AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it confirmed that DNV was at the shell station until 11:24?

It’s been stated as fact that her CAR was, but was SHE?

Just a thought... could DNV have gotten in vehicle to ride back to Dublin’s with car 1, leaving her car parked at Shell station. Then (ironically) car 3 pulls in, see’s abandoned car with no one around, thinks it is an easy steal, disabled gps and jacks the car.

But then it’s hard to reconcile why she wasn’t seen back at Dublin’s looking for her phone.

Been following along and decided to think out loud. I personally don’t think car 1 was involved. But, as said many times already... nothing makes sense.

Welcome! Thanks for thinking aloud with us! The more the merrier!

Car 1 was DW. That's been confirmed by him; however, his involvement is still questionable since he's not been named a suspect.

It hasn't been stated definitively or by LE but there is reason to believe she was, if that makes sense. Her not seen arriving back at Dublin could be dependent on what took place in that 1 or 2 minutes between arriving at Shell & leaving Shell.

For me, it started with why would DNV not pay rent and use the money for a car. Then turned to being appalled that MPB put her belongings to the curb. Personnally I would want to keep the apt for a few months in hopes of my loved one returning. This information also helps with the voluntary vs involuntary missing. Sometimes people get lost personally and if they do not have a big support group it is easy to walk away Not saying this happened but every bit of info is helpful and to me finding out why her apartment was giving up relatively quickly is important.

DNV did pay rent. Never did I say she was behind prior to her disappearance. Her August payment wasn't made and, to my knowledge, that's the first one that was missed. Should she return, she has a home at JDTs. Her apartment was as she left it when she went out that evening - clothes on the bed, all belongings as she would have normally left them - by all indication this is an involuntary disappearance.

The issue with this is if it was a random person they wouldn't know about the LoJack installed by the car dealership unless it was someone that actually worked there. The GPS system wasn't a consumer-based system but a commercial one. Typically LoJacks are hidden in the car so they are harder to disable.

I keep thinking of several comments in the thread previously that Mobile has a high rate of carjacking. I think those committing carjackings could possibly have the knowledge of locating & disconnecting. It is their profession apparently. And I think the paper tag red flagged the probability of one being on it. Maybe. Just my line of thinking while I was thinking the theory out loud.

My apologies regarding my rent/eviction postings. I was just shocked by the statement the MPD threw her stuff on the curb and felt it was just one more thing that should not have happened to DNV.[/QUOTE

Sorry this part was from me ChiCubs2016! Not sure how I messed up the quote!
I agree. Not apologizing because this site is about fact finding and sleuthing. We can ask questions as long as they are not TOS. If folks do not like them or do not wish to respond they can scroll and roll or roll and scroll. So far from what I see, everyone asking questions and making comments have been respectful. We are all here for one reason and one reason only to Help Find DNV!

Last edited:
Can I ask why we're beating the rent/apartment into the ground? It had nothing to do with her disappearance/no related activity took place there.

The apartment issue/rent issue was raised originally in the context of how the interests of missing DNV were being protected by the T family. We have people that are sitting on $5,000 that didn't see that preserving an apartment for a period of time might make sense for any number of reasons. I wonder how this entire sequence of events will eventually be explained to a daughter years from now when she asks what happened to my mom and where are her things? What will the response be? Oh honey she was evicted and the police put all her things on the curb? Can you see how the perception of these actions plays out to people looking at this situation from afar? It looks shady AF IMO.

Hopefully the MPD processed the scene and took any evidence they believed to be relevant to the case. As pointed out by @Alethea it is a shame that the entire apartment hasn't been preserved as evidence. As outsiders looking in on this entire situation with DNV and the T clan I would hope that you would be sensitive to the outsiders perception of what happened to the apartment. DNV and her personal effects were essentially evaporated. We don't yet know if any related activity took place there but maybe eventually we will find out in any future litigation. I can't speak for anyone else but for myself but I have to say that I cannot believe that the removal of any of DNV's personal effects was legally accomplished. What seemed to have happened seems contrary to anything I have ever learned about leases and access to a rental apartment. The initial stories about the event seems to related to taking furniture and TT belonging that were at the apartment and now we have a different story entirely. I've spoken to the issues of character and integrity and I have to say at least on the issue of the apartment their appears to be little IMO. I agree.

Lets move on, but this apartment issue won't be forgotten.

My apologies regarding my rent/eviction postings. I was just shocked by the statement the MPD threw her stuff on the curb and felt it was just one more thing that should not have happened to DNV.

You went through an eviction in NC; I'm a REALTOR® in NC. Each state is different - in NC, the same 30 day period does exist but, after that, if the belongings are unclaimed, LE is to move the tenant/former tenant's belongings in to a storage unit (I forget for how long but I believe it's a year). Apparently, in AL, they throw them to the curb instead of taking them to storage.

The apartment issue/rent issue was raised originally in the context of how the interests of missing DNV were being protected by the T family. We have people that are sitting on $5,000 that didn't see that preserving an apartment for a period of time might make sense for any number of reasons. I wonder how this entire sequence of events will eventually be explained to a daughter years from now when she asks what happened to my mom and where are her things? What will the response be? Oh honey she was evicted and the police put all her things on the curb? Can you see how the perception of these actions plays out to people looking at this situation from afar? It looks shady AF IMO.

Hopefully the MPD processed the scene and took any evidence they believed to be relevant to the case. As pointed out by @Alethea it is a shame that the entire apartment hasn't been preserved as evidence. As outsiders looking in on this entire situation with DNV and the T clan I would hope that you would be sensitive to the outsiders perception of what happened to the apartment. DNV and her personal effects were essentially evaporated. We don't yet know if any related activity took place there but maybe eventually we will find out in any future litigation. I can't speak for anyone else but for myself but I have to say that I cannot believe that the removal of any of DNV's personal effects was legally accomplished. What seemed to have happened seems contrary to anything I have ever learned about leases and access to a rental apartment. The initial stories about the event seems to related to taking furniture and TT belonging that were at the apartment and now we have a different story entirely. I've spoken to the issues of character and integrity and I have to say at least on the issue of the apartment their appears to be little IMO. I agree.

Lets move on, but this apartment issue won't be forgotten.

DNVs things were placed on the curb by MCSO; however, as I've said numerous times, the T family is in possession of those very things. There will not be any question as to where those are.

I've already stated multiple times, as well, that MPD did process the apartment.

If you've never experienced or handled an eviction, I urge you to research how they are done. It is a cold/callous thing but there are laws that even LE have to abide by in the process. After the eviction is filed by the landlord, there is a mandatory period of time in which the tenant must be given to catch the rent back up. In NC that's 30 days (just as an example). If that does not happen, the Sheriff's Dept comes out and padlocks the door for another period of time. During this time period, they must give a tenant time to retrieve their belongings. After that, LE has laws to follow with regards to what they do with the belongings. In NC, the belongings are to go into a storage unit; apparently in AL they can be placed at the curb.

Some information for those interested:

The Eviction Process in Alabama: Rules for Landlords and Property Managers

If the tenant leaves personal property behind in the rental unit after the tenant has been evicted, the landlord must store the personal property for up to 14 days. If the tenant does not claim the property during this time, then the landlord can dispose of the personal property, with no further liability to the tenant (see Ala. Code § 35-9A-423(d)). Handling a Tenant’s Abandoned Property in Alabama has more information for the landlord.

City of Mobile website Civil Division & Central Records:

I need to evict someone from my rental property. How can I do that?

Under state law, evictions must be filed in Mobile County District Court. It is only after the eviction case is complete and the court clerk has issued a writ of restitution that the Sheriff’s Office can conduct a “set out.” The eviction process is not easy, and securing legal counsel is recommended. You can call the State Bar’s lawyer referral service at 1-800-392-5660. The following website has information about Alabama’s eviction process:

Alabama Eviction

Please note that a court order is needed for law enforcement to remove any person from a residence, even if that person is a relative.

Do we know if the eviction was filed with the Mobile County District Court?

Some information for those interested:

The Eviction Process in Alabama: Rules for Landlords and Property Managers

If the tenant leaves personal property behind in the rental unit after the tenant has been evicted, the landlord must store the personal property for up to 14 days. If the tenant does not claim the property during this time, then the landlord can dispose of the personal property, with no further liability to the tenant (see Ala. Code § 35-9A-423(d)). Handling a Tenant’s Abandoned Property in Alabama has more information for the landlord.

City of Mobile website Civil Division & Central Records:

I need to evict someone from my rental property. How can I do that?

Under state law, evictions must be filed in Mobile County District Court. It is only after the eviction case is complete and the court clerk has issued a writ of restitution that the Sheriff’s Office can conduct a “set out.” The eviction process is not easy, and securing legal counsel is recommended. You can call the State Bar’s lawyer referral service at 1-800-392-5660. The following website has information about Alabama’s eviction process:

Alabama Eviction

Please note that a court order is needed for law enforcement to remove any person from a residence, even if that person is a relative.

Do we know if the eviction was filed with the Mobile County District Court?

I have not seen the eviction documents but the apartment was in MC so it should have been/MCDC would be the only court with jurisdiction.

I have made my last statement regarding the apartment/rent...simply because you are all asking the same questions I've already answered. I don't know what more I can give you since facts don't seem to suffice.

Valid points. And, it has happened and no matter how much discussion happens, it cannot be changed.

Unfortunately, as there doesn’t seem to be anything else new to discuss and gnaw on, this has become today’s topic du jour.

Yet, we all have the same desire. To locate Danni and bring her home.

What else can be done to sleuth this case? Any new tangents to look at closely?

I asked about the apartment because I am a defense lawyer and I spend my whole life looking at evidence. It is what I do for a living. When there is a criminal investigation of a company we are served with a litigation hold that means you must preserve everything and not delete or destroy documents, evidence, places, things. The hold is indefinite until the investigation is complete. I would treat a missing person with at least the same evidence preservation I would a company's office. Obviously no one expects anyone to keep a missing person's apartment for years but a few months while a homicide investigation is ongoing seems reasonable. I am surprised no one tried to work with MPD and the landlord to hold the apartment.

And no disrespect to anyone involved with this case, but when young women go missing their intimate partners are often the prime suspect. Over 55% of murdered women are murdered by past or present intimate partners. Only 16% of murdered women are murdered by strangers. The odds are she was harmed by someone who has been to her apartment before. That is the reason we are discussing the apartment. I was under the mistaken assumption that it was being covered while detectives worked to solve the case.

The fact that LE does not seem to be interested in DW makes me think this is all a red herring. LE likely interviewed him and subpoenaed his cell phone records as the last person who saw a missing woman. If his story didn't add up, I think we would know by now. Unless DW is Gary Ridgeway 2.0 I don't really see how this adds up to anything if he was seen at Dublin's and seen at Ollie's while DNV is on surveillance tape at the Shell station.

I like to work in the realm of facts so I am going to look through the Mobile AL bookings for the week of July 17.

I think that is a really important fact to sort out. Was the ex-boyfriend in jail on the night of July 17? If not, I think that opens a realistic possibility of potential suspects in Danni's disappearance.

Got it! That leaves me with another question, supposedly DNV paid cash and partially financed her car. I 100% understand the want/need to have a car but a place to live is more practical. Why spend the money on a car when you have past due rent?

Isn't the unpaid rent for the two months since her disappearance?

Valid points. And, it has happened and no matter how much discussion happens, it cannot be changed.

Unfortunately, as there doesn’t seem to be anything else new to discuss and gnaw on, this has become today’s topic du jour.

Yet, we all have the same desire. To locate Danni and bring her home.

What else can be done to sleuth this case? Any new tangents to look at closely?
Sadly nothing new. No LE update. No DNV. No Chevy Cruze. No Press Reports or Press Activity. No updates on unidentified bodies in Mobile. No info or statements from any member of the Party train or anyone that might have seen DNV the night she went missing. In short, nothing.

We have spent alot of time trying to understand a sequence of events that is believed to have come from one of the members of the party train who might or might not be a suspect and a sequence of events which as of yet is unconfirmed by LE. Not sure how productive this is at all given that we are two months into the process?

We still don't have any consensus on voluntary or involuntary missing of DNV.

I think that is a really important fact to sort out. Was the ex-boyfriend in jail on the night of July 17? If not, I think that opens a realistic possibility of potential suspects in Danni's disappearance.

I have seen no evidence that TT was in jail on July 17. He was last arrested April 25 for burglary and has previous cases in 2017 for DUI.

I have made my last statement regarding the apartment/rent...simply because you are all asking the same questions I've already answered. I don't know what more I can give you since facts don't seem to suffice.
<bolded by me>

I think this is at the heart of many of the questions about the rent/eviction discussion. I’ve noticed that those participating in sleuthing a case at WS become very attached to, I’d even say love, the victims and are very empathetic and caring. They feel for the victim deeply and it becomes more than just an exercise in logic to try and help. Althea made a very valid reason for the importance of protecting the apt as is and I think there were others who had same concerns. I’m just saying this so you’ll perhaps better understand why it seems posters sometimes get hung up on one aspect for a bit.

Family entered after she went missing; however, MPD is who ransacked the apartment and threw her belongings on the curb. JDT & TT went to retrieve them.

JDT's focus has been getting DNV's name & case out there. Should DNV return, she has a place to stay (at JDTs) so that's not a concern. But fliers aren't always free (though some places that will print them for free have been found and are being utilized), billboards aren't free, signs (those are in the works) aren't free and, if needed PIs aren't always free. One PI has for sure ben hired that is working pro bono; another is being hired (because the more eyes on it, the better and they've agreed to work together) but I don't know if the second is charging or not.

As far as if any member of the T family was a party to the lease, I'm not sure; however, since DNV didn't have a relationship with her family/a broken relationship at best, so I'd imagine that on the "in case of emergency" line of her lease, she listed JDT. I could be wrong on that; it's strictly just my guess based on relationship dynamics between DNV and the T family and DNV and her own family.

JDT can account for every penny spent. You are also welcome to be skeptical instead of trusting what I say with regards to the plans for the money and how the money has already been spent. However, as the VI in this case, I do not have to provide anyone with the accountability for those funds.

BBM

I've never heard of police ransacking an apartment and carrying personal items from a private apartment to the street and leaving them there. That doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734