed their appearance. The problem is, he can't change his height, and she can't change her supposed waddle.

Personally, I'd be really surprised if they were able to stay on the run a whole lot longer. The pieces have to be there, and if not, someone is going to spot them.

If they aren’t found soon, I think that tells us she understood that she had to get him out of the public eye and keep him there. And that she had a location and supplies ready to do just that. I’d love to learn about even one time they were captured on surveillance on the run — just so we would have a better idea of what direction they went.

Very well said. This is exactly the line of thinking that occasionally drives me back to the “could they be related in some way though?” question. What could motivate a person who has logged 16-25 years of service (with nearly everyone in consensus that she was an upstanding citizen) to trade it all in to help a violent criminal?

Whatever the reason is, it has to pack an emotional punch to override everything else. A romance/infatuation is the obvious motivator in many cases, but to believe that a seasoned 56 year old corrections officer sacrificed her whole career for him, we tend to think that takes more than just a couple weeks in her facility back in 2020 and a couple months 2 years later. Somewhere there is more…
Right? That's why I went so hard down the family relationship rabbit hole. My brain just refuses to compute that someone would throw their life away for someone they've known only a few weeks. Especially at age 56. I mean, WTH???

A head-scratcher?!

As for CW, he's a con-man, a lifer that already had a 75-year sentence. He's done, no looking back.

Reportedly, in 2019 after he attempted to gun down his ex-girlfriend and steal an SUV, his plan was that this would end in suicide (by cop) but his plan failed.

VW has essentially spent her entire adult life in Corrections. I can't see her wanting a life on the other side of the bars -- not today, not ever!

I understand that many retire from corrections earlier than other occupations but I wonder if she cited anything in her official documents such as medical or other concerns.

VW sold her home recently at an under-market price -- probably for a quick sale. While not a rational decision for a new retiree, her late husband's mother believes that VW had plenty of money socked away prior to selling her residence and moving in with her mom nearby.

I'm getting the feeling that VK basically liquidated her assets, and her retirement application was the cover for her last days on the job. Under the guise of retirement, I think she also got her affairs in order.

I think both CW and VW do not have any intention of surviving this ordeal. If they have their way, their capture will result in suicide by cop or a murder-suicide pact.

Perhaps it was the desire to die that the duo bonded over. If this is a suicide mission, I don't think others are in danger.

MOO

Guard Who Fled With Murder Inmate Was Cashed Up and Eyeing Florida, Family Says

If they aren’t found soon, I think that tells us she understood that she had to get him out of the public eye and keep him there. And that she had a location and supplies ready to do just that. I’d love to learn about even one time they were captured on surveillance on the run — just so we would have a better idea of what direction they went.
The orange car was spotted in Rogersville, which is about 25 minutes dead east of Florence. In the direction of I-65. Whether they went north or south from there (if they ever reached it at all) is anyone's guess. But I-65 was the closest interstate. jmo

The orange car was spotted in Rogersville, which is about 25 minutes dead east of Florence. In the direction of I-65. Whether they went north or south from there (if they ever reached it at all) is anyone's guess. But I-65 was the closest interstate. jmo
I believe I saw she lived in Rogersville earlier in life…though one would assume they got much further out of dodge and we’re just passing through. Soon officials will probably find some more camera footage that includes the car en route, but that will be a couple days old by now.

A head-scratcher?!

As for CW, he's a con-man, a lifer that already had a 75-year sentence. He's done, no looking back.

Reportedly, in 2019 after he attempted to gun down his ex-girlfriend and steal an SUV, his plan was that this would end in suicide (by cop) but his plan failed.

VW has essentially spent her entire adult life in Corrections. I can't see her wanting a life on the other side of the bars -- not today, not ever!

I understand that many retire from corrections earlier than other occupations but I wonder if she cited anything in her official documents such as medical or other concerns.

VW sold her home recently at an under-market price -- probably for a quick sale. While not a rational decision for a new retiree, her late husband's mother believes that VW had plenty of money socked away prior to selling her residence and moving in with her mom nearby.

I'm getting the feeling that VK basically liquidated her assets, and her retirement application was the cover for her last days on the job. Under the guise of retirement, I think she also got her affairs in order.

I think both CW and VW do not have any intention of surviving this ordeal. If they have their way, their capture will result in suicide by cop or a murder-suicide pact.

Perhaps it was the desire to die that the duo bonded over. If this is a suicide mission, I don't think others are in danger.

MOO

Guard Who Fled With Murder Inmate Was Cashed Up and Eyeing Florida, Family Says
That's what I'm hoping. Some kind of Romeo/Juliet suicide pact. He had nothing to live for - with a death penalty hanging over his head on top of an already minimum release date of 2090. She apparently wasn't all that attached to her current life either. The best outcome for society, though sad, is some kind of suicide pact where no one else gets hurt. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member