Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Bus System website link:

The Wave Transit System, AL | Official Website

Will try to see if its possible to easily get from DNV apt to PF Changs/Ollies and the hours any routes would be in service.

Ollie’s was within waking distance and she did walk to work before getting her car. I’m not sure about PF Chang’s but by the time I get caught up, you may have answered that.

Yep, that's why this case is driving me daft! lol
So - one thing to take facts and speculate
Another to just....speculate...and give no reason as to what fact might back it up, or what logical reasoning is...
Okay - so going to just make up a car for DW since don't know what he was driving...
DNV - Chevy
DW...let's say Ford Explorer...
Ford Explorer leaves...
Minute later....car enters lot......okay...what kind of car is it?
Either it's a Ford Explorer or not, lol...how difficult is this? Lol
Don't mean anything rude whatsoever to anyone...I just don't get it...should be easy to know if it's an Explorer or not, right?
Oh well.....guess I'll have to choose a side (which is just chance I guess??)...I'm going to go with DW not car 3

If you read page 41 of thread 1, that is where the theory is introduced that DW is Car 1 and Car 3. There doesn't seem to be any reason for this speculation.

I no longer believe this but at the time I thought since Car 3 pulled in only one minute after Car 1 left, Car 1 drove out, noticed DNV was not behind him, and did a U-turn back into the Shell Station to say "Hey why aren't you following me?" and then they left together at 11:24. Since DW supposedly said he "lost" DNV on the way to Dublin's, he saw her follow him out of the gas station (at 11:24). It seems odd to say you "lost" someone driving if they never actually drove out of the Shell Station.

But I have changed my mind and I think DW left and Car 3 is an unknown.

To add, I have never advised a client to talk to the media. I have given statements on a client's behalf in very carefully scripted and orchestrated cases. But it is almost never worth it. You just open yourself up to busybodies on Facebook who don't understand even the basics of law or investigative work calling your client's second-cousins. My default position is cooperate fully with LE and not at all with the press unless there's a compelling reason why and I feel like I can control the narrative.
I agree with your position as it relates to clients as it makes total sense. But in so many missing cases the people that are last with the missing person are distraught and seek out the press to share their story, express grief and help find their missing friend. We have seen nothing from the party group to indicate that they have any concern about the missing DNV and this seems odd to me. I would have to watch the vigil footage again to see if any of them were there that night. The more I am thinking about this case it either could be some elaborate charade or a true car jacking abduction at the Shell station. Still thinking.

Sometimes think that DW didn't go back to Shell and decided to return rental because he was afraid occupant(s) of car might have seen him....& at this point he knows something happened to DNV & he's freaked a bit out by it....if he went back there, they might be looking for him......
from what cedgison says (though says doesn't believe LE - not sure why...) there is one person per car.....so: no one to drive DNVs car....they might disable GPS but then....she'd have to willingly follow their car/directions (which would be nuts)

There's a big difference from confirming 3 cars and/or 3 people.
What is posted upthread is that there were "3 cars/people."

We've all seen the distance between the camera and the car location in the screen shot of the video. I believe 3 cars (rather than 2 cars where one car is seen twice), but I would be very surprised if CCTV clearly illustrated the number of people in each car.

We talked about this the other night and I guess I'm still confused. If DNV didn't know Car 3 or wasn't expecting them wouldn't it make sense to leave quickly as that would be the typical stranger danger scenario and instinct would be to flee? DNV didn't leave quickly but stayed. If nobody got out of their car to immobilize DNV in this scenario then why did she stay in a dark lot with a car she supposedly didn't know? I hadn't read about Pearl using a kill switch to immobilize a car but could Car 3 have known about GPS and kill switch? To us looking at the scenario it could have looked like she was sitting there calmly with Car 3 when the reality was that her car was unable to start due to kill switch making that impossible. IDK. I wish someone local that had purchased from Pearl knew whether they used by GPS and kill switch.

It's possible that DNV was impaired. She supposedly left her phone on the back of a car at Dublin's. That makes me think she was talking to friends and chatting on her phone, put her phone down, and then walked off into her car. I think that's a not so common occurrence if you're sober but probably a frequent issue at a bar. At the Shell Station maybe her defenses were down - she's happy, tipsy, finally in her own car - and she agreed to leave with the people in Car 3 (known or acquaintances or unknown but friendly seeming). Maybe they went to a party or something where either a planned or unplanned crime occurred or an accident happened that they all are covering up.

Whoever was in Car 3 knows what happened.

We talked about this the other night and I guess I'm still confused. If DNV didn't know Car 3 or wasn't expecting them wouldn't it make sense to leave quickly as that would be the typical stranger danger scenario and instinct would be to flee? DNV didn't leave quickly but stayed. If nobody got out of their car to immobilize DNV in this scenario then why did she stay in a dark lot with a car she supposedly didn't know? I hadn't read about Pearl using a kill switch to immobilize a car but could Car 3 have known about GPS and kill switch? To us looking at the scenario it could have looked like she was sitting there calmly with Car 3 when the reality was that her car was unable to start due to kill switch making that impossible. IDK. I wish someone local that had purchased from Pearl knew whether they used by GPS and kill switch.

A couple of possibilities come to mind. The obvious is that Car 3 in some way blocked the exit of Danni's car. Barring that, either she recognized someone in the car, or perhaps a weapon was used. A gun might cause people to freeze.

A couple of possibilities come to mind. The obvious is that Car 3 in some way blocked the exit of Danni's car. Barring that, either she recognized someone in the car, or perhaps a weapon was used. A gun might cause people to freeze.
Do you think there might have been a kill switch on the car? That would freeze the car and she would be trapped?

If you had somebody else’s phone - would you answer incoming calls?
Yes, I have. Especially if it is someone I know by name, but not their cell number. It’s happened only twice, and the person who owned the phone was calling it from a friend/family member’s phone trying to locate it to see where they had left it.

I no longer believe this but at the time I thought since Car 3 pulled in only one minute after Car 1 left, Car 1 drove out, noticed DNV was not behind him, and did a U-turn back into the Shell Station to say "Hey why aren't you following me?" and then they left together at 11:24. Since DW supposedly said he "lost" DNV on the way to Dublin's, he saw her follow him out of the gas station (at 11:24). It seems odd to say you "lost" someone driving if they never actually drove out of the Shell Station.

But I have changed my mind and I think DW left and Car 3 is an unknown.

When you look at the big picture, if DW and Danni were the only two people at the Shell station, and they left together at 11:24 to collect the phone, then DW disabled the GPS and Danni is voluntarily missing.

Furthermore, we know that police confiscated CCTV footage, meaning it's most likely crime scene footage, meaning disabling the GPS is the beginning of an incident that ended with Danni and her car vanishing.

Add to this that Danni had solid goals to gain custody of her daughter, and she was well on her way to achieving those goals in time to walk her daughter to school every day. She would also have a bedroom for her daughter, meaning sleepovers were in the near future. She did not voluntarily disappear.

Finally, DW's timeline will have been confirmed with homicide detectives.

Car 3 is someone who knew to disable the GPS before leaving the Shell station. That took roughly 15 minutes.

Here's a question - how long does it usually take a pro-carjacker to disable an OnStar GPS?

@ Alethea - I'm with you...just wondering then, how/who disabled her GPS...if it's super easy...and she's tipsy...might be able to lean in window, chatting, and do so...(admittedly seems far fetched to me)....
Also.....yeah @ Otto: I will be surprised if LE can tell how many people...sounds like the makes/models of cars are in question!
And I cannot make heads or tails of that screen shot of lot.....so really leaning on other's ideas, views.....
Waiting/hoping cedgison will expound on the 3cars/people
doesn't say 3cars/5people for instance...I'm just assuming you got 3 cars you've at least got 3 people, lol, these days: who knows....
Don't know what I'm going to think if it's one driver per car......means DNV either wasn't driving her car (then where is she??)...or she followed this 3rd car somewhere, willingly...(which I might believe...but then: how did this occupant of car 3 disable GPS?)

@ Otto - if DW disabled GPS then DNV is voluntarily missing if she was the only occupant of her car.....
(sure hope to hear about this 3 car/people thingy...VI even says doesn't believe it....)

It's possible that DNV was impaired. She supposedly left her phone on the back of a car at Dublin's. That makes me think she was talking to friends and chatting on her phone, put her phone down, and then walked off into her car. I think that's a not so common occurrence if you're sober but probably a frequent issue at a bar. At the Shell Station maybe her defenses were down - she's happy, tipsy, finally in her own car - and she agreed to leave with the people in Car 3 (known or acquaintances or unknown but friendly seeming). Maybe they went to a party or something where either a planned or unplanned crime occurred or an accident happened that they all are covering up.

Whoever was in Car 3 knows what happened.

I'm thinking that even if she knew one or more people in Car 3, her objective was to meet DW at The Dublin to look for her phone. I don't see any reason for her to abandon that goal at that time under those circumstances.

I could see that she let her guard down and before she knew it she was in trouble.

I'm inclined to think that there were two people in Car 3, and that they drove the two cars out of the Shell station.

It was one of the JDT early stories/theories.

There’s nothing that says it couldn’t be possibl
IMO Nothing about DW adds up to me - I'm sure LE knows more than we do...however, despite that, he has not been cleared.....sadly without finding DNV alive or her body...we may never know... :(

I think some of you know more than I do about DWs calls: who did he alert when she didn't show at Dublins - the rest of the party train at Ollies or someone else?

He called in morning (after somehow accessing phone) to call JDT - he did not say he was worried - doesn't seem he told the full story: he simply says he has 'this girls' phone....also find it very odd to say he thinks phone is 'important' because there's pictures of a little girl - HUH? Why does that make her phone important? Odd.....

One thing I'm wondering for those who saw the CCTV before LE had it pulled:
It's been said that there weren't any people moving between the cars, getting out of them, in them, etc. - is that a fact...OR
Is it that CCTV too murky to see if people moving between the cars?

First, if fact no one is moving between/in/out of cars: DW lying about DNV being out of her car....
but even more so: all the people of these events were always in their respective vehicles....so whomever dismantled DNV GPS was already in that car.....so no one from car #3 got out & did so, much less anyone from any car getting into DNVs that wasn't already there......

Suggests DNV may not having been driving since leaving Dublin's......(if you assume she did not dismantle GPS)

Also wondering how it is that DW, without a doubt is Car #2 (DNV is #1 right?) - however, it isn't clear if car #3 is DW or not......
I don't understand that - should be obvious.....I can only take it that car #3 parks in such a manner that it isn't clear in CCTV.....?

Possible DW drives off, comes back - maybe because DNV car not following...or some other need to communicate something...

I am open to idea car #3 is DW....but doubt it.
Sure wish Dublin's had CCTV - could see when he pulls in (not to mention see what went down in parking lot prior to leaving) - would have made easy to know if he could be car#3....

Fact DW lied, has the phone of a missing gal, who he just happens to be the last person to see her, he did NOT say he was worried on the 18th, distances himself, doesn't go back to check if she's okay, ditches his rental car...eh, I could go on & on.....until LE clears him as a suspect: I'm not......

I am hoping that more information will come out about JT - just because Danni wasn't found there doesn't mean there isn't some kind of connection....

TT* (that’s not just directed towards you; it’s for everyone. Part of my goal is to alleviate confusion so I just wanted to make sure we’re on the same page. JDTs son is TT.)

Car 1 is DW; Car 2 is DNV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member