AL AL - Danniella Vian, 24, Mobile, 17 Jul 2018 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely agree! This is a total fools errand IMO and the Party of 4 would be well advised to stay away. The reality is they won't even know they have been summoned which makes the request even more hilarious. Not that I think they would do it but if the Party of 4 either individually or collectively posted their account on the MPD Find Danniella page that could be quite useful as potentially information could be used by members of the public that might have been out that night at Dublins or Ollies might recall seeing something that could help MPD find DNV. The public truly has next to nothing to work with here unfortunately. Do we have a description of DW car as someone might remember seeing it versus the DNV vehicle. Do we have an actual description of Car 3? Again somebody might recall seeing Car 3 if they knew what they were looking for. This event didn't happen yesterday so I'm not sure why descriptions of ALL the vehicles weren't put out there immediately for public viewing. My assumption at this point is that this lack of information was actually deliberate as since I've started following some of the local crime events in Mobile there have been a number of examples of photos, cars, CCTV have all been posted and where MPD have asked the public for help and the public responds quite quickly and effectively. This reaching out to the public with pictures and instructions hasn't happened in this case for whatever reason so I can only assume there is a reason for that not having been done.
Thank you for this, Atticus!

It is interesting to me that the comparison of this case to other Mobile, AL, cases indicates noticeably less info. provided to the public in DNV's case than in that of others...

There must be a reason... But what is it?

I have looked at some of the water spots on the map, and even researched which areas are deep enough for a car to easily vanish. I wouldn't even know where to begin, but hopefully police are actively searching obvious waterways for the car.
This leads me to the question of:

Have any locals here noticed LE activity (namely searches) in any areas in and surrounding Mobile, AL?

I am trying to play catch-up with the threads but I am so confused so I am going to keep reading.

I can speak on one thing though: I am very familiar with the Deep South, particularly AL. I am pretty familiar with Mobile. From my observations, Mobile is a hard place to live if you aren’t old money. These old Money families can make Mobile a very dark place.

I have seen a few questions asking about how Mobile operates. Here’s my interpretation of Mobile: Old money dominates every aspect of life. The privileged are untouchable. They operate through life with a separate set of laws.

Throw logic out the door because this town doesn’t recognize it. They respond only to established last names. They go to a few select private schools. It isn’t untypical to hear of a family paying for impoverished football players to come to their private school just because they are wanting their school to win football games. Then when their privileged children go off to University, they stay inside their cliques. They join select fraternities and sororities. If you can imagine people whose family will get them out of anything, no matter how awful & evil, then you can imagine how brutal they might be and how little they care. The cruelest people I have met in my life have come out of Old Money Mobile. They are poweful around the state. Their parents serve on public university boards, they mingle and throw money at the UA football programs, and stay involved in The Machine (lookup Wikipedia entry on UA Greek)—which runs University elections. Why care about University elections? Because it is tied directly to the state government. In AL, being “voted” SGA President at UA also makes the person President of The Machine, which has all the power at UA. A long history of AL politicians being UA SGA President.

Imagine people never being prosecuted for any kind of abuse—rape, torture, animal cruelty—anything short of murder. These are part of powerful elite inside Mobile.

There are probably all sorts of nice people that live in Mobile that don’t fit into this definition, but I doubt that they are part of old money. If there’s someone from Mobile with Old Money that doesn’t fit this description, I haven’t met them. Truly, they scare me.

Here is an article about this topic. If someone from old money is involved—as mentioned in an earlier thread by an insider in this case—it may explain the absence of real information from any source.

The makings of UA's 'Machine'

Climb inside 'The Machine' at UA

10 Stories That Show The Power Of 'The Machine,' University Of Alabama's All-White Secret Society

Last edited:
I am trying to play catch-up with the threads but I am so confused so I am going to keep reading.

I can speak on one thing though: I am very familiar with the Deep South, particularly AL. I am pretty familiar with Mobile. From my observations, Mobile is a hard place to live if you aren’t old money. These old Money families can make Mobile a very dark place.

I have seen a few questions asking about how Mobile operates. Here’s my interpretation of Mobile: Old money dominates every aspect of life. The privileged are untouchable. They operate through life with a separate set of laws.

Throw logic out the door because this town doesn’t recognize it. They respond only to established last names. They go to a few select private schools. It isn’t untypical to hear of a family paying for impoverished football players to come to their private school just because they are wanting their school to win football games. Then when their privileged children go off to University, they stay inside their cliques. They join select fraternities and sororities. If you can imagine people whose family will get them out of anything, no matter how awful & evil, then you can imagine how brutal they might be and how little they care. The cruelest people I have met in my life have come out of Old Money Mobile. They are poweful around the state. Their parents serve on public university boards, they mingle and throw money at the UA football programs, and stay involved in The Machine (lookup Wikipedia entry on UA Greek)—which runs University elections. Why care about University elections? Because it is tied directly to the state government. In AL, being “voted” SGA President at UA also makes the person President of The Machine, which has all the power at UA. A long history of AL politicians being UA SGA President.

Imagine people never being prosecuted for any kind of abuse—rape, torture, animal cruelty—anything short of murder. These are part of powerful elite inside Mobile.

There are probably all sorts of nice people that live in Mobile that don’t fit into this definition, but I doubt that they are part of old money. If there’s someone from Mobile with Old Money that doesn’t fit this description, I haven’t met them. Truly, they scare me.

Here is an article about this topic. If someone from old money is involved—as mentioned in an earlier thread by an insider in this case—it may explain the absence of real information from any source.

10 Stories That Show The Power Of 'The Machine,' University Of Alabama's All-White Secret Society
DW is NOT originally from Mobile. He is not from old Mobile money.

As someone that has lived and grown up here in Mobile for the last 47 years, I would have to respectfully disagree with your statements. Granted money and names had an effect on society here in Mobile over 40 - 50 years ago, that is no longer the case. There are very few if any "connected" families in Mobile, the old money has dried up and been replaced by outside corporations.

As Lulajo stated DW is not from Mobile and is not old money. He does have a job that makes him more visible, especially in the press but he is no different than a company spokesman for the most part.

On top of that Battiste doesn't care about old money.

As far as the UA 'Machine' most of the 'elites' are in North Alabama.

The only reason MPD have not made an arrest is they do not have the evidence they need. This is something typical MPD does, they want to make sure when they charge someone that they have ALL of the evidence they can to justify that charge. This is why you rarely, if ever see someone wrongly charged or charged and found innocent in Mobile.

As someone that has lived and grown up here in Mobile for the last 47 years, I would have to respectfully disagree with your statements. Granted money and names had an effect on society here in Mobile over 40 - 50 years ago, that is no longer the case. There are very few if any "connected" families in Mobile, the old money has dried up and been replaced by outside corporations.

As Lulajo stated DW is not from Mobile and is not old money. He does have a job that makes him more visible, especially in the press but he is no different than a company spokesman for the most part.

The only reason MPD have not made an arrest is they do not have the evidence they need. This is something typical MPD does, they want to make sure when they charge someone that they have ALL of the evidence they can to justify that charge. This is why you rarely, if ever see someone wrongly charged or charged and found innocent in Mobile.
Amen. Having grown up in Mobile, I don't think I've ever felt as though life here was hard or I was at some disadvantage for not being part of the social elite group. Sure, there are groups that I'm not privy too, but the comment puts it in this mob type light and I just don't agree with that by any means.

Amen. Having grown up in Mobile, I don't think I've ever felt as though life here was hard or I was at some disadvantage for not being part of the social elite group. Sure, there are groups that I'm not privy too, but the comment puts it in this mob type light and I just don't agree with that by any means.

Dang and here I thought I could see the Caste system in action in Mobile.... So much cheaper than a flight to India.

Yeahhh the old Mobile money thing never made sense to me with him not being originally from here. I just figured I didn’t know something. I’ve lived here all my days as well and I know there are prominent names that people associate with money but DWs surname isn’t one that I’m familiar with being included in that group. Now he may have friends that are or know people In that group… But it is my thought that people would not risk dirtying their name to protect somebody if they were thought to be part of some crime such as this. It might get you a really good attorney though. There is still old mobile money, but there are also people that have no money but one of those prominent names that open doors for them. The private schools recruiting and offering scholarships to kids to help win games does happen.

And I have a question… is it common in crimes like these for the family of the victim to call people sick idiots if they dare suggest them being involved in the disappearance? I mean honestly based on the facts that are known to the public which aren’t very many at all and the fact that nobody has been cleared publicly by LE and with the knowledge that statistics show most crimes such as these are committed by people that are close to the victim I wouldn’t call it sick or stupid or crazy or redundant to theorize people close to the victim to be involved with her disappearance. Especially in conjunction with the fact that the people outwardly throwing out those kinds of theories don’t “know” the family or the other people that were last known to be with her that night.

Daniella is missing! Daniella’s safety and whereabouts are the focus.

Last edited:

10 Stories That Show The Power Of 'The Machine,' University Of Alabama's All-White Secret

I wrote my statements fully aware that it would receive backlash. I grew up in Alabama and graduated from The University of Alabama. My statements are consistent with my observations, experiences & knowledge. As an adult, I have lived in other SE cities and the Midwest. My statements regarding Mobile are based on my point of view as well as well-documented events.
I am sorry we’ll have to respectfully disagree. I stand by it.

I have a couple of questions for the VI (I'm a couple of pages behind so apologies if they have been addressed)

1. Are RC and/or MK friends with TT as well?
2. You stated that you only DW was at the gas station, not RC or MK - how do you know this if we don't know the ID of car 3?
3. How do you know they were never at ollies?
4. You stated DW did not file missing report. I thought, and maybe I am wrong, that you had said previously DW and JDT went to station together and BOTH filed reports
5. Also if the plan was to head to ollie's, why did RC and MK suddenly change their minds?

TIA

Last edited:

Thanks so much for posting this information as it provides some fantastic insight regarding the local power structure in Mobile and gives a sense of how DNV and the T/D families might fit into the local community structure.

What is your sense of how DNV as someone from out of town, limited education and might fit into Mobile and how would she have been welcomed or treated? What do you believe might be the response of LE to one of Old Money Mobile's finest possibly having something to do with the abduction of DNV? Would it be ignored or swept under the rug? Would LE be hesitant to get involved and might just let the community sort it out itself? How does the Chief of Police/Police Department fit into this society dominated by Old Mobile? Can the Chief run his department as he sees fit or is his power strictly controlled by Old Mobile? Does the prescence of Old Mobile make it impossible for someone like DNV to receive justice?

Old Money Mobile is certainly a local force to be considered. Which are the local Old Money Mobile Schools and Country Clubs? I had looked at a partial membership list of The Country Club of Mobile and it seems like it might qualify as Old Mobile. Is this correct? It would be very helpful to learn more about the schools, private clubs, organizations that local schools and universities that might qualify as Old Mobile. Would the board of Trustees of USA qualify as Old Mobile? We have a member of this case involved on the Advisory Board of USA and my sense is that the membership didn't look like Old Mobile? Is this assumption correct?

Any ideas of how else Old Mobile might be impacting this case?

DW is NOT originally from Mobile. He is not from old Mobile money.
Agree. Does anyone see any evidence YET of the stamp of Old Mobile on this case? Could it be the father of DNV baby that was just given up for adoption or perhaps the people in Car 3? Does DNV have any friends that are part of Old Mobile or does she function within a different group of people all together? All this is relevant to understanding DNV and the environment in which she lived.

I wrote my statements fully aware that it would receive backlash. I grew up in Alabama and graduated from The University of Alabama. My statements are consistent with my observations, experiences & knowledge. As an adult, I have lived in other SE cities and the Midwest. My statements regarding Mobile are based on my point of view as well as well-documented events.

I appreciate your input, it's always valuable to hear opinions and all sides of a story. I guess my question would be why would some powerful person want to murder a harmless 24 year old bartender with no family?

If she were last seen with a 19 year old cocaine-addicted rich kid with a history of getting thrown out of private schools for rape, I can see how this would all play out. But none of the people she was with seem to fit this mold.

Sadly I doubt anyone with any power knew DNV even existed.

As someone not from Mobile but has met people from Mobile that are part of the world you describe I believe your statements to be spot on! You don't need to defend your POV as people disagree here all the time!

Many people that live in Mobile that aren't part of Old Mobile probably just go about their business, raise their families and don't think too much about what all is behind the decisions that are made in their city. I don't think this type of social structure is unique to Mobile or the South BTW its just that Mobile might be a more extreme example of a social structure that is relatively fixed and where a small group dominates the power structure in government and civic affairs. Going to Atlanta as an example you will certainly find Old Atlanta but there is a sense of movement amongst certain groups of people that are involved in government, civic affairs, business community and charity that might be considered a bit more socially open than say Mobile IMO.

What would you think would happen if a member of Old Mobile might be involved some way with DNV case? Would that be a reason to pull the CCTV from the Shell station? Could that be why there has been no substantive public information on the case in weeks? Could it be why the local press hasn't been taking an investigative approach to this cast at all and seems to be going through the motions of reporting on this case? Is what we are seeing or not seeing in this case the result of Old Mobile?

And I have a question… is it common in crimes like these for the family of the victim to call people sick idiots if they dare suggest them being involved in the disappearance? I mean honestly based on the facts that are known to the public which aren’t very many at all and the fact that nobody has been cleared publicly by LE and with the knowledge that statistics show most crimes such as these are committed by people that are close to the victim I wouldn’t call it sick or stupid or crazy or redundant to theorize people close to the victim to be involved with her disappearance. Especially in conjunction with the fact that the people outwardly throwing out those kinds of theories don’t “know” the family or the other people that were last known to be with her that night.

Daniella is missing! Daniella’s safety and whereabouts are the focus.

It is very curious. o_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members