AL AL - Christina Carter, 3, Hueytown, 17 Sept 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay I can answer this one because we are going through it right now. If they get a possible match then they will ask for more DNA from another family member to compair with the sample. So for instance I have given my dna to be compaired against a person as a possible match. If they get back as a possible match then they asked for another family reference to comapir for more markers. This is what I was told. They are compairing my dna with a person that may possibly be my brother. If this come back with matching markers and they want to be more presise they will collect one of my sisters dna to compair to the both of ours to be %100 sure

So this does look promising. Good Luck I hope this family get a ending

Thank you for sharing your knowledge Seifsister. And also, I hope for some resolution in your case as well...I've followed your thread since the beginning of it.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge Seifsister. And also, I hope for some resolution in your case as well...I've followed your thread since the beginning of it.

We have had our fingers crossed for a few weeks. We are hopping for our own ending and I do believe this is him. We recieved some info that really cracked it open. Thanks for your support!!!

We have had our fingers crossed for a few weeks. We are hopping for our own ending and I do believe this is him. We recieved some info that really cracked it open. Thanks for your support!!!

OT, but where is your thread please?

Please keep us updated...your brother's case has really been interesting for me and I would love to hear the outcome!

Anyone have the name of the NCMEC case manager for Christina's case? Normally I wouldn't ask, but, with the decreased family input, and the fact that I am finding many discrepancies in published reports and a book that I have been reading about Sharon's case, I would just like to verify that we are waiting for something that is actually progressing.

I don't have the name of the case manager here with me at work, but I can tell you that things are moving along - SLOWLY. We (the family) have been told that it will probably be the end of the year before we get the results from the DNA testing. They had to get more sample from the maternal grandmother because her first samples weren't good enough to give any results at all.

Here is a picture of Christina's mother, Janet Gail Calhoun Carter, compared to Sharon Marshall. DNA testing is in process for comparison. Janet is on the left, Sharon on the right. Does anyone else see similarities or is it just my imagination? There is discussion on this in the Sharon Marshall thread.
th_jccsmcopy.jpg

th_jccsm.jpg

I hope and pray this comes to a conclusive end quickly. How hard this must be after such a long time! There is definitely a strong resemblance from toddler Christina/Sharon and toJanet. I hope this ends so many mysteries!

Anyone have the name of the NCMEC case manager for Christina's case? Normally I wouldn't ask, but, with the decreased family input, and the fact that I am finding many discrepancies in published reports and a book that I have been reading about Sharon's case, I would just like to verify that we are waiting for something that is actually progressing.

I would suspect that person at NCMEC has seen your post. I too have waited as Sheri Lynn Johnson's family donated and had their DNA tested. It is a long process full of up's and downs. In one way you want the answer; however, you really don't want to know that Christina is Sharon because of the hell she lived through. Make sense?

I believe the testing, is progressing at the "normal" speed. I also helped another person get DNA tested against Sharon's. The missing person was Rhonda/Melissa (see Sharon's site). If you looked at a picture of Rhonda/Melissa's brother, he was the spitting image of Sharon. Obviously there was no match, only a very long wait. The Aunt who was so desperately searching for Rhonda/Melissa passed away recently. At least she did know, her niece was not Sharon.

Of course I have posted my personal interest in knowing if Christina is Sharon due to the proximity of a number of players in the disappearace of Freda Denman, Sheri Lynn Johnson and Michael Lloyd Johnson during the same time frame. I'm waiting anxiously, too.

Let's all just take a deep breath and know these wheels will spin slowly.

I would suspect that person at NCMEC has seen your post. I too have waited as Sheri Lynn Johnson's family donated and had their DNA tested. It is a long process full of up's and downs. In one way you want the answer; however, you really don't want to know that Christina is Sharon because of the hell she lived through. Make sense?

I believe the testing, is progressing at the "normal" speed. I also helped another person get DNA tested against Sharon's. The missing person was Rhonda/Melissa (see Sharon's site). If you looked at a picture of Rhonda/Melissa's brother, he was the spitting image of Sharon. Obviously there was no match, only a very long wait. The Aunt who was so desperately searching for Rhonda/Melissa passed away recently. At least she did know, her niece was not Sharon.

Of course I have posted my personal interest in knowing if Christina is Sharon due to the proximity of a number of players in the disappearace of Freda Denman, Sheri Lynn Johnson and Michael Lloyd Johnson during the same time frame. I'm waiting anxiously, too.

Let's all just take a deep breath and know these wheels will spin slowly.

Which "Sharon's Site"?

Also, I wonder about the time it takes for DNA testing to be completed. There was a cold case in the news in the last week that had DNA results within a month. Just wondering why it is that this particular case is taking YEARS...just seems very odd and not really what happens with most other cases, it seems.

some cold cases get done faster than others? was this person alive that they were doing a rush dna? on the news? sometimes if the case is very popular makes headlines everywhere they might do the dna faster. i wish someone at ncmec would rush the dna we all have been waiting this long and want to know something

some cold cases get done faster than others? was this person alive that they were doing a rush dna? on the news? sometimes if the case is very popular makes headlines everywhere they might do the dna faster. i wish someone at ncmec would rush the dna we all have been waiting this long and want to know something

It was the 'Boulder Jane Doe' case. When the woman they thought was Jane Doe was discovered alive in Australia, her great-niece came forward and they tested the DNA. It was a month from the discovery of the woman in Australia to releasing news that she'd been identified (as the news story states "was discovered alive and well living in Australia a montha go"). Similar kind of case I would have thought.

IntriguedAMI - i'll ask her Rhonda/Melissa's Aunt.

Which "Sharon's Site"?

Also, I wonder about the time it takes for DNA testing to be completed. There was a cold case in the news in the last week that had DNA results within a month. Just wondering why it is that this particular case is taking YEARS...just seems very odd and not really what happens with most other cases, it seems.

A month for dna results? Maybe on TV, but certainly not in real life. If you have followed cases here at WS, you will have seen the wait is usually approximately 6 months. That was in fact the case for a living possible match for Anna Waters back in 07? It was a long 6 month wait to find out the possible match was NOT Anna.

MartiLee has followed up and answered the question on the long wait back on the last page. She indicated the initial test was insuffient for comparison and a second sample needed to be take, thus starting the process from the beginning and having another several month wait. We ALL know LE is backlogged and we simply have to wait. I highly doubt the family, and Matt Birkbeck would be indicating reasons why the test results are delayed if they were in fact not happening.

This comparison is NOT taking YEARS as you have suggested. Quite the opposite, go back and reread the thread please to get your timeline correct.

A month for dna results? Maybe on TV, but certainly not in real life. If you have followed cases here at WS, you will have seen the wait is usually approximately 6 months. That was in fact the case for a living possible match for Anna Waters back in 07? It was a long 6 month wait to find out the possible match was NOT Anna.

MartiLee has followed up and answered the question on the long wait back on the last page. She indicated the initial test was insuffient for comparison and a second sample needed to be take, thus starting the process from the beginning and having another several month wait. We ALL know LE is backlogged and we simply have to wait. I highly doubt the family, and Matt Birkbeck would be indicating reasons why the test results are delayed if they were in fact not happening.

This comparison is NOT taking YEARS as you have suggested. Quite the opposite, go back and reread the thread please to get your timeline correct.

Well I'll just skuttle back off then Cubby. ****, a bit harsh. It was not "on TV", as you have suggested, it was in all the news. I was asking because I genuinely want to know why, not having a go at anyone and certainly no LE!!!!! Jesus, you have really read me wrong cub. I'm really taken aback by your shouting at me.

IntriguedAMI - i'll ask her Rhonda/Melissa's Aunt.

Thanks SRLee, I haven't seen it written anywhere that this woman has been ruled out a being her, so just crossing t's and dotting i's. By the way, I'm assuming this Rhonda/Melissa is still "missing"? Is that correct, or do you know if she was ever found? I'm very intrigued by that case as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back